Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: my first dwarf dream!  (Read 17891 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: my first dwarf dream!
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 06:00:03 pm »

It's not supposed to look good!  It's just something I doodled in class once!  >:(
And then transferred to MSpaint.

How is that an excuse? It doesn't look good. Period. No matter how it's designed to look.
That's what I said!  It's not supposed to look good.  That's the point.  It's based off a doodle.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36:47 pm »

You better step off gringo *Mulch flips open a switchblade* me and my essay ganna mess you up. I'll cut you so bad you wish I didnt cut you so bad.
Let me intruduce you to Proffesor Badass.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And so it begins, the final standoff between a dancing cat, Proffesor Badass, and a hunk of cheese... The final stand agai-OW MY LEG! Damn cat...
Curse and confound that motivational poster! It cuts off the best part of the image: the shoes!

I always pictured a Professor Badass as...well...Gordon Freeman.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

LogicalDash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 03:10:35 am »

I dreamed that the z-axis was no longer restricted to 32 layers (or whatev). So I happened upon a bottomless pit and decided to zoom all the way to the center of the planet. It was really bright.

I remember hitting K to see what the planet's core was made out of, but I don't remember what it was called. It was represented by a buncha X'es.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:22 am »

I had a dream once that I was a pirate who was sailing in this ocean that was made up of this autistic woman's collective unconsciousness, and somehow the woman (her inner self, or something) showed up on the boat/submarine (it was a boat that could go underwater, and it was actually much wider on the bottom than on the top, for some reason), through this weird pitch-black hole in the bottom of the boat/submarine (and yet it didn't leak).

Anyway, there were these 13 moons in the dream, hanging equi-distantly from each other, in a circle, above the ocean (it was always night there, and the 13 moons were always full), and we were sailing towards this one moon that was actually an enormous silver coin with another woman's picture on the face of it.

Which is why I ended up suggesting that the DF universe have 13 moons in it.

Turns out I was actually dead, in the dream (so was my crew), and she was dying--the autistic dream woman, who wasn't autistic in the dream ocean world--and the ocean was actually the afterlife. Except ofcourse, it was really just a dream.

Other than that, it was a really good dream. At one point, I was involved in a swordfight. I'm not sure with who (possibly a French mime), but I won.

I think the coin-moon may have represented the autistic woman's reintegration with her inner self, and the hole in the bottom of the boat might have represented reincarnation, since I remember my crew kept showing up by climbing out of the hole, and I wanted to jump into the hole at one point, with the woman.

Also, the ocean was made of wine, instead of water.
For they would be your masters.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 08:04:00 am »

A French mime?  How did you beat it without getting stabbed?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 03:12:51 pm »

Don't know. I don't remember everything about the dream, detail-wise.
For they would be your masters.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 05:57:43 pm »

You better step off gringo *Mulch flips open a switchblade* me and my essay ganna mess you up. I'll cut you so bad you wish I didnt cut you so bad.
Let me intruduce you to Proffesor Badass.
And so it begins, the final standoff between a dancing cat, Proffesor Badass, and a hunk of cheese... The final stand agai-OW MY LEG! Damn cat...
Curse and confound that motivational poster! It cuts off the best part of the image: the shoes!
I always pictured a Professor Badass as...well...Gordon Freeman.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:38 pm »

I used to play that game.  Then the crowd at the Books a Million that hosted the two hour gatherings every Saturday starting getting a little . . . disreputable.  So I quit.  I still have all my cards, though.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]