Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3529526 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3600 on: August 08, 2009, 04:06:44 pm »

The bar looks good.  Remember that red and purple also mean complete (sortof).

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: August 08, 2009, 04:38:51 pm »

For a point of reference, and to get people a little more excited (as if that were possible) I screenshotted the whole of the posted dev list and compiled it into a color-coded map of what we have left to wait for, so we can get a better visual feel for what's going on.

Okay, that is an awesome graphic.  Keep it up!  Now if Toady would just give us the rest of the dev list, we could append a whole chunk of green onto one end or the other.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: August 08, 2009, 05:35:36 pm »

For a point of reference, and to get people a little more excited (as if that were possible) I screenshotted the whole of the posted dev list and compiled it into a color-coded map of what we have left to wait for, so we can get a better visual feel for what's going on.

Okay, that is an awesome graphic.  Keep it up!  Now if Toady would just give us the rest of the dev list, we could append a whole chunk of green onto one end or the other.

Google cache currently holds a copy of the 6th of August "countdown". I admit that that's not much but it could be enough for a second bar if LordZorintrhox feels like doing it.

And before you say that's useless information you should consider that a second coloured bar made from this would give us, like, 100% additional information. Mathematicaly seen, that is.  ;D

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: August 08, 2009, 07:16:01 pm »

Hmm, this could be well used if sigged and regularly updated. Wait, can sigs contain images?
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: August 08, 2009, 07:21:04 pm »

Yes, but only people who allow image sigs can see them, I think.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: August 08, 2009, 09:13:11 pm »

Yes, but only people who allow image sigs can see them, I think.

And why would we care about the silly people who turn off sig images?  Sig it!
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: August 08, 2009, 09:32:53 pm »

It's turned off by default as I recently found out.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: August 08, 2009, 11:38:38 pm »

it'll now display a dwarf's birthday and his or her age in the description

Ooh, one of the key things I wanted in my "active" fortress.  I am thrilled.  Can't wait.

Still can't play, because I need to get a job first, but once I have tenure...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: August 09, 2009, 07:00:34 am »

Oh wow at the descriptions... seriously, that is a lot of detail. Also, it seems Olivine is extremely sexy in the new release...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: August 09, 2009, 07:08:10 am »

The descriptions of characters will lead to more bias than i expected, like not just favoring long bearded dwarves, but putting the fastest healers in combat or fishing, and focusing more on training the younger ones to get the most out of their lifetime.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: August 09, 2009, 07:16:47 am »

The descriptions of characters will lead to more bias than i expected, like not just favoring long bearded dwarves, but putting the fastest healers in combat or fishing, and focusing more on training the younger ones to get the most out of their lifetime.

But on other hand, these descriptions will make you much more familiar with the dwarves you are leading! They aren't just a mass of identical dwarves with different nametags!

No more will you mourn for loss of a squad of 5 elite soldiers, now you will mourn for the loss of the 5 prettiest dwarves in your fortress ;D

But, the waiting just gets harder and harder for me. It seems this upcoming update will transform this game pretty nicely!
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 09, 2009, 07:17:36 am »

Would be nice now if we could get the static stuff off in its own section so that the stuff that changes a lot could be checked at a glance.

Man community fortresses are going to have a field day with this.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 09, 2009, 07:41:25 am »

Oh wow at the descriptions... seriously, that is a lot of detail. Also, it seems Olivine is extremely sexy in the new release...

Yeah what's with that Olivine...

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: August 09, 2009, 07:59:19 am »

Yeah what's with that Olivine...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivine
Sparkly..shiny.... *stares ate the stone with empty eyes*

I guess the dwarves like green stuff!

Now that I think of it that's pretty scary isn't it. Elven propaganda?
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 09, 2009, 07:59:49 am »

I must say, the latest bit of the dev log is simply insane.

I added in a little under 500 phrases for various mixes of height/width/length/strength/fat (about 320 apply to dwarves and other humanoid shaped critters)
What??  Also, a lot of these apparently are going to effect gameplay and how useful they are.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1065