Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3530104 times)

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #1530 on: April 13, 2009, 03:59:40 pm »

Scamps fell asleep on my shoulder like a very tired parrot today
[/quote]

My kitten likes to ride on my shoulder too. I don't know why, but whenever she's acting up I just let her ride around on my shoulders and she calms down and starts purring like crazy.

My sister called her parrot kitty because whenever you hold her now she tries to scamper up onto your shoulders.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 13, 2009, 05:08:50 pm »

I'm hoping Toady adds Walkwater, so we can all that stone to walk themselves to stockpiles.

The Mysterious Moles
While biking in Cave County, Wendy and Marvin believe a tree and boulder have somehow moved, and spot odd tracks as if made by a giant chicken. They tell the Super Friends, and when Batman and Robin join to investigate find the tree and rock gone, and a woman in a nearby home (Mrs. Mole) says no tree or rock ever were there. Meanwhile, four buildings have had roof airconditioning units stolen. Col. Wilcox informs of a unit stolen from a government medical laboratory. Wendy and Marvin go back to the Mole house and find the house has a trucking company garage facade on the opposite side, and follow new tracks to a hole. The hole leads them into a cave, where they follow Minnie and Maximus Mole. The Moles are spelunkers and have found Bottomless Cave which has an underground world with a lagoon that causes rocks and trees to come alive. The Moles are using the lagoon's 'walkwater' to animate trees and rocks to steal airconditioning units so they can access a crater surrounded by huge diamonds. Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman investigate the Moles and find the kids and the underground world, while Superman guards a power plant's new roof cooling unit. The Moles cause a distraction and instead steal the plant's dynamo to power their cooling units. When the Moles try to escape in their drillmobile, after failing to stop the four heroes and kids underground, Superman - who has been tracking the dynamo theft - arrives to stop them.

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 14, 2009, 09:44:47 am »

Those caves are pretty damn big. I hope there will be a worldgen setting to adjust their size.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:02 am »

And the stories the dwarven moms will tell to their children. "If you ever shout in that cave, your echo will come and get you and drag you down to the depths..."
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:53 am »

^ What Inquisitor Saturn said.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 14, 2009, 10:03:25 am »

How would that be announced when you hit one? "You have tunneled into a pretty damn big cave".
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 14, 2009, 10:08:15 am »

How would that be announced when you hit one? "You have tunneled into a pretty damn big cave".

Something like that, I hope.

Also, your signature. Tough. Wait a second... Is DF re-enacting the bible? I mean, that sounds quite a lot like the end of Samson.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 14, 2009, 10:08:31 am »

It'd be cool if they sometimes gen with water and tower caps in them, maybe some benign local fauna. Just to add depth and desirability, however you'd have to fight the cave monst....err inhabitants.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 14, 2009, 10:09:44 am »

It'd be cool if they sometimes gen with water and tower caps in them, maybe some benign local fauna. Just to add depth and desirability, however you'd have to fight the cave monst....err inhabitants.

Or in evil swamp areas an nasty miasma could waft out when you breach it.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 14, 2009, 10:11:42 am »

Those caves are pretty damn big. I hope there will be a worldgen setting to adjust their size.

Quote from: dev log
10/15/2008: All right, sorting out the underground revisions... we'd like to get a framework in place that can recapture some of the better properties of the 2D version without conceding any ground. The general idea is to set up a few world gen params that will allow you to control the frequency and nature of underground features that you might encounter, especially as you mine in dwarf mode.  [...]

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 14, 2009, 10:17:54 am »

Goodness, can you imagine flooding that place with a nearby magma pipe?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:49 am »

Can you imagine it already being flooded, with magma or water?  Come to think of it, the interplay with aquifers would be interesting.  Maybe the current version avoids this issue by only placing caves above aquifers rather than inside them, but it would be cool to have huge half-flooded caverns.  I think the dev notes do make mention of that kind of thing.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 14, 2009, 10:56:45 am »

Why yes, yes I can.

I feel somewhat bad for the players that already get upset when they hit a vein of copper when carving out their fortresses. I sense many OCD tantrum spirals coming...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:13 am »

Wow. Just wow. :D
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:18 am »

Or in evil swamp areas an nasty miasma could waft out when you breach it.

Even cooler, you find Dwarves already inhabiting the cave, wondering who the hell you are. You'd get some lawyers and eminent domain their asses but it'd be a lengthy process, sending everyone into poverty due to lawyer fees.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1065