Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3511094 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11205 on: January 25, 2010, 11:10:38 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
I should have everything I need to get 40d17 up, so I'll be doing that tomorrow hopefully...

Now hold on a sec. Does this mean that you are going to release the new mostly-finished but undoubtedly bug-containing Dwarf Fortress tomorrow? Dear god, please tell me that wasn't just a grammatical ambiguity.

He probably meant he'll get to work merging 40d17 tomorrow.

Maybe.

40d17 means another release of the 40d# branch so that people can test the latest rendering/input code.  If that release works well, then he'll do the merge.

To be absolutely clear, it's NOT the big upcoming release.

King of the Internet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: January 25, 2010, 11:11:30 pm »

I should have everything I need to get 40d17 up, so I'll be doing that tomorrow hopefully...

Now hold on a sec. Does this mean that you are going to release the new mostly-finished but undoubtedly bug-containing Dwarf Fortress tomorrow? Dear god, please tell me that wasn't just a grammatical ambiguity.

He probably meant he'll get to work merging 40d17 tomorrow.

Maybe.

40d17 means another release of the 40d# branch so that people can test the latest rendering/input code.  If that release works well, then he'll do the merge.

To be absolutely clear, it's NOT the big upcoming release.

Aw, shucks. Thank you.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: January 25, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »

I get the feeling that the next big release will be within the next 12 days, since i awlays seem to miss new versions, and i'm about to go on a holiday.
Magma is overrated.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: January 25, 2010, 11:34:43 pm »

I get the feeling that the next big release will be within the next 12 days, since i awlays seem to miss new versions, and i'm about to go on a holiday.
But that's good, it means you'll also miss the bugs!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: January 25, 2010, 11:38:58 pm »

Considering the sort of bugs DF produces that is NOT a good thing.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: January 25, 2010, 11:49:17 pm »

He could always come back at the end of his holiday and download a pre-bugfix release, should he want to relive all the fun we've had in his absence.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: January 26, 2010, 12:00:24 am »

Yeah, sometime around when this thread became a dumping ground for relativistic theory and Gunpowder Weapons Argument #37, I kinda stopped paying attention.  I must have missed Toady's one little post about it.  Thanks for the catch.
That's why you check Toady's most recent posts through his profile every few days or so. All the most important content with no spam.

Exactly what I do.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: January 26, 2010, 02:29:21 am »

Attributes are currently random. I believe they won't be in the next version, rather skills will give more appropriate attribute gains. You wouldn't want your Champion raising his empathy skill, would you?
Why the hell not? Urist McCarest - Champion of Gutted Fish; A caring and empathic dwarf who cares more about everything else than himself.
AND WRASSLES EVERYTHING THAT ANGERS HIM

----
Speaking of 40d17, tommorow would entail actually right now, due to Toady's sleep schedule. So we'll get some news around like, 6am EST hopefully, maybe 9am or later. But doubtfully a release until late tuesday(forums)/wednesday(newsbox)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:31:00 am by Thndr »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: January 26, 2010, 02:48:26 am »

Speaking of 40d17, tommorow would entail actually right now, due to Toady's sleep schedule. So we'll get some news around like, 6am EST hopefully, maybe 9am or later. But doubtfully a release until late tuesday(forums)/wednesday(newsbox)

Well, that's subject for debate because the maker of the openGL features that let's Toady put them in stated this earlier...

I wouldn't bet on 40d17 coming out tomorrow; if it does, it'll be incomplete.

There is a fair bit of missing functionality in the input system (well, key rebinding and saving, plus macros), and additionally I haven't been able to do the various tweaks that will no doubt be necessary to handle edge cases such as very slow framerates.

It was said that 40d17 would be the final version according to Baughn but as he stated it's not quite complete so.... if it does end up being released, it may still have some complications since he hasn't completed the last few components. Which I guess would mean a 40d18 would be needed with all the finalizations. ^^;;; This is assuming though that Toady decides to release d17 though.

Only reason I'm concerned about this is because Baughn will have to keep up with the pace since the release is drawing close by. Because as we know...the d## components will be the last thing on Toady's to do list after he finishes everything else. And if everything isn't ready by the time of release... it could result in 1 of 3 cases...

1. The new DF being delayed slightly (assuming he's nearly done)
2. Redding out d## (doubtful that'll happen cause this is suppose to improve DF, so it'll be needed)
3. Yellow liming d## on the list (likely because it doesn't contain all the items thus "contains delayed items")
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:57:40 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: January 26, 2010, 02:58:11 am »

I was just saying that no release tomorrow unless it takes only a day an a half to get done, in which would be on forums then in news Wednesday. But that's a optimistic viewpoint of it based upon the news Toady gave us barring any problems. (Basically just stating that the timeline for Toady, tomorrow in the newsbox of Monday actually means Monday Night)

With the news from the forums that even 40d17 itself is incomplete-ish, then hopefully it won't take more than a week, if that, to clear things up. (But the time for a release won't be until at least Tuesday evening, at minimum, unless things clear up way fast tonight)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: January 26, 2010, 03:04:21 am »

2. Redding out d## (doubtful that'll happen cause this is suppose to improve DF, so it'll be needed)
Delaying merge to another release's not out of the question in terms of feasibility. Another option is to continue running the branch in parallel until things get sufficiently ironed out- though once new release hits, it'd be a2...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: January 26, 2010, 03:31:50 am »

I'm getting SO curious to play this, now that it's almost finished.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: January 26, 2010, 06:39:27 am »

Wooo... finalize finalize!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: January 26, 2010, 06:53:46 am »

So the new version is just around the bend, ey? Been waiting for this for like a year now, but it will totally be worth it! Shit I'm so excited....

Hmmm....I've been wondering for a while how things like adrenaline will be handled. If it's just in the reqs or something then just point me in that direction, but I wonder how it will all pan out.
Will it just raise the stats temporarily, or will it work the same way as, say, how rage or trance works now ? ( I don't fully know how that works either.)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11219 on: January 26, 2010, 07:12:33 am »

Broken in two this time, because of the character limit.  I only found stuff in green pretty much, and I didn't include things that I felt were addressed by other people.  I probably missed stuff too, especially in spoiler tags.

Quote from: Eiba
What do you mean by "among the limited options"?
Quote from: Footkerchief
I think that means the available parameters in the new custom workshop raws.  Here are the others that were mentioned: "The workshop was set to require any "building material" for its construction, which is a flag you can put on building/reaction items now (much like many of the standard workshops' construction requirements). You can also do the fire/magma-safe flags, rule out economic stones, allow artifacts and set custom workshops to be magma-fueled. You can allow any number of labor settings to construct the building, or leave it blank to allow anybody to make it."

In the dev log, I was just talking about the limited number of building types (kitchen, tanner, kiln, smelter, custom).

The function that calculates straight-line distance for job items ignores z-levels.  Here are a couple reports that include simple ways to reproduce the problem: one, two, three.  It should be a quintessential one-minute fix, but I know how that goes.

I've never been able to reproduce this.  I just dug a tunnel out below a depot and the stone all reported at the correct distances including the z levels, and the code in 40d is the same.  It didn't say zero for the stone directly below the depot.  The workshop job code all uses 3D staight line distances, which are bad compared to the path distance, but it doesn't return zero for Z coordinates.

Quote from: Protactinium
What does the unification of plant and tree raws entail? Is there anything new that modders can do with trees and plants because of this?

Trees are still pretty uninteresting (you still just cut them down), so nothing yet, but it'll allow a lot as we go along.  You have the materials to mess with now, and there are some applications there, but quality flowers and fruit trees would still be relegated to weird reactions as things stand.

Quote from: NewoTigra
Regarding dwarves' current dislike of certain vermin, will they eventually take measures to get rid of any vermin they see? If so, will this also have correlations with thoughts:
i.e. 'Urist McEukaryota was disgusted by a horrid creature lately', but 'Urist McEukaryota is happy to have squished said disgusting vermin recently'.

He he he, I haven't thought about that kind of justice at all.

Quote from: RantingRodent
Is it possible to get a list of the new undergrounds creatures so that graphics packs can get an early start on creating sprites for them?

Nah...  something needs to be kept back for people.  Of course, people can just break out the raws once they download it and enable the arena and spoil everything for everybody.  I don't know.

Quote from: Untelligent
If a weapon is made out of a contact-poison material, will it poison struck opponents?

There are a whole bunch of contact-poison effects that just aren't used.  It should look at the ground vs bare ground contacts, wrestling, inventory items, etc., but I'm just not caught up with the ramifications there.  Right now it needs a contaminant.  There needs to be more of notion of time-of-exposure when the more ephemeral contacts become involved.

Quote from: Siru
Will we eventually see volcanic eruptions and their after-effects in worldgen?

I'd like to have those.  It's kind of a terrible thing, both for the fortress and potentially the processor, but it would be entertaining.  Right now I'd just need to adjust the refill z to get local effects going (as some people have seen in bugs), but I guess I'd want to do it better than that in some spectacular instances.

Quote from: Neonivek
Toady will the technology from the underground animalmen always be rather static? can they, lets say, defeat a Dwarf Fortress and have a chance to incorperate their technology?

It would be cool to mess around with stuff like that.  It fits in with the various knowledge discussions we've had.

Quote from: Neonivek
Is there a plan for Civilisations to "accidently" discover underground sites either in their own forts/roads or will it be as it always is and only the player can find them?

There are a lot of things like that (artifacts, nobles moving around, etc).  I'm all for the other places do stuff especially because it allows adventurers as well as your fortresses interacting with a more interesting world, but of course the player's interaction is more of a priority for things (except when it's way easier the other way around, like demon takeovers in world gen).

Quote from: smjjames
Does this also mean that it won't be possible or at least much harder to completely extinct wildlife/fish stocks anymore? I'm sure we can severely deplete it or make it 'locally extinct', but they will repopulate with time?

This is one of those dev next things.  I haven't done a lot with repopulation of wilderness populations.

Quote from: skaltum
will river flooding ever come back? e.g cave river and magma river flooding in the 2D version

and

will adv mode zombie ruins return?

I liked the river flooding, but it is a flow problem.

Zombie ruins are fun, I just need them to come up for some reason.  Which isn't so hard.  But I haven't done it yet.  There's a core item for it if I remember.

Quote from: smjjames
Is there any indication of this bug: "001082 ? [dwarf mode][pets]   (Report) tamed feature creatures can become hostile even without having previously attacked dwarves" bieng fixed in the new release? I just got this one with my tamed GCS while I was trying to figure out how to make my silk farm work. I would have reported it, but we are so close to the new release that it wouldn't make a difference. Besides, the 'features' are bieng completely redone.

I'm sure there are some great things in the new version that we could tame which we would hate to have be hit by that bug.

I think my GCS may have gone hostile from killing goblins, which woke up the beast in it.
My guess is that it's been fixed by the underground rewrite, but hey, confirmation wouldn't hurt.

I think that one was in the request list.  I haven't had any tamed creatures around in forts long enough to test it inadvertently at this point.

Quote from: Qloos
What part of your code for the upcoming release are you most proud of?

I'm no good at these sorts of questions...  I'm not really proud of any of my code though.

Quote from: Manifold1
If a dwarf (or any creature) has no teeth and no limbs, will the creature try to gum the enemy to death?
Interesting question.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't come up before.  My guess is no, since there would be no body parts left for the bite attack to use, and no "gum" body part to use instead

Yeah, it wouldn't be able to improvise an attack from the whole mouth if it is specified by the teeth.  Probably something that needs to be addressed at some point, especially if toothlessness ends up being common.

Quote from: Dae
Toady, have you thought considering tantruming or berserk Dwarves vs Burrows ? It would be quite weird to see someone enraged choosing to throw an item located halfway through the map, ignoring nearer ones because "these aren't in my district".
Even though our Dwarves are quite dedicated.

Tantrumers just throw crap they are standing on, but I think as it stands, they might still care about them in their broader wanderings.  Berserk ones won't care.

Quote from: jarathor
Will immigrants still be completely random, or will they draw their appearance genes from the genepool available to your civilization?

While they are still generated, they are random.  Once they come from hist figs and/or fake populations, it'll be better.  The fake populations now exist (for underground animal people civs), and of course the hist figs have been languishing for a while.  The pieces will probably advance before improved sieges, but I don't know when specific mechanics are coming.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
Since you're now handling the tree/plant use for entities, could you look into a problem with the [BARRED]-only armor items? Specifically, gloves and boots seem to be susceptible to the problem. They're supposed to be made from bone, but end up being made from cloth. I don't know how the whole material rewrite thing has affected it, but can you check?

Yeah, I have no idea what's happening there now.  I can note it down, but I can't promise anything.

Quote from: JoshuaFH
Would the selection of 'war' animals be larger or even open-ended? If so, would the process of training animals be more complex than rubbing them against the training workshop for a while?

Clearly there's a lot to be done there, even historically, and there are all sorts of non-historical beasts around in DF.  You'll have more beasts available for training, anyway, but it's still silly.

Quote from: Warlord255
Can poisons have beneficial effects, such as attribute boosts, as they are now, such as by putting a negative value on a stat penalty? If not, will they in the future?
Would it be possible to create a poison that would induce berserk rage, melancholy, raving madness, etc?

There's nothing right now, but it's just a matter of adding things in.  Before I go too nuts with it, it probably needs to be considered along with the future diseases and curses and farther future magic stuff.  The more all of that is coming from the same place, the happier everything is.

Quote from: Stormrage
Will the tall dwarves be able to equip human-sized equipment in the upcoming version? Or is it eons away?

I think it's a little farther away -- the flipside is having to size clothing for different dwarves, and that is a nightmare.  Of course, you could go one way and not the other, but that starts to get kind of ugly itself.

Quote from: Untelligent
Will both immigrants and the labor menu adhere to what professions an entity is allowed to have?

Yeah.

Quote from: Sysice
Can we get a more precise description of the animal camps?

They really don't have much to them.  I just wanted to get those critters to appear outside of entity invasions (that is, in adventure mode at all).  There are some scattered items.  I was going to do shelters, but a few problems sprang up, one of them being what they are sheltering from, since it isn't the lack of weather or uniform temperature.  I don't have ethics for privacy or whatever intricate crap might be involved.

Quote from: Areyar
Will the hydratest-ability to survive otherwise mortal wounds be a characteristic of all creatures with a [regenerates] tag?

What I am angling for is a glimpse of the overarching plan of implementation in future releases.
As you correctly pointed out, regen is not going to be implemented in the current release, yet it could be pre-emptively (?) in the RAWs as an inactive tag for future work to interact with.
One side-effect of regeneration could be the effect of the hydra-test.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what's being addressed here.  Whatever the hydras do, I'd like it to be in terms of current tags.  If they completely fail to survive having one head hacked off no matter what I do (short of getting rid of their blood entirely), I might have to throw something in, but jumping into regeneration would be premature.  Later on, it would be cool if severed parts can grow back however and so on.

I haven't updated race-glosses yet, and I'm not sure if I will yet (it's in the countdown but isn't a top priority).  That was always sort of a strange hack to get an extra descriptor out in front of the creature (it was used originally for animated trees which aren't even used in the game anymore -- the elven druids used to cast spells on the forest outside the 2D cliff).
Quote from: dev_now
12/05/2008: [...] I also gutted the RACEGLOSS system from the raws. I'm not sure I'll replace it this time around -- that would probably involve a few short-cuts that would allow you to automatically generate creature morphs from a material/plant list with proper material replacements for each one.

Did racegloss end up getting updated?

Unless you count variations, which might make it pretty fast to slap a given list of materials and make new castes for them, then we don't have anything new there.  Nothing automated for a growing list of plant/metals/etc.

The current version's entity defs have a PERMITTED_JOB tag, but it's unclear whether the next version will allow you to use that on a caste-specific basis, like PERMITTED_JOB:MINER:FEMALE and PERMITTED_JOB:CARPENTER:ALL. 

There's nothing like that at this point.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Will the fishing mechanic still only allow dwarves to catch "vermin" type fish, or will they now be able to catch fish with distinct body plans?

If the fortress-playable race includes castes which are wildly different sizes, will the player still be able to make appropriately sized clothing for all of them?  Or is clothing universalized or some other temporary solution?

All fish have distinct body plans now, but dwarves still only catch the vermin ones.  The clothing is done via temporary solution.

Quote from: alfie275
Would caste sets, suggested in -> this <- thread, be a trivial or a hard thing to put in?

It really depends on the effects and so on.  You have to get everything else to see them to the extent that that matters.  There are already classes you can put castes in which are seen by things like venom.

Quote from: SirPenguin
What type of changes to Legends mode (and world generation in general)  can we expect?

I know we're bound to see a lot of indirect changes due to the body part overhaul (such as megabeasts living longer) as well as some direct changes like forgotten beast impersonations and the like. My question more has to do with the results of these changes...are you noticing a more variety in worlds than before? Perhaps more rejections? Any other interesting stories you haven't shared with the devlog?

I haven't been poking around with it very much.  Mostly I've been noticing things like a bronze colossus dying of old age and weird crap like that.  If you don't count megabeasts sticking around, I don't think we'll have a lot more variety just yet.  The same pieces are pretty much in place there.  Temperature works now in non-large worlds, so hunted beasts are more varied than the usual cougars and alligators I think were showing up in world gen way too much.

Quote from: eduren
Related: Is there ever going to be a notion of radioactivity? It doesn't have to be for the purposes of reaction, rather heat and biological effects. Along the same line, when are we going to see lead poisoning?

I don't have a big problem whatever would happened to people that hang out in uranium mines and drinking out of uranium goblets or something.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Something I thought of while looking through Legends mode.  I know in the upcoming version, the age-levels of a caste can be marked as ADULT, to signify when they can start having children.  Is it possible to put a time limit on that?  Or have the caste progress to another age-level that's not adult after being an adult?  Because outside of the famous dwarven propensity of giant families, I notice a lot of human ruling families who go on plunking out kids until one of them drops dead at 117.  On top of being unsettling, it's obviously unrealistic.

Nah, there's nothing interesting there right now.  I guess we've got gray hair and wrinkles and gradual sizes now, but we still need a lot of work at either end.

I heard there the material properties will be included in more detail in the next release... well, will the structural integrity of buildings and things be included? Like, say, if I were to build a 100-story tower of soap, would the weight of the tower eventually put so much pressure on the foundation that it would collapse?

Nothing yet.

Quote from: jpwrunyan
I don't think the gunpowder in/out should be such an issue.  Why not just have certain technology available in certain ages?  Like the bronze age, iron age, steel age, and then gun-powder age corresponding to the age of myth, legends, heroes, etc?  Then instead of clunking about with the init file, you just set what year world-gen should stop running at.  Furthermore, this could be bloated into a Civilization-style research feature.  The alchemist workshop could be used to research new technology in-game if the player has the right stuff available.  In adventure mode you could play a mad scientist alchemist who discovers how to make steel (since the dwarves will never share their secret with humans!) and from that point forward the civilization has access to steel.

Anyway, I've always wanted to suggest this because I thought it might be cool to play a game where your dwarves only know how to use copper weapons.  Just for kicks.

I'm sure someone has suggested this before, so my question is just basically "why not?"

Using techonology ages still puts things where a lot of people don't want them.  I think init/world params are the only way to go.  Sometimes you should have an end of the world event rather than tech progression to a mundane age.

Quote from: Heph
Atually would it be possible to not just get a corpse item for a entire creature but for a bodypart/organ? Like you smash a Collusus and then you get a number of masterwork mechanics mechanisms out of it or a Karfunkel instead of a dragons heart etc.

It's certainly closer now, but we aren't there yet.  It'll probably mix with broken statues somehow when we have that sort of thing.

Hey, you know how it's possible to engrave floors? Well, what if I don't LIKE whatever material the floor is? As it stands, I can place artificial floors down with other materials, but not artificial engravings ontop of the natural floors! Will this change in the future? I want my entire fortress to adhere to ONE color scheme!

can I engrave those constructed floors in the future?

I always thought of engraving lots of blocks as sort of weird, at least for a large engraving.  You'll probably be allowed to place larger engraved panels later.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
Toady, how often do you back up your work?

Most days.  The forum is a little more sporadic, and it has gotten huge, which will need some kind of handling at some point.

Quote from: tfaal
will adventurers be able to construct custom workshops in the near future?

I'm not sure how adventurer skills will work.  I think adventurers might do things that are more particular than use workshops, but that leaves custom designed jobs in a kind of fix in adventure mode.  There might need to be adventure mode definitions for what's going on there.

Quote from: Mephansteras
Are we going to be seeing an option to dump the legends data out to a text file of some sort (xml, raw text, whatever) this release? Or is that for a later release?

I have a request for that written down in the request section.  I still don't know what's in or out there, and we probably won't know until it's done.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
Can bodyparts stick in their target when used to attack?

Nope.  It's not an intractible problem since it could easily be a kind of wrestling interaction, but nothing there yet.  Things like horns would be good candidates to start, before going to the sillier stuff.

Quote from: Taritus
Toady, will there be the option to export the new detailed combat logs?

You mean for a specific log?  There's nothing like that at this point.  Just the game log text file with all the announcement texts.

Quote from: lordcooper
Would goblins/elves attack underground animal people?

I think they might ignore each other because there entities won't be at war, but it's possible the camp critters might fight outsiders if the civ peace doesn't win out.  Invaders will probably ignore each other.

Quote from: Huesoo
Will you be able to make weapons out of teeth and/or bone. Like if I kill a dragon size 40 I suspect I will be able to make a sword or spear out of it.

The butcher can drop large teeth for use in crafts now -- for weapons it's just a matter of having a shop that makes weapons out of those things.  You'd have to custom make that I think, unless you can still make bone projectiles.  I don't think there are any shops that make teeth weapons.  Tags will probably need to be changed around at some point.  For speed's sake, I've still got various "ITEMS_*" things, but that should probably all be scrapped.

Quote from: Manifold1
After reading the latest devlog entry (01/12/2010), I was interested in the gremlins and other curiousbeasts. Would those curiousbeasts automatically know upon entering the site that there is a dog in a cage over there? Or would they first have to scout around? I think that it is more realistic if they have to walk around first. Maybe they could use scent or something, as well.

They currently know everything to keep things interesting for you.  Exploration type code will take a bit of fussing.  Once siegers get good enough to break a straightforward non-weird fort, starting some exploration stuff with their AI would probably be fine, at which point I can pass it around.  I was thinking of giving some to the HFS now, but that would just be to alleviate pathing issues from omniscient spirits of fire killing the processor in twisty forts.

Quote from: SimRobert2001
With the update of animals flesh and body structure, will hunters be more cautious about what they hunt?

You mean, in terms of hunting something that isn't even butcherable?  Or general safety issues?  They just check the butcherable tag for the caste, the intelligence vs ethics and the undead status, once they've got a wilderness creature.  It's still up to the creature creator to set that.  We haven't done enough with eating and nutrition to really get into it.  They are still ignorant of safety issues, though whatever I said about responsibility with ammunition applies.  I don't recall immediately.

Quote from: UseBees
what is going to happen in regards to flammability? will there be more things that are flammable/explosive? would an underground coal fire burning for years and years and years be possible? what about forest fires? will we be a token for flammable/explosive?

Walls aren't flammable yet, so you can't set a flammable vein on fire.  There are already forest fires though they are local and I don't remember if they are ultra buggy now or what.  There are material tokens for the ignition point...  I guess there should be additional tokens there too.  Flows don't blow up yet.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1065