Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3529988 times)

herpderp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12630 on: February 15, 2010, 11:19:36 pm »

Something I had been thinking about... If I remember correctly one of the new features of the next version was skilled Dwarves teaching other Dwarves. In the example I read the skilled dwarf sat down to teach a few other dwarves the skill.
And ever since I read about there being a chief medical dwarf... I wondered if it would be possible to (either have this as default or something to mod in) have him only teach while walking - preferably down hallways :P

And have a team consisting of a human and two dwarves (one male, one female) who do all his dirty work while he runs around pissing off the other dwarves and generally being an ass?

Perhaps he should have a wounded right leg too.

"Needs opiates to get through the working day."

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: February 16, 2010, 12:13:51 am »

Something I had been thinking about... If I remember correctly one of the new features of the next version was skilled Dwarves teaching other Dwarves. In the example I read the skilled dwarf sat down to teach a few other dwarves the skill.
And ever since I read about there being a chief medical dwarf... I wondered if it would be possible to (either have this as default or something to mod in) have him only teach while walking - preferably down hallways :P

And have a team consisting of a human and two dwarves (one male, one female) who do all his dirty work while he runs around pissing off the other dwarves and generally being an ass?

Perhaps he should have a wounded right leg too.

Uhh, what show/movie is this referencing?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: February 16, 2010, 12:20:14 am »

Here's a hint.

Code: [Select]
   ^
 /   \
/_____\
|     |
|  _  |
|_|_|_|

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: February 16, 2010, 12:23:52 am »

DUURR I DUN KNOW DAT SHOW IS IT ABUT A DOCTOR?

kidding.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: February 16, 2010, 01:18:20 am »

Here's a hint.

Code: [Select]
   ^
 /   \
/_____\
|     |
|  _  |
|_|_|_|

oh god i lol'd
but that reminds me.
Toady, will we be able to designate specific surgery in the future, such as neutering or tail docking? perhaps even to ethics based operations such as stitching a POW's eyelids shut for fun and practice, even to the utter ridiculous:inserting adamantine plates under a dwarf's skin, and severing sensory nerves to make an unfeeling super soldier
...but that's plain stupid
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:19:39 am by Chronas »
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: February 16, 2010, 01:27:16 am »

Will it be possible in the next version to add a building that takes a craft item as a building material, so that otherwise useless artifacts can be displayed in a custom display case, or on a plinth or similar? If so, will it work similar to a statue, or a particularly fine building? And is there a way to determine which level of Building Destroyer is required to topple them?
Yeah, you can easily make a custom workshop that does this.  Just put this line somewhere near the bottom of the workshop raw:

[BUILD_ITEM:1:RING:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

Unfortunately I think you have to specify what kind of item you want to use, so you'll need to make a different building for each kind of item you want to display.

Since dwarves often admire well-made workshops, they'll admire the display case in the same way.  BUILDINGDESTROYER level is probably hardcoded, though.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: February 16, 2010, 04:59:26 am »

SmileyMan, are you talking about Discworld MUD?
It was an LpMUD variant, but it wasn't Discworld.  Probably some local thing that died a death years ago.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

DeathOfRats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: February 16, 2010, 06:10:25 am »

Discworld MUDders unite!

Here! Man, that brings back some memories.

I miss my pet cabbage  :(

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: February 16, 2010, 07:49:15 am »

I look forward to new and exciting ways ones can commit genocide on various freak-of-nature men as you colonize the underground. Although I have to wonder how far this effect will go.

Fluffy Wambler Men?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: February 16, 2010, 07:52:51 am »

A little bit of me died today. I no longer care when the update comes, or if it comes at all. I've spent 2 months being hyped up and checking in twice a day to ensure that the release hasn't come out, but I'm done. It's not so much the zen art of acceptance as the final bit of care slipping for a childhood friend.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: February 16, 2010, 08:27:06 am »

A little bit of me died today. I no longer care when the update comes, or if it comes at all. I've spent 2 months being hyped up and checking in twice a day to ensure that the release hasn't come out, but I'm done. It's not so much the zen art of acceptance as the final bit of care slipping for a childhood friend.

It's going to come out the day after you stop checking.
A sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: February 16, 2010, 08:30:06 am »

Oh how I wish :D Unfortunately the universe doesn't revolve around me, so even Sod's law doesn't apply here.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: February 16, 2010, 08:45:57 am »

Oh how I wish :D Unfortunately the universe doesn't revolve around me, so even Sod's law doesn't apply here.

You'll never know if it's true or not, because the only way to check if it updated is to actually look, which violates the premise that you've stopped looking. Ergo, you've made it into Schrödinger's Update.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:52:54 am by Rystic »
A sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry.

Phant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:28 am »

Only two months? Amateur

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:29 am »

Oh how I wish :D
Now, this bit, I don't understand. If you don't care about the next version, how can you wish for a swift release?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1065