Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3510235 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12690 on: February 17, 2010, 01:31:02 am »

Quote from: Toady One
People wrestling teeth
Wouldn't that more fall into the category of wrestling teeth people? (which, by the by, are possible next release.)
People-wrestling Teeth.

I'm gonna guess that means that Toady forgot to add a "too-small-to-wrestle" tag to teeth?

If so, said tag or consideration should be omitted for things like unicorn horns and boar tusks. Though I don't think the game acknowledges things like "the boar can't bite me if I am holding his tusks".
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: February 17, 2010, 01:51:54 am »

Quote from: Toady One
People wrestling teeth
Wouldn't that more fall into the category of wrestling teeth people? (which, by the by, are possible next release.)
People-wrestling Teeth.

I'm gonna guess that means that Toady forgot to add a "too-small-to-wrestle" tag to teeth?

If so, said tag or consideration should be omitted for things like unicorn horns and boar tusks. Though I don't think the game acknowledges things like "the boar can't bite me if I am holding his tusks".
Nope, probably not, though at least it may not be able to gore you until it breaks your hold. For that sort of control you'd really need a full-on skeletal model.

I bet we'll see somebody holding a boar's tusks with his hand/arm (whichever one is used for wrestling in the next version) and then getting their toes bitten off. I fully intend to make a set of evil dentures for fun in the arena.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: February 17, 2010, 01:56:08 am »

Because most players seem to see the vastly superior combat prospects of the crossbow as a bad thing.
Yeh but if bolts can be stopped by clothing, but not plate mail.....well that's not not realistic let alone dwarven. How much damage they being reduced by reduces by armor, sure. but not being stopped by a shirt.

Ranzear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: February 17, 2010, 02:02:47 am »

I think the issue at hand is not the welcoming of a non-realistic concept, but of fewer Champions dying to goblin mooks with peashooters.

Any bets on what the new horrible normal creature is gonna be? I'm betting Alligators are going to be the new fishermen's menace...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: February 17, 2010, 02:04:12 am »

I'm going for the long money and say that Kobolds will be buffed in such an unusual way that they'll inadvertantly be made into killing machines.

There is no basis for this speculation.

Ranzear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: February 17, 2010, 02:05:56 am »

Does make sense that alligators would suddenly be much tougher with all the tissue layers changes.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: February 17, 2010, 02:27:10 am »

I think the issue at hand is not the welcoming of a non-realistic concept, but of fewer Champions dying to goblin mooks with peashooters.

But this never happens. In my experiences, even a small group of champions should be able to break apart the largest of goblin sieges, even the 100+ ones. Archers only serve as minor annoyances for them. I think that legendary skills should be nerfed somewhat, particularly because they're pretty easily attainable, but turn someone into a one man army.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: February 17, 2010, 02:33:08 am »

But this never happens. In my experiences, even a small group of champions should be able to break apart the largest of goblin sieges, even the 100+ ones. Archers only serve as minor annoyances for them. I think that legendary skills should be nerfed somewhat, particularly because they're pretty easily attainable, but turn someone into a one man army.

That, or have goblin warriors actually able to attain legendary status themselves!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: February 17, 2010, 02:43:43 am »

I've had several champions killed by a hail of arrows. I don't do full cross training or anything but they've got high enough endurance I thought they would survive with the way people say legendary endurance + legendary shield user works for them.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Hondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: February 17, 2010, 03:04:28 am »

Any bets on what the new horrible normal creature is gonna be? I'm betting Alligators are going to be the new fishermen's menace...

Unicorns. That horn makes me worry, with the new combat/wounds system.

Honorable mention to gremlins whom I expect will be responsible for a lot of hilarious drownings/burnings/crushings.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: February 17, 2010, 03:26:27 am »

I've had several champions killed by a hail of arrows. I don't do full cross training or anything but they've got high enough endurance I thought they would survive with the way people say legendary endurance + legendary shield user works for them.
If I recall correctly, Morul was able to even dodge ballista shots. But, short of training wrestling to extreme levels, there is no way to avoid the deadly hail of bolts.

In the new version at least a master swordsman won't need to be a legendary wrestler to avoid having an arrow pierce his heart and both lungs at once.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: February 17, 2010, 04:41:04 am »

He'd have awful luck to get an arrow through the heart and both lungs anyway, in the new version. I don't get what's so important about wrestling though - I always thought it was the agility that mattered.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: February 17, 2010, 04:49:59 am »

Wrestling affects your dodge skill greater then what agility does.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: February 17, 2010, 06:08:05 am »

Creatures in general will NOT become as strong (at high skill levels) in the next version, since there will actually be attribute caps, though.

So guys like Morul basically won't exist.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: February 17, 2010, 06:44:28 am »

Creatures in general will NOT become as strong (at high skill levels) in the next version, since there will actually be attribute caps, though.

So guys like Morul basically won't exist.

For now, lets bask in his glory.

Stay Drawfy my friends.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1065