Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3529321 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #8250 on: December 09, 2009, 06:37:06 pm »

And I'd be surprised if Toady's custom workshops were unable to actually have output quality.

I wouldn't be.  Reactions only produce base-quality items in the current version, and I don't think he mentioned any updates to that aspect of reactions.  He did say that reactions can't do anything with reagent qualities, but didn't mention product qualities:

In general, qualities don't move from reagents to products, even in the hard-coded jobs.  There are special exceptions for thread and cloth, but that's still sort of an experimental thing, along the lines of a bucket handle being the only special decoration on any item.  In general, the hard-coded qualities haven't had any qualities to worry about (except for thread and cloth, which is why those were the experiments), so support for reagent quality modifiers isn't going in for reactions now as it's not a pressing matter.  I'm not sure what form it will eventually take.  It might depend on how item parts shake out.

(this could be simulated, but only in bad way- a reaction for butchering cats, one for elephants, etc.)

Even that workaround isn't possible.  Non-vermin creatures still can't be specified as a reagent.  Fortunately I doubt anyone would want to replace the new butcher's shop.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: December 09, 2009, 06:39:53 pm »

I mean the butcher aspect, not the slaughter aspect- can't you process corpses? I'm not that much a modder atm.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: December 09, 2009, 06:40:10 pm »

The other problem with butchering reactions is that they probably wouldn't take into account variations within the individual creature anyway, e.g. whether or not its head is still intact.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: December 09, 2009, 06:44:06 pm »

I mean the butcher aspect, not the slaughter aspect- can't you process corpses? I'm not that much a modder atm.

Oh, yeah, that should be possible.  I think a couple people managed "bloodsteel" mods for the current version, where you can make a special metal if you have corpses / body parts lying around.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: December 09, 2009, 07:14:11 pm »

I'm just posting here as a reminder for anyone who doesn't pay attention to the other threads around here often:

Move your Eternal Suggestion Votes!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/eternal_voting.php

Currently, there are 4 vote choices that are being removed soon. They have a substantial amount of 'wasted' votes currently.

(184)     [Resolved] Designate Safe Area
(95)       [Resolved] Automatic switching to sparring weapons
(50)      [Resolved] Stats Improvement
(9)     [Resolved] Training dummies

That's 338 votes that could be boosting other things up! (My personal choice: pottery & ceramics).

Now, aside from these 4 which are labeled [Resolved], there are others which I believe are solved this version:

(36)     Improved Quiver Filling
Dwarves picking up bolts repeat the task until they have at least 25 bolts in their quiver. Clearly room for further improvements to how bolts stack and how/when dwarves try to go get more of them, but the above would make already fired bolts (and bolts from small bone stacks) non-useless, while being simple(r) to implement.

I think this is covered exactly as it wanted--quivers are filled until they are full now.

41. (22)     Doctors/Hospitals
Suggester    Dwarves can appear/be assigned to doctor profession, which increases healing and allows Hospital workshops to be built. Doctors may be appearing nobles. Medicine allows prosthetic limbs, faster healing, happy thoughts, less dying.

I don't know about prosthetics, but rather than hospital workshops, there are hospital zones now, correct? I believe this suggestion is covered and irrelevant for now, unless the suggestion has good reason to offer hospital workshop over zone.

63. (10)     Workshop Raws
Suggester    Finish editing the game so that what happens in every workshop can be edited, not just the smelter.

I suppose it's not "finished", but perhaps some might want to move their votes now that custom workshops are available.

65. (9)     Improved fish processing.
Suggester    Automatic fish processing, like butchering, tanning and weaving. The lazy fisher-dwarfs should process their caught fish automatically if the job is enabled for them. Also, processing should separate and preserve bones for further use.

This is all in.

103. (4)     Balanced Range Weapons
Suggester    Crossbows that don't fire like machine guns, so I don't feel like any other weapon is a waste.

I do not remember if this was covered. If I'm wrong, ignore this yellow one.

That should be it. Let your mind be expressed through the mediums provided! Make sure you're not stuck shouting from the past.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: December 09, 2009, 07:27:25 pm »

Good point, sir.  Sadly, all my votes are for stuff not yet covered (Improved hauling, improved mechanics, and standing production orders).

BUT, I do remain hopeful!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
  • Whispers subterrene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: December 09, 2009, 07:36:27 pm »

I think "Owned Barracks" might be resolved also, but I'm not sure.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: December 09, 2009, 07:43:08 pm »

Puzzlemaker: Standing production orders may be able to be hacked in.

20. (59)     Rope Ladders
   Retractable 'stairways' that deploy from THE TOP. Would allow the digging of deep pits without leaving stairs, safer exploratory mining of features, use for future elf sites, and myriad other useful applications.
This is a maybe-not-yet.
71. (8)     Statue Descriptions
    As per BLOAT221 and BLOAT224

This is partly done- only getting described though.

• Bloat225, UNPREPARED FISH ROTTING, (Future): Unprepared fish should rot slowly in the foodpile, like unrendered fat.
I'd swear unprepared fish already rot in stockpiles. Is it the "slowly" that's not done?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 07:47:44 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: December 09, 2009, 08:26:49 pm »

I think "Owned Barracks" might be resolved also, but I'm not sure.

Good catch, I'm pretty sure it is.  This line of discussion would probably have worked better in the ESV thread, but oh well, the ball's already rolling.

These have also been handled:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These might be handled or otherwise considered done:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bloat225, UNPREPARED FISH ROTTING, (Future): Unprepared fish should rot slowly in the foodpile, like unrendered fat.
I'd swear unprepared fish already rot in stockpiles. Is it the "slowly" that's not done?

Probably the "slowly" part, yeah.  That might be fixed now that rotting has been updated.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:28:39 pm by Footkerchief »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: December 09, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »

I don't know why more people aren't voting for
136. (3) Improving the game
   Improving the game in all possible ways.

Toady One's notes: This suggestion is very broad

I mean, who doesn't want the game improved?

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: December 09, 2009, 08:58:12 pm »

There was a discussion about that a while back.

Toady's comment is the best part of that.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: December 09, 2009, 09:02:55 pm »

I don't know why more people aren't voting for
136. (3) Improving the game
   Improving the game in all possible ways.

Toady One's notes: This suggestion is very broad

I mean, who doesn't want the game improved?

I'm not sure I'm up for that. I may not be quite prepared for a better version yet.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: December 09, 2009, 09:11:44 pm »

I'm not sure I'm up for that. I may not be quite prepared for a better version yet.

You mean you're satisfied with an FPS counter that doesn't display decimal amounts? Your lack of vision is depressing.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:28 pm »

You mean you're satisfied with an FPS counter that doesn't display decimal amounts? Your lack of vision is depressing.

Well, I suppose with a couple years where I could test it optionally, I might eventually get the hang of adjusting to an FPS counter with the tenths place.

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: December 09, 2009, 09:42:40 pm »

I'm just posting here as a reminder for anyone who doesn't pay attention to the other threads around here often:

Move your Eternal Suggestion Votes!

The Eternal Suggestion list should just be flushed and started anew after the next release.  The game will change so much that even the priorities on suggestions that aren't directly resolved will be utterly changed.

For example the current #3, "Workshop material selection" will become far less urgent when Burrows can be used to hack up an equivalent.
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 1065