Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3528219 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12060 on: February 08, 2010, 05:22:44 am »

And Gingers arent just redheads. Redheads with Freckles are "Gingers". Redheads without freckles are called "Day-walker".

Hey, as a member of the red headed fraternity, I resent that. We prefer the term 'soulless abomination'.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0IVuGK7sAw
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: February 08, 2010, 05:56:01 am »

Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: February 08, 2010, 06:07:19 am »

Also; dwarves don't have foetal alcohol syndrome. Awesome!

Or they all do.  Would explain a lot, you know.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: February 08, 2010, 07:20:18 am »

So, with Forgotten Beasts being largely random, does this mean there's a chance that I'll encounter, say, creature that consists of thirty connected lungs with little feet, but that can't actually fight or doing anything besides look really wierd?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: February 08, 2010, 07:42:50 am »

stuff

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: February 08, 2010, 07:46:25 am »

stuff

one wonders if it will be possible to tamper with said templates...

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: February 08, 2010, 07:47:57 am »

stuff

Yeah! I want my lung-beasts, and I want them now =3
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: February 08, 2010, 07:55:13 am »

Yeah! I want my lung-beasts, and I want them now =3

Unfortunately they're hardcoded, at least for now.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: February 08, 2010, 08:19:16 am »

Hey if the Gobs can come to siege us they can after that serve as Labor-slaves - given that they survive.

And Gingers arent just redheads. Redheads with Freckles are "Gingers". Redheads without freckles are called "Day-walker".
Well ya but I'm doing black genetics here. If you're half, a quarter, or even an eighth black that still counts as black.
Well octaroon probably counts as white these days but I bet in the 1400s this stuff would well enough stand.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: February 08, 2010, 08:29:13 am »

Well ya but I'm doing black genetics here. If you're half, a quarter, or even an eighth black that still counts as black.
Well octaroon probably counts as white these days but I bet in the 1400s this stuff would well enough stand.

This is known as the One-Drop Rule and this is seriously not the place to discuss it.  I guess everyone's eager to get a head start on the dwarven eugenics flamewars.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #12070 on: February 08, 2010, 09:00:00 am »

Quote from: tfaal
I noticed that the fireman's [FIXED_TEMP] and the flame's [MAT_FIXED_TEMP] were contradictory. How does that work? Is [MAT_FIXED_TEMP] used for the material once it leaves the fireman's body, or something else? If it's the former, my dream of an exploding Hindenfish looks closer still!

If you look at the fire man raws, you'll see that the flame material template is used, and then the fixed temperature is overwritten to the correct value.  These post-template modifications are fairly common throughout.

Quote from: Noble Digger
Does there exist yet a way to "draw" with a particular type of building (constructions, doors, floodgates, etc) using a palette on the right panel to select which item you're going to draw with? Maybe even making a bit more use of the mouse to select things?

You might be able to do this with the macros in the 40d# version.  I haven't played around with them.  The mouse works on all of the new screens to select, press buttons and scroll lists, but I haven't expanded it for the old screens.

Quote from: diefortheswarm
3.  Will we have access to items that used to be inaccessible via trading like glass and sand?

That's one of those requests on the table.  Off the top of my head, flasks, waterskins, quivers and backpacks are now available.  I'd say sand and glass are very likely.  And sand and glass too, yeah, since I went ahead and put them in just now.  I'm not sure about other omissions.  I told somebody I'd do soap earlier on, so I'd like to do that as well.

Quote from: Reese
The new system allowing metal bolts to be used for training means that the melt rounding up to 1/10 and bolts not being destroyed bug can come together for easy splitting of metal bolt stacks.  Do you plan to address either of these at this time, or are they going to have to wait for the balance pass?

I'm not sure I understand this.  Is it about getting extra metal by melting down individual bolts?  I haven't done anything with that, in any case.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
Assyrian-style?

We took many of the actions from the writings of Ashurbanipal and other Assyrian kings.  I'm aware that the actions in question weren't restricted to Assyrians, if people think I'm singly them out unfairly.  The Assyrian kings were pretty thorough in their documentation though.

Quote from: Lord Shonus
Will corpses act as containers in this release, or will the dead still drop all their equipment?

They still drop everything.  The new corpse objects are more equipped to handle inventories and even retaining the exact relationships of the items and the corpse, but I didn't want to fuss over the haul jobs etc. interacting with that this time around.  It's mostly those secondary things that are holding it up now.

Quote from: Rainseeker
Can we assign ANYTHING, including non-weapons to be a weapon for our military?

Nah, it just lets you do weapon items, and it assumes armor items you add are for armor.  I guess it's not impossible to tell people to whip other people with trousers instead of wearing them, but your dwarves should probably question your judgement at that point.

Quote from: Greiger
Any new easter eggs around?  Like the scrolling too far left or right in 2D?  Or the Hit '?' too many times easter egg?   Just...ya know....so I know to start looking.

And related, did we find all of them so far in the current version?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head in the new version that is quite like the previous ones.  I think the most obscure ones in the current version were the quit and retire comments in adv mode.  I think somebody found those and I know I've mentioned them at least once before somewhere.

Quote from: valcon
By "grew attatched to his pants", did you mean physically or emotionally?  =)

He he, Zach was wondering about that for a second until he remembered the new mechanic.  It didn't help that the material was from a new creature that made it sound extra messed up.

Quote from: Heph
or does toady have a own tool for writing the new Raws?

Nah, just using a text editor.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
Since Philosopher is gone, could you reveal his arrival condition?

100 dwarves.

Quote from: Igfig
Is the "contents under pressure" behaviour hard-coded into guts, or is there a way to specify that a body part or tissue layer is under pressure?

If I've found all the code correctly, [GUTS] just controls nausea now and [UNDER_PRESSURE] handles the pressure part.  [UNDER_PRESSURE] is only on the guts though, so the distinction will only matter for mods at this point.  Any pop-out will currently cause the two '~' to follow you around, even if the modded part is small.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:34 am »

I want to work the Holmes story in, but can't find an angle.

3.  Will we have access to items that used to be inaccessible via trading like glass and sand?

That's one of those requests on the table.  Off the top of my head, flasks, waterskins, quivers and backpacks are now available.  I'd say sand and glass are very likely.  And sand and glass too, yeah, since I went ahead and put them in just now.
Huzzah!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: February 08, 2010, 09:25:46 am »

[UNDER_PRESSURE] is only on the guts though, so the distinction will only matter for mods at this point.  Any pop-out will currently cause the two '~' to follow you around, even if the modded part is small.

It should also cause you to be followed around by a rockin' bassline.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:57 am »

I want to work the Holmes story in, but can't find an angle.

That's one of those requests on the table.  Off the top of my head, flasks, waterskins, quivers and backpacks are now available.  I'd say sand and glass are very likely.  And sand and glass too, yeah, since I went ahead and put them in just now.
Huzzah!

*dances*

That will take *so* much of the pain out of site searching. The occasional requirement of raw glass for moods always compelled me to find a site with sand, now I'm freee

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: February 08, 2010, 09:42:06 am »

Huzzah!

HUZZAH!

This topped the lists for me for Functionality Urgently Needed. It's waaay up there in terms of stuff most anticipated in the new release. No longer shall I be restricted to sites with sand!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1065