Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do you set LCS to fullscreen mode?  (Read 12797 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do you set LCS to fullscreen mode?
« on: January 18, 2009, 02:11:58 am »

I haven't played in a while; now I can't seem to set the latest version to full screen mode.  The window's properties option for fullscreen does nothing; alt-enter does nothing.  Tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything.

I'm sure I used to know this...
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: How do you set LCS to fullscreen mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:15:46 am »

I'm unaware of a full screen mode.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:19:55 am »

Well...  could we have a fullscreen mode, then?

When was it removed, anyway?
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 02:15:26 am »

Best as I can recall, Toady's last version (number 13, I think) didn't feature a fullscreen option.

Oboolet (can't spell that right currently, it's the game LCS owes credit to, see the manual, it's also a location in the game) had a fullscreen version...but not LCS.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:42:59 am »

Hmm...  it might have been a matter of me playing it under Windows 98 or ME back then, so the console window behaved differently and let me fullscreen it...  I vaguely remember this coming up before, somehow.  I certainly was playing it in fullscreen.

But anyway, what are the chances of us getting a fullscreen version now?  I can't really play windowed games on my massive old CRT with my eyes, and I don't really want to anyway...  it's not like I'm doing anything else in another window while playing LCS, after all.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:51:42 am by Aquillion »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:44 am »

Open paint. Make a black pixel. Set that black pixel as your wallpaper. Play LCS without annoying distractions.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 05:15:19 pm »

I haven't played in a while; now I can't seem to set the latest version to full screen mode.  The window's properties option for fullscreen does nothing; alt-enter does nothing. 
That is odd, it always worked for me (well, until I got a new computer with Vista, which I still haven't got around to removing).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 05:23:52 pm »

It's your computer, not LCS. I use alt + enter.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 07:15:23 pm »

Huh, now that I look, I can't seem to even set my basic console window to fullscreen...  which is odd, since using Windows XP, I really should be able to...

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 07:23:28 pm »

press ALT+ENTER with the console opened, that's fullscreen mode

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 12:23:41 am »

Like I mentioned in my first post...  I know that's how it's supposed to work.  ALT-ENTER does nothing.  Likewise, in the window's properties menu, where there's supposed to be an option to set it to fullscreen, there is nothing.

Weird...  I can't find anything about this happening in XP online.  Vista, yes; you can't set consoles to fullscreen in Vista.  But in XP you're supposed to be able to.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 02:13:44 pm »

Alt enter works on some programs on vista. I'm not really sure what is going on here.

II Da Q236 II

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 03:51:07 am »

I got mine to fullscreen. Go to the .exe and change properties to full screen. Create a shortcut and run it from there. Its worked for me and with other games that don't have a full screen option.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 03:58:57 pm »

I'm also unable to run LCS in fullscreen (anymore). I think the last time I ran it was when I had XP installed, but it's definitely much harder to play when your desktop is at 1900x1200.

Has anyone found a way to get around this? Even if I could just resize the window and have the text stretch would be a huge improvement.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 04:26:33 pm »

I can run fullscreen in XP, but it doesn't maintain the same ratio as it did in windowed mode (thus is kind of bugged) :/
Pages: [1] 2