Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3527062 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12960 on: February 21, 2010, 10:15:34 pm »

I was just wondering, can ambushing be used in military outside of hunters. If not, will it ever? Will it be part of the soon coming feature that lets us send soldiers to attack other places?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: February 22, 2010, 12:09:45 am »

I was just wondering, can ambushing be used in military outside of hunters. If not, will it ever? Will it be part of the soon coming feature that lets us send soldiers to attack other places?

Bears do it, THeeeeivs do it,
even the **** *****ing ELVES do it!
Let's do it.
Let's Stealth Attaaack.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: February 22, 2010, 12:36:39 am »

Let's do it.
Let's Stealth Attaaack.

Not according to the raws, bears don't do stealth. Unless you modded them maybe.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: February 22, 2010, 12:45:21 am »

Let's do it.
Let's Stealth Attaaack.

Not according to the raws, bears don't do stealth. Unless you modded them maybe.

I checked, apparently those Cave Bears are indeed modded in. I hadn't realised.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:12 am »

You could make a non megabeast dragon creature and breed them. I know it's less epic but it's the only way (I think).
Perhaps make some sort of minor dragon? More like a really big, fire breathing lizard than an ENORMOUS fire breathing lizard?

Discworld swamp dragons!

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:55 am »

I have a sudden urge to play (and cheat at) a far less interesting game. Strange...
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: February 22, 2010, 01:07:38 am »

"We need to advertise WoW gold, what forums should we spam?"
" I know! The bay12games forums! They must play LOTS of WoW!"

But on topic: EDIT: Never mind i answered my own question.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:09:21 am by Genoraven »
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: February 22, 2010, 01:10:32 am »

"We need to advertise WoW gold, what forums should we spam?"
" I know! The bay12games forums! They must play LOTS of WoW!"

But on topic: When do you expect to have the next chunk of the DF talk up?

Yea, this WoW gold crap is stupid, I mean, seriously?...

Back on topic: He just finished this one not that long ago and we haven't gotten started on the topic vote yet. I would say after the release maybe? Its not all that far off.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: February 22, 2010, 01:51:40 am »

I had meant the missing part of #7. not the next one. Not that i don't want the next one, i could listen to toady talk about dwarves all day =P
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: February 22, 2010, 02:49:27 am »

Yes a roughtness tag would be rather nice. It also could have a scale.

Like this:

[rought:1]     - incredible smooth like spidersilk
[rought:20]    - the skin of a dolphin
[rought:100]   - A cats fur
[rought:500]   - a sharks hide
[rought:1000]  - a hedgehogs spikes

thought things like spikes could go under another system.
5000 - arrant porcupine
50000 - unicorn horn  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: February 22, 2010, 03:47:21 am »

Not sure if this was covered or not yet, but how will underground tunnels between the mountain civs interact with the new underground features?

This probably still applies:

Quote from: Mondark
Toady, will the new underground caverns affect the way goblins and dwarves build tunnels during worldgen?  In the current version, they'll build bridges over rivers or pits, do they still do this?

Also, will bottomless pits still look the same (giant cylindrical shafts,) or will they be more organically integrated with the new caverns?

Tunnels might be out for the time being until they play nice with layers.  The entire underground has changed in terms of pits/chasms/connections, though the square-by-square nature forced by time constraints + the tile map mean there are still squarish/roundish properties to some things.

Not sure if this has come up or not, but:

As it is, friendly units which are Sneaking (i.e. ambushing) appear the same as any other unit. Is there any chance sneaking units could be given a special status indicator (such as a dark green background, similar to brown for Prone or cyan for Airborne)? It'd make it easier to tell when Hunters are out doing their thing, and it'd be nice for Adventurer mode as well, especially when you reach such a high skill level that it doesn't slow you down anymore.

If you mean sometime in the future, then yeah, there'll be some kind of indicator eventually.  If you mean for this release, probably not, since there are hundreds of feature requests already:

There really are a lot of requests and miscellaneous items that have accumulated over the last more-than-a-year (hundreds of them), and I've just got to order these and decide what must go in and what's out this time.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: February 22, 2010, 06:30:13 am »

Okay, since the RSS feed is working with some readers and not others, I ran it through a validator, which made several recommendations for maximizing compatibility.

*follows link*

hmm... two errors...

one is fixed by changing the URL to be validated to include the server name 'www' so it matches line 4...
The other needs a tweak to the PHP code that generates the feed to use a different MIME type with something like this line:
Code: [Select]
header('Content-type: application/rss+xml');
*edit*

I assume it's generated with php, anyway, since the forum runs on php and despite the fact that all the content pages are served with .html as the extension...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:34:44 am by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: February 22, 2010, 07:40:50 am »

I had meant the missing part of #7. not the next one. Not that i don't want the next one, i could listen to toady talk about dwarves all day =P

It's up already.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12973 on: February 22, 2010, 08:56:18 am »

Some sort of "spiked skin" tag might be nice, and not only for sharks and rays--especially when you consider wrestling.

For that matter, lions and other felines have tongues that are like sandpaper. So maybe some kind of "rough" tag that could be applied to any type of flesh?
This made me think of dwarves picking up their cats by their tongue, then using them to smooth walls and planks. An amusing "feature" that might pop up when work-tools are diversified.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: February 22, 2010, 09:02:03 am »

Cat Fortress, Stonemasons smooth walls by licking them.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1065