Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3510532 times)

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15915 on: March 31, 2010, 04:15:37 pm »

First thing I'm going to do in the new release is did a staircase straight down. I usually do this currently, but this will likely end the fort and release all manner of beasts upon the world.
i sure hope so. i can't wait to try that.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15916 on: March 31, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »

paypall is rejecting my credit card :\ gotta solve this till the release.

Quote from: Jackrabbit link=topic=30026.msg1121754#msg1121754date=1270069547
Go brutally murder an elf.
yeah, elficide will have to do

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15917 on: March 31, 2010, 04:18:12 pm »

Toady should set up Google Checkout.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15918 on: March 31, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »

The worst part about today is the fact that we're STILL not anywhere close to a week - Friday is the magic day here. And given Toady said "about", that could really mean any time between now and infinity.

Speaking of which...

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "An exe of Dwarf Fortress for a day's wages, and three bugfixed releases for a day's wages, and do not damage the Sunshine and the wine!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: March 31, 2010, 04:41:31 pm »

Didn't the lamb already open the second seal?

I think you're one of the testers and you are speaking in cryptic code, maybe :)

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: March 31, 2010, 04:43:55 pm »

a tester wouldn't throw out a prediction about release. and that was the third seal broken, of course the lamb already opened the second seal.

Spiders Everywhere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15921 on: March 31, 2010, 04:47:02 pm »

Right now all the creatures that have leather derive it from the LEATHER_TEMPLATE material template, with no customization.

Oh, whoa, I'd forgotten about that file. Are those properties only for creatures? That is, if you fiddled with the properties of magma in there I'm guessing it'd only affect magma men etc., not all magma in the world.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: March 31, 2010, 04:49:32 pm »

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "An exe of Dwarf Fortress for a day's wages, and three bugfixed releases for a day's wages, and do not damage the Sunshine and the wine!"

If I'm following this correctly we've seen Pride, Wrath and Greed so far?
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15923 on: March 31, 2010, 04:51:40 pm »

The expensive food signifies Famine, not Greed.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: March 31, 2010, 04:53:36 pm »

Actually, we've seen Pestilence, War and Famine. Death's up next. Pride, Wrath and Greed are from the seven deadly sins, not the four horsemen.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15925 on: March 31, 2010, 04:55:01 pm »

There are 7 seals, I figured the sins fit better than the horsemen.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #15926 on: March 31, 2010, 04:58:50 pm »

The Seven Seals signify apocalypse.  The first four are directly related to the appearance of the Four Horsemen. Traditionally, that would make these three Pestilence/Conquest, War, and Famine.  The fourth is Death.    I'm not sure if SirPenguin is going for all seven seals or just the four horsemen.  With the hope that release is nearly upon us, I'm guessing the latter.  Although I think this discussion came up a few (dozen) pages ago... :P

On a more release related note, I cannot wait for the new version...  I tend to build organic fortress following natural features and it sounds like there will be much more to work with in the next version!  Unfortunately, I'm flying out early tomorrow morning and won't be back for a week and a half.  So it goes... With any luck the first bug fix or three will be out when I get back.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: March 31, 2010, 05:12:35 pm »

I'm literally just going off of Wikipedia. I wouldn't think too hard about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: March 31, 2010, 05:13:46 pm »

On the subject of an organic fortresses, I imagine it would be relatively simple to make meat into a layer stone? Swap all tissues and stones, so that you must mine for food, and perhaps add veins of bone. (as a custom stone type, rather than the bones we currently have).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: March 31, 2010, 05:19:51 pm »

On the subject of an organic fortresses, I imagine it would be relatively simple to make meat into a layer stone? Swap all tissues and stones, so that you must mine for food, and perhaps add veins of bone. (as a custom stone type, rather than the bones we currently have).
That sounds quite interesting, but how would magma work in an organic fortress?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.