Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3529689 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11760 on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:46 am »

I'm making my goblins into proper WHFB greenskins.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: February 03, 2010, 02:36:51 am »

It's probably impossible, but I would be really amused by a creature which breathed water and magma, and constantly generated obsidian blocks.  Especially a flying creature.  DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tetris.

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: February 03, 2010, 02:48:46 am »

Good to hear that the build-down fix appears to work, though it seems to only have received minor mention.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:04 am »

The four classic elements are plenty scientific. We just call them "States of matter" now, instead of elements.

well how they were viewed differed based on where you get your classical elements, heck toaist elements are earth, fire, water, wood, and metal.  often times a fith element is added the the four, aether, although the japanese added void instead, though this could be veiwed simply as the difference of perception of the element.

The four classic elements are plenty scientific. We just call them "States of matter" now, instead of elements.

In a sense I guess, yea. Earth=solid, air=gas, water=liquid, fire=plasma.

if you follow hinduist elemental thought then it would be Earth=solid, fire=gas, water=liquid, air=plasma.

In a sense I guess, yea. Earth=solid, air=gas, water=liquid, fire=plasma.
The whole black body radiation thing really messes up that last term.

But hey, people are all anti-science talk in this thread these days so I won't go into details.

i vote you speak, after all wasn't a challenge thrown down to get this thread's page count from 236 to 1000?  we need all the posts we can get.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: February 03, 2010, 03:53:35 am »

after all wasn't a challenge thrown down to get this thread's page count from 236 to 1000?  we need all the posts we can get.

236?

Whatever you're on, man, I want some.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: February 03, 2010, 03:56:45 am »

after all wasn't a challenge thrown down to get this thread's page count from 236 to 1000?  we need all the posts we can get.

As long as we're doing this:

well how they were viewed differed based on where you get your classical elements, heck toaist elements are earth, fire, water, wood, and metal.  often times a fith element is added the the four, aether, although the japanese added void instead, though this could be veiwed simply as the difference of perception of the element.

Daoist elements were actually from a larger five-element theory in Chinese philosophy that had more to do with progression of states and change over time than a description of the natural world. In other words it is irrelevant.

Also, considering the Greeks and Indians didn't know of plasma, I'm sure Fire really was meant to represent fire, or rather the energy released during oxidation.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

dwr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: February 03, 2010, 03:57:07 am »

236?

He's on max posts per page. Some of us prefer longer pages.

dwr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: February 03, 2010, 03:58:40 am »

Daoist elements were actually from a larger five-element theory in Chinese philosophy that had more to do with progression of states and change over time than a description of the natural world. In other words it is irrelevant.

Also, considering the Greeks and Indians didn't know of plasma, I'm sure Fire really was meant to represent fire, or rather the energy released during oxidation.

Yeah, I know that in a lot of modern magical practice, the element of fire represents energy in any form but mass.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: February 03, 2010, 04:02:39 am »

236?

He's on max posts per page. Some of us prefer longer pages.

Oh, right. Fair enough, I never knew you could do that.

*Runs off to get some max posts per page*
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: February 03, 2010, 07:05:45 am »

the moment i get the new version. i'm going to mod in skaven as an underground race.

hit me up with a copy when your done!  (also playable race!!!  warp stone.........my mind is boggled O_o "

Freeklace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:39 am »

In the first one, he broke through the rock and found he was in a huge pillar surrounded by an underground lake, so he dug out a shelf and a stairway down and then bridged over to some mushroom-farmable land on the other side.

Ok... The Underground IS a hell of a lot more interesting!
And also the blood filled pond makes me think about the vast amounts of additional fun we're gonna be able to play with...
Thank you Toady you are the best man!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59:19 am »

I am so jealous of Zach. Getting to have all the fun testing.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:25 am »

Sounds like there's lots of fun to be had underground indeed, can't wait for the new version to get done.  ;D
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:42 am »

Omg, I was about to post this EXACT message here, and I find someone has already done so.  XD

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: February 03, 2010, 08:02:27 am »

+1

man i can't wait :(
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1065