Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Libash Tobat - "The Axe of Authority" - Corrupt Intentions. (community fort)  (Read 22136 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Crispin and Omnidum are the only warriors that don't have legendary combat skills yet.  Gaius has already reached champion status in wrestling.  Sheena's only non-legendary combat skill (other than those for weapons she doesn't have) is armor use.

As far as civilians go, Barbarossa is a legendary glassmaker, Flint is still a novice stonecrafter (that industry hasn't gotten off the ground yet), Tenth's highest skill is weaponsmithing at "skilled" level, and Soapy Mighty, Unbelievably Agile, and Unbelievably Tough, I think.  Have I forgotten anyone?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

19th Limestone, Autumn 109
   “Uh . . .”Crispin groaned, “it’s not normal to see spot in front of your eyes when you’ve stayed up awhile, is it?”  He still stood at the trade depot with the other soldiers.

“Not unless you’ve bee up for more ‘n a few days straight, boy.”  Gaius said.

“We’ve been waiting here for four days.” Crispin complained.

“Ain’t nothin’, wimp.  This ain’t nothin’ to how long I went last month.” Gaius said.

Sheena cut in.  “Ezum, are you sure there’s going to be another wave?  Nothing’s come up since the first one.”

“The alarm bell ha’nt sounded again.  Hold yer positions . . .” Ezum commanded swaying slightly.

“Can’t we send someone up to the tower, just to be sure?” Omnidum asked.

“Fine . . . fine, get yer hide up thar, Crispin.”

“Well?” Ezum asked as Crispin returned.

“Nothing.  All the skakdi are fleeing.”

“Yer kiddin’, right?”

“Nope.  All gone.  I’m going to bed, now, thanks.”

“Fine, all a y’all can go.” Ezum said, disappointed.  “Ha’ sommun go, go an . . .” she yawned, “go and do somethin’.  Imma go t’bed naw . . .”

The dwarves parted, heading for their various places of rest.

Well that was easy. *knock on wood*
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

BUMP!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Right.  I was doing this before Lancerworked, wasn't I?

Well, I've got AP and IB Chemistry exams coming up, and even though I am allowing myself some free time, I don't want to have the story on my mind too much.  I might have an update before they are done.  After May 19, I will get back to this, and seeing how it goes, I will either wait until I can upgrade my ram, or just keep trucking.

Although, there will also be about 19 days at the start of July where I will be unable to do this, just as a warning.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:46:36 am by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Well, an update is an update after a month and a half.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Oh, why not.  I'll put one up now.  It's really just plot advancement, though.

27th Limestone, Autumn 109
   Chappy the miner approached Ezum’s office carrying a small folder.  As he came up to the door, he heard the loud voice of Katsuun the Hammerer and the even louder voice of Ezum herself.  He opened the door cautiously.

Ezum and Katsuun were clearly fighting about the Adamantine again.  Chappy knew this by observing the fact that Katsuun was pinned to the wall by Ezum’s desk, Ezum on the other side forcing him there.  She held his hammer.  The two stopped their bickering and turned their heads at the sound of Chappy’s pick hitting the ground.

“Eh?  Wha’s this about, then?”  Ezum asked.

“Got the plans for mining out the next layer of Adamantine, Ezum.  Here they are.” Chappy said, handing her the folder.  She replaced the desk, dropped the hammer, and sat down to look at them.  Chappy moved in front of the desk, and Katsuun picked up his hammer and stood behind Chappy.

Then she had an idea that she hoped would get Katsuun off her back for awhile.   “Chappy,” she began, “you should know better ‘n that.  That rock ain’t stable.”  She winked.

“What are you . . .” Chappy began, and then resumed after a boot hit him in the shin, “Oh.  Right.  You’re right.  It would be very risky to dig any further.”  Katsuun frowned in confusion.

“We’ll just have to give up on the Adamantine entirely, eh?”  Ezum said.  Katsuun’s face brightened up.  She continued, “It’s for the best really, what with the demons an’ all.”

“Right!  There’s simply no way to avoid it.”  Chappy said.  “The Queen will just have to make do with what we have so far.”

“Wait,” Katsuun said, “are you saying that you’re going to tell the Queen that we can’t mine more Adamantine because there’s a danger of a cave-in?”

“Aye, tha’s whut we’re sayin’” Ezum said.

“But she’s the Queen.  She’ll know about the dangers of Adamantine, and she wants it dug out anyway.  She won’t be daunted by mere rock.”

Ezum’s face remained unchanged.  “Worth a shot.  Better’n doin’ nothin’.  Better’n whut yer order’s doin’.  Just whut is that, by the way?”  The sarcasm in her voice went unnoticed by Chappy.  There was a brief expression of panic on Katsuun’s visage, though.

“That – that’s top secret.”

“Right.  Sure it is.  Why don’t the two o’ ye go an’ do somethin’ useful now?  Thar’s still lots ta be done ‘round here.  ‘Specially fer ye, Katsuun, whut with all them nobles makin’ mandates n’ such.”

Katsuun glared at Ezum as he left the office, leaving Ezum and Chappy to discuss the details of other mining and masonry projects.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

AP chemistry is now out of the way.  Next up is the IB chemistry exam, then the only worries left are normal exams and getting back to this.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Alright!  Done with all my AP/IB exams! (for a couple of days now . . .)

Time to get crackin' on the story of Libash Tobat.

2nd Sandstone, Autumn 109
   It was another hot day in the tropical mountains in which Libash Tobat was founded, and Ezum needed to head out to link a bridge to a trigger.  Lord Lego wanted an alternate entrance made leading to the base of the Great Green Tower.  As she headed up the narrow spiral staircase past the dining hall, Barbarossa the mayor hurried towards her.

“Hold it Ezum!” he shouted at her, “I need to speak with you right now!”

Ezum stopped and turned to look at him.  “Whad’ya want, Barbarossa?” she said reproachfully, “I got enough work to do fer the purples as is.”

“I want a-” he paused for a moment, confused.   “Wait, aren’t you a clerk?  Meh, whatever.  Anyway, great job on not selling battle axes like I told you,” Ezum frowned at this remark, “but there’s still much more that can be done to maintain and increase the wealth of Libash Tobat.  I had the idea that we could make a tomb.”

Ezum’s expression did not improve.  “We already have a tomb” she said, “why would we need another?”
   “Oh no, this would not be some large, plain, communal tomb.  This would be a grand, personal tomb.  And by personal, I mean mine.  I want a tomb.  The sarcophogus will need to be silver of the finest quality, and I will require several windows-”

“Want a bit of sun in the afterlife, do ye?” Ezum noted.

“Magma, actually. I intend to have a ring of magma surrounding my tomb.  Some magma above and below it would be nice as well.  Er.  Is something wrong?” he asked at Ezum’s latest change in facial expression.

“Magma.  Ye want a tomb.  Surrounded by magma.”

“Yes, that’s the general idea.”

Ezum sighed.  She just didn’t feel like dealing with anymore of this nonsense.  “Fine, ye can have yer tomb.  Don’t blame me if ye melt the whole fort.”
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:39:33 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

WHOA! Nobles demand magma rings?

maybe they are dwarves...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

26th Sandstone, Autumn 109
   Lord Lego sat in his office, looking over the most recent figures for the fortress’ wealth, something he hadn’t done in quite some time, when he noticed something that made his eyes widen.

He was right about this place.  It would indeed bring him up in the world . . . if he did as he was told . . .

Which happened to be causing Hell for Ezum.  He was sure his skills at doing so would improve quite considerably soon, after the economy he had introduced wreaked its havoc on this fortress . . . and after the Queen had arrived . . .

7th Timber, Autumn 109
   “Barbarossa!”  Ezum shouted as she walked through the workshops, “yer tomb is done!”

The mayor poked his head out of the craftdwarf’s cubicle he was using to extract adamantine strands.  “Already?” he asked.

“Aye.  It got done awful fast.  But thar’s a wee problem.  I don’ think it’ll last long.”

“What?!  What do you mean?”

“We’re in a depression.  Thar aren’ enough jobs fer all the dwarves, and were havin’ a mild food shortage as well.  Some un’ wasn’t payin’ enough attention ta the food stocks.  No edible plants, no meat, no fish, an’ only three prepared meals.  I’m seein’ a lotta dwarves gettin’ real angry soon.  Better hope no ones in thar for awhile, if ye want the windows ta hold up.”

Barbarossa paused.  “Why don’t I want anyone going in?”

Ezum sighed.  “If thar’s a dwarf goin’ nutty from all the stress he’ll probably break a window.  Then we got magma all o’er the place.”

“Oh dear.  Well, I suppose we’ll just have to work out more projects then, eh?  Keep the workers busy?”  He smiled.  Ezum frowned.

“Thar’s no way.  We got too many planters, too many crafters, too many woodworkers, an’ too many metal workers.  We’ve exhausted most o’ our resources.  Thar’s only one good source o’ ore left, Barbarossa . . . and that’s the Adamantine.”
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

27th Timber, Autumn 109
   A sad dwarf walked to work to do his daily Adamantine processing duties.  He had been like that since mayor Rakust died.  Rakust had been his friend, yes, but the dwarf had not known the old mayor very well, and it wasn’t the mayor’s death so much that bothered him.  It was the fact that he, Udib Racktones, had been the dwarf to flip the switch that had ended Rakust’s life.  Sure, Ezum had told him to do it, but still . . .

. . . Ledbal . . .

Udib froze.  The voices were back again.  They were rough, and spoke in unison, and he also knew no one else who said his name in Dwarvish.  He wished they would leave him alone.

. . . We know what you did, Ledbal . . . You killed Rakust . . . a founder . . . a friend . . . You took a life . . . that was not yours to take . . . We saw it . . . You cannot escape your fate . . . on your own . . .

“Go away!” Udib muttered, his fist clenched.

. . . Why should we . . . when we are the only ones . . . who can save you?  Help us . . . and we might be inclined . . . to save you from damnation . . . when we are risen once more . . . Or you can take your chances . . . see the Judge . . . plead your case . . . make him think . . . you did no murder . . . but then . . . why risk it?

Udib gripped the rail of the stair well tightly, and said quitely, “What do you want?”  He was sweating.

. . . Make something for us . . . a mere trinket . . . that is all . . . You will need . . . several materials . . . but we know they are here . . . We can sense them . . .

1st Moonstone, Autumn 109
   Udib stood before the chambers of the sleeping hammerer, Katsuun.  He stepped forward uncertainly.  He had gathered all the other materials needed.  Those had been easy.  An adamantine wafer, three rolls of ussal crab chitin, pitchblende blocks, a bolt of spider silk, and a tower cap log.  The last item was what worried him.

. . . Go . . . grab it . . . he will not awaken . . . not yet . . . Take the cross from him . . .

“There’s more Adamantine . . . can’t we just use that?” Udib muttered, “I mean, if it’s the pitchblende that does the trick with the Admantine-

NO!  No . . . there is not enough pitchblende . . . We need some that has already been processed . . . he will not awaken . . .

“Alright . . .” Udib began to further question, but decided against it.  He strode towards the hammerer’s bed and reached into the resting dwarf’s pocket, pulling out a piece of red metal matching the voices’ description.  He hurried back to the workshop to craft the item ordered of him.

Truth be told, the fort itself is kind of a mess.  I sort of want to wrap this up sometime soonish, but there are still a few things I want to have happen first.  I hadn't intended for this to be a very long story.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:37:02 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

6th Moonstone, Winter 109
   There was a knock on Lord Lego’s new door.  He walked up and opened it, ushering the two waiting dwarves inside.

“Well?” he asked, shutting the door.  “How go things?”

“The chamber for the ceremony is nearly done.  We need only put the Demonium in its place.”  The dwarf speaking was wearing a hood and held a pick.  Lord Lego frowned at this poor disguise; there were only three miners other than Morul Lancedearth in the fort, one of them with beaten into a state of permanent stupidity from an accident with the magma moat, and the other two were nobodies; they had no character to them.  The count made no comment on the pick, however.

“And the Demonium?” Lord Lego asked.  “Have you procured it?” he was looking at the other dwarf, who was not wearing a disguise, as she was the Countess, Atir Wadeddyes.  She was expected to go into her husband’s room.  She also thought the disguise was pointless, seeing as how everyone knew this was the Count’s room.

“Yes.  I had to use the demons’ influence on a metalcrafter, but the experience has put too great a toll on him for him to care what is done with his creation.  The demons saw fit for him to craft it into a toy hammer, for some reason, and demanded it be called Iridbuzat Ralkidet, or Rhythmtwig the Silvery Talon in human.  The foolish tax collector actually bothered to appraise it, even though he should know there will be far more where it came from.  He valued it at 1,104,000 dollars.

“Excellent.  Now we need only wait for the Queen to arrive . . . then we shall recieve the power we deserve!”
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Pitchblende+Adamantine=Demonium?

How subtle.  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Just wait.  This ain't done yet. ;)
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

20th Moonstone, Winter 109
   Katsuun found Ezum in her office, cleaning an axe.  It was covered in blood, as was the manager herself.

“Ezum, did you-” he paused, noticing the weapon.  “What’s with the axe?”

“I was fightin’ some o’ our pris’ners in the arenaseum.  Didn’t have much fight in ‘em.  Thought I oughta practice, seein’ as how thar’s this impending armie-gedin.”

“Hm.  Well, anyway, did you have someone move the demonium I had?  I can’t find it.”

Ezum went white.  “Ye lost it?  How could ye lose it?!  Ye daft dwarf, ye said it could let the demons out!”

“Oh, no, not at all!” he said quickly.  “Enough demonium can rip an opening, if delivered with enough force to a spot sensitive to the demon’s dimension, but my sample was only enough to hold a demon in this world.  Or possess a mortal, which I guess is where they get all their goblins and skakdi.”

“Oh.  Say, why are them demons as rule the goblins and skakdi allowed ta stay, eh?  Why didn’t the gods rain holy fire on ‘em, or whatever it is gods do with the spawn o’ darkness?”

“Them?  They’re traitors.  If the demons of the pits ever got loose, the traitors would be in trouble unless they did something to help them get out.  Although . . . I guess that seems to be what they’re doing, doesn’t it?”

“Nah, really?” Ezum said sarcastically.  “Find that demonium, Katsuun, an’ lock it up in the arenaseum.  Small it may be, but there could more out thar they could use.”

“No, the traitor demons wouldn’t risk what they have left, and it needs to be made by one in despair from having murdered a friend.   Where would demons, of all things, find a follower who would hold issue with such things, when only the gods have been able to do so to reward the traitors?”
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]