Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3530137 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11175 on: January 25, 2010, 02:04:15 pm »

I wouldn't bet on 40d17 coming out tomorrow; if it does, it'll be incomplete.

There is a fair bit of missing functionality in the input system (well, key rebinding and saving, plus macros), and additionally I haven't been able to do the various tweaks that will no doubt be necessary to handle edge cases such as very slow framerates.

Oh I see, then when should we likely expect this to be covered since Toady's drawing closer to finish line? Over the course of the next week or two I betting. I'm just asking cause I would like to see all the components come together. ^^;

Especially since you worked hard to improve things and the fact I tend to favor the png support so I can do graphics modding (thanks to the lack of MS paint since I use a Mac ^^;).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:10:46 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: January 25, 2010, 04:45:14 pm »

YESSSWEREONTHELASTSECTIONSQUEEEE!

I'm being very hopeful. Thank you, Toady.  :)

I wonder: When the new release comes out, will this obsolete the wiki? Will we have to embark on a new expedition of discovery (a la 2d)?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:37 pm »

YESSSWEREONTHELASTSECTIONSQUEEEE!

I'm being very hopeful. Thank you, Toady.  :)

I wonder: When the new release comes out, will this obsolete the wiki? Will we have to embark on a new expedition of discovery (a la 2d)?

Not sure. Seen people talking about archiving the wiki, so maybe. Plenty of pages will have to be rewritten, and new pages made.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: January 25, 2010, 04:56:30 pm »

obsolete the wiki?
Choose your words carefully.
It cannot be obsolete until it has been replaced.

Most of it will be outdated, yes, but that's nothing we can't fix.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: January 25, 2010, 05:15:53 pm »

Will it be possible to make the ITEMCORPSE tag multi-value, i.e. so that several items may be added, and one of them will be chosen at random at the creature's death?

I didn't see itemcorpses in the list of tags that are creature-level only, so I'm fairly certain you could use castes for that (which are chosen randomly and can be weighted). I've been planning on using castes for this sort of thing for the mod I'm going to release for DF2010.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: January 25, 2010, 05:17:21 pm »

So hey, the "Cat Bug" got greened out.  No mention in the devlog.  I wonder what exactly Toady changed.  I'd hope he did something more elegant than the slapdash "catmouth" bung, like giving creatures with no graspers the ability to hold things in their mouth or something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: January 25, 2010, 05:20:44 pm »

So hey, the "Cat Bug" got greened out.  No mention in the devlog.  I wonder what exactly Toady changed.  I'd hope he did something more elegant than the slapdash "catmouth" bung, like giving creatures with no graspers the ability to hold things in their mouth or something.

A page or three ago, he said he found he'd fixed it a while ago and forgot about it.

The cat bug was strange.  I looked and the relevant part of the code was already fixed, and I have no idea when I did that.  I remember I fixed it in the 40d# series, but I used a different more hackish fix there.  I must have just gotten tired of the announcements and then forgotten about it.  It's green now, anyway!

This seems to imply that during the 40d#s, he'd done something like the catmouth thing, but somewhere along the line he did a more better fix.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: January 25, 2010, 05:22:52 pm »

Yeah, sometime around when this thread became a dumping ground for relativistic theory and Gunpowder Weapons Argument #37, I kinda stopped paying attention.  I must have missed Toady's one little post about it.  Thanks for the catch.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: January 25, 2010, 06:12:20 pm »

obsolete the wiki?
Choose your words carefully.
It cannot be obsolete until it has been replaced.

Most of it will be outdated, yes, but that's nothing we can't fix.
I hope they archive the old stuff though, it would be nice to see it without seeing the old stuff without clicking history each time.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: January 25, 2010, 06:18:35 pm »

I hope they archive the old stuff though, it would be nice to see it without clicking history each time.

fix'd?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: January 25, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »

Yeah, sometime around when this thread became a dumping ground for relativistic theory and Gunpowder Weapons Argument #37, I kinda stopped paying attention.  I must have missed Toady's one little post about it.  Thanks for the catch.
You can skim through looking for his avatar, and other than that, just read what catches your eye. It tends to work pretty well for me.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: January 25, 2010, 06:26:04 pm »

We could always take all that crap, and the memes, out of this thread.

It grows by like 10 pages a day now.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: January 25, 2010, 06:29:38 pm »

That's why you check Toady's most recent posts through his profile every few days or so. All the most important content with no spam.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:16 pm »

Ninja'd.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:16:06 pm by tfaal »
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Jim94

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: January 25, 2010, 06:46:22 pm »

yay, no more cat bug!  ;D
I cant wait for this release
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1065