Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3510144 times)

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12975 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:25 am »

Discworld swamp dragons!
[/quote]
Damn, having existentially unstable, four feet long chemical factories with permanent irritable bowel syndrome as pets would be epically FUN :P

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:23 am »

Discworld swamp dragons!
Damn, having existentially unstable, four feet long chemical factories with permanent irritable bowel syndrome as pets would be epically FUN :P
[/quote]

This inspired me to give my cats [FIREBREATH]--unfortunately they don't use it to hunt vermin.  :(
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: February 22, 2010, 10:36:58 am »

"Hey, there's a rat near that booze-pile!"  ::)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: February 22, 2010, 10:47:39 am »

Ohh what a good devlog update. Seems like the bugs are getting squished faster than I thought.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: February 22, 2010, 01:48:25 pm »

I found some old threads addressing this, but nevertheless:
Question: Will there be crimes like theft and (non event-/invader-caused) murder in future DF versions?

I hope. I hate setting aside 10+ copper chains to literally never be used. I have not once seen a crime be committed in any one fort of mine.

Got a Marksdwarf on the justice list for Murder as he killed a newly immigrated Jeweler during a tantrum.
If you get noble demands you can't fulfil your jail might get used. Same for exporting things which are forbidden for export by nobles (this can happen accidentally if you sell stuff to the merchants & the noble then makes the mandate, even though you sold the stuff before the mandate was made breaking of mandates isn't checked until the merchants leave the map with the stuff you sold them).
Not seen any other uses for justice other than those but that's probably due to how easy it is to keep your dwarves happy in the current version. Running a fortress for a few months with unhappy/miserable dwarves for a while might show other 'crimes' being commited.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: February 22, 2010, 02:40:50 pm »

very loosely relevant.

Ages ago we had a discussion on if skeletal birds can fly.  Suddenly I have a new question from the missing talk.  Can skeletal skunks spray?

---------
*Leans back to one side to keep the train upright and on the track*

Yay at the adventure mode bugs still being around not really mattering much!  I was worried for a bit when D17 came around and still had them that I wouldn't be able to play adventure mode in the new version.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Pathos

« Reply #12981 on: February 22, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

IS there any chance of a March release / early release to certain older members of the community? I'm sure we'd all love to bug test for you, Toady. :3

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: February 22, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »

very loosely relevant.

Ages ago we had a discussion on if skeletal birds can fly.  Suddenly I have a new question from the missing talk.  Can skeletal skunks spray?

If it were implemented as a material breath weapon, it'd still spray, since those aren't tied to a body part or tissue.  If it were implemented as a passive gas secretion, then it'd require the presence of the tissue specified by the secretion, which a skeletal creature might lack, depending on whether the tissue's material has the ROTS flag.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: February 22, 2010, 03:06:51 pm »

IS there any chance of a March release / early release to certain older members of the community? I'm sure we'd all love to bug test for you, Toady. :3
I wouldn't mind such a thing happening personally. But when you think about it, it could just be a whole big can of worms.

ie. What is the cutoff for older members of the community? Early 2007? Pre DF? 2008?  Is there also a minimum number of posts?  Would there be special cases?  What if somebody registered way way back when but only posted 30 times?  What if somebody registered in late 2009 but has tens of thousands of posts?  Should only relevant posts count?  What is the definition of relevant?  Would for example the first part of my last post be counted as relevant despite only holding on by a string?

As much as I crave getting my grubby hands of DF early it would probably be more hassle than it's worth.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: February 22, 2010, 03:14:31 pm »

And besides, one person uploads it somewhere and suddenly you have an awkward, buggy version that might as well be unplayable released to the public and Toady has to do a lot of needless work to clean up the shitstorm.

It happens a surprising amount.

Pathos

« Reply #12985 on: February 22, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »

I wouldn't mind such a thing happening personally. But when you think about it, it could just be a whole big can of worms.

ie. What is the cutoff for older members of the community? Early 2007? Pre DF? 2008?  Is there also a minimum number of posts?  Would there be special cases?  What if somebody registered way way back when but only posted 30 times?  What if somebody registered in late 2009 but has tens of thousands of posts?  Should only relevant posts count?  What is the definition of relevant?  Would for example the first part of my last post be counted as relevant despite only holding on by a string?

As much as I crave getting my grubby hands of DF early it would probably be more hassle than it's worth.

I think the cut off point should be September 30, 2007, 01:01:02 AM. For no reason, really. WINK WINK.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: February 22, 2010, 05:30:26 pm »

Have it give it to a very annoying person that likes to brag.

Pathos

« Reply #12987 on: February 22, 2010, 06:18:22 pm »

I have no idea what you just said. xD

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: February 22, 2010, 06:20:10 pm »

I have no idea what you just said. xD
Possible translation:

"Have him give it to someone who's very annoying and likes to brag."

I may not be correct.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: February 22, 2010, 07:47:24 pm »

Well i am more interested in the Skunk-spray effect and Material. I would say it would have to be a "Liquid spray" if dust can be liquid if the material has the right Temperature. The "skunk spray" could be a 2 component poison system:

The first component: "The spray" only lets any hit object create - over a given time - a "Stench"-cloud.

Said "Stench"-cloud is another poison that as only effects has the ability to make people nauseous and the ability to give bad thoughts / induce fear.

Talking about skunks reminds me somehow on (Attention: Animal-men ahead)  This comicstrip and begs the question if there will be skunk-man and this hilarous snakes that spray blood out of theyr eyes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:49:10 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1065