Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3529910 times)

Berserker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #8175 on: December 08, 2009, 07:18:55 am »

• Explore a few other (very minor) compat issues

I'm not very good at english, so does "compat" mean something, or is this just a typo?

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: December 08, 2009, 07:20:54 am »

I think it has been used as a shortened form of 'compatibility'

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #8177 on: December 08, 2009, 07:48:52 am »

Ah, yeah, there's a reason why I have lists like that, he he he.  That one is fixed for next time now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: December 08, 2009, 08:04:30 am »

Ah, yeah, there's a reason why I have lists like that, he he he.  That one is fixed for next time now.
Insta-fixed !

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: December 08, 2009, 08:48:21 am »

Green excites me, from now on.  :-X
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: December 08, 2009, 09:00:42 am »

There were ~1200 posts to go through this time (like a 1/7th of the whole thread!  postin' fiends!), so I missed things, no doubt.  Questions in spoilers are more likely to have been missed, as the green would be invisible unless I actually found and clicked them.  Not sure what to do about that, since the spoilers are appreciated.
You could have us green up a line outside of the quote indicating a green item in the quote?

Or rather we could just do that on our own maybe.

For obscuring things with smoke you could just have the lesser types toggle between tiles so we can see where they are but also through them.

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Divinebeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: December 08, 2009, 09:34:14 am »

Hang in there Toady.  You're almost done, and we're all excited.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: December 08, 2009, 09:37:01 am »

13 things to go!

getting more excited than a-lot-excited!
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: December 08, 2009, 09:54:23 am »

Thanks again Toady for answering our questions.

It still surprises me.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: December 08, 2009, 10:16:21 am »

Toady,
Since you're cleaning up the tanning issues, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an auto-clean fish option (as discussed here, and here), and/or an auto-render fat option as mentioned in the first link above and here?  If it's something that will take more than 5 minutes to implement or there's a reason for leaving those out, feel free to ignore this. :)
Looking forward to the update!
-Dame
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: December 08, 2009, 10:36:53 am »

Ah, the default level for saplings is 4 (and 7 for trees), and I didn't have a reason to make it something different.  I'm not sure what he wanted.

Thankee Toady that's what I was looking for, I was unaware there were default values being used.  I just figured since I never actually saw it in the raws that it wasn't being used.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: December 08, 2009, 10:37:05 am »

I could probably write a simple python program to extract/quote all lines in green from a certain date on if Toady wants. It would be much faster than just reading through the whole thread.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: December 08, 2009, 11:16:50 am »

I could probably write a simple python program to extract/quote all lines in green from a certain date on if Toady wants. It would be much faster than just reading through the whole thread.

And miss all the interesting discussion (which at times gets vaguely on topic, but thats the norm for this thread as it shifts around from topic to topic)? I dunno, but yea if he wants to read the stuff he can.
There were ~1200 posts to go through this time (like a 1/7th of the whole thread!  postin' fiends!), so I missed things, no doubt.  Questions in spoilers are more likely to have been missed, as the green would be invisible unless I actually found and clicked them.  Not sure what to do about that, since the spoilers are appreciated.
You could have us green up a line outside of the quote indicating a green item in the quote?

I've seen people write 'question in spoiler' and green that as well. I don't think there were very many (if any at all) spoilered questions this Q&A session this time around.

Ah, the default level for saplings is 4 (and 7 for trees), and I didn't have a reason to make it something different.  I'm not sure what he wanted.

Thankee Toady that's what I was looking for, I was unaware there were default values being used.  I just figured since I never actually saw it in the raws that it wasn't being used.

I use the same tag for TCs as well (spotted it mentioned in some thread relating to TCs in water) and it works I believe. Didn't add it to UG shrubs though.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: December 08, 2009, 11:22:46 am »

I was thinking we could include a made-up word in posts that contain a question. I suggest "smurg".

Edit (sorta): Urban Dictionary defines smurg as 'When 2 midgets fighting and one accidently gets electrocuted by a busted power cable..

The midget who survives gets to say "Smurg.." '

Sounds quite dwarfy to me.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: December 08, 2009, 11:25:25 am »

You know... if Dwarves had Electricity, Cables, or Dwarvenism
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1065