Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3504804 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12765 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:55 pm »

I know it can't just be me. But, am I the only one that is passing the time until the release by looking through the new raws and figuring them out? I feel that learning to mod again is going to be one of the funnest things of the new version, specifically with material rewrites as well as poisons/gases reintroduced in a new way.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: February 17, 2010, 08:58:33 pm »

I know it can't just be me. But, am I the only one that is passing the time until the release by looking through the new raws and figuring them out?

Nah, I've already kinda implied I've been getting a head start on my mod a page or two ago.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: February 17, 2010, 09:01:06 pm »

I know it can't just be me. But, am I the only one that is passing the time until the release by looking through the new raws and figuring them out?

Nah, I've already kinda implied I've been getting a head start on my mod a page or two ago.

Yea true. I really want to finish my mod, but everything I do is a "this looks like it should be this way"

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »

Anyways, the wording implies some sort of gas bag creature, but if I get what you really mean, yea you're right, it could easily have been an air elemental type creature.

Or even conceivably a Spirit of Fire, or whatever's replaced them.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: February 17, 2010, 10:03:11 pm »

I believe it's a case of what's joining them, rather than replacing them.

Roxorius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:35 pm »

Anticipating the next dev phase, I'll try asking a few Qs about the upcoming combat arc:

How will the unit formations have tactical meaning, if creatures can move over top of each other and through each other's lines?

The Combat Arc isn't upcoming per se.  It's not one of the three areas that will receive attention after the release (sieges, adventurer skills, and top 10 ESV items), and it's not on dev_next either.

It's on dev_next as the active development arc. Sieges, formations, armies moving around on the map, etc. I suppose you would call it the army arc if you were an unscrupulous pedant.  :P

John Hopoate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: February 17, 2010, 11:45:03 pm »

Quote from: Toady's Devlog
Humans stopped using wood at some point in there and were paranoid about building their homes on top of cavern features far below the surface, so I helped them out there. The first food store I walked into was selling yummy firefly brains, so that still needs a little work.

Maybe they were Cantonese humans?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: February 17, 2010, 11:45:11 pm »

Can someone explain to me the concept of Arena Mode? I feel like it is something I might really really enjoy, but I don't really have any information on it. (I've been checking the devlogs fairly frequently for the past three months or so)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:09 pm »

Can someone explain to me the concept of Arena Mode? I feel like it is something I might really really enjoy, but I don't really have any information on it. (I've been checking the devlogs fairly frequently for the past three months or so)

Its a mode that allows you to put two creatures against one another.  this way, you can test out the creatures in your various mods. its accessed through the main menu.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: February 18, 2010, 12:33:03 am »

Actually, I think you can do more than just one on one. (Quite?) A few pages back, I think someone was talking about having armies face each other.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: February 18, 2010, 12:39:47 am »

Go to the devlog and look at November 10th entry. You'll find almost 20 pictures and descriptions of Arena Mode.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: February 18, 2010, 02:57:53 am »

It's on dev_next as the active development arc. Sieges, formations, armies moving around on the map, etc. I suppose you would call it the army arc if you were an unscrupulous pedant.  :P

Ah, gotcha.  I was confused because there's another arc that's actually called the Combat Arc.

In addition to what was said above (here's a link to that devlog entry), it should be made clear that arena mode isn't a full-fledged game mode.  Its primary purpose is testing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:00:59 am by Footkerchief »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: February 18, 2010, 08:25:59 am »

Footkerchief, is there a way to set the incidence rate of a caste?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: February 18, 2010, 09:02:45 am »

Footkerchief, is there a way to set the incidence rate of a caste?
Hey, I beat him to something today =D

Yes, you can. You can set frequency numbers to anything you like and you'll get the ratio of them showing up.
Ex. Males set to 9 and females set to 1 would result in 10% females. 90 and 10 would give the same result. 900 and 100, etc.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: February 18, 2010, 09:12:13 am »

Have we gotten any info about how joint locks work in the new version? I would assume that it just starts fracturing the structural tissues of the grappled limb, but I could be wrong. Also, what is the difference between a functional organ and a functional tissue?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1065