Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Libash Tobat - "The Axe of Authority" - Corrupt Intentions. (community fort)  (Read 22138 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Libash Tobat - "The Axe of Authority" - when dwarves meet LEGO.
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 02:17:16 pm »

14th Limestone, 106
   Morul Bellstired walked down the central staircase into Ezum’s meager office.  “Ezum, the caravan from the mountain homes is with our borders.”
   “Is it now?  Go an’ fill up the trade depot wit’ the usual rubbish.  I’ll be thar in a bit.”  Ezum said, looking over the plans for the Arenaseum..
   “Yessir.” said Morul, turning to the dining hall to “recruit” some haulers.
   “An’ make sure they’re protected.  I dinna want another caravan killed by somethin’ stupid like a gobbo er a skakdi.”
   “Of course, sir.”

The wagons arrived at the depot at about the same time Ezum did.  They had brought six wagons with them, along with some pack animals that were lagging behind.  By the time the caravan was fully unloaded, Ezum had gotten tired and gone to be.

“Sommun else can go an’ do the tradin’ this time.  I’m tired.” She said to the nearest dwarf she could find, which happened to be a child.
   “‘kay miss.” the child said nervously, running off to get a carpenter.

Later that day . . .
   Ezum was angry.  She had just been woken up by an ecstatic carpenter.  She was tired.  And she had just lost a lot of wealth.
   “We made a loss of 10,000 DOLLARS?!” she roared at the carpenter.
   Libash Crushedbolts shuffled her feet, looking at the ground. “Seemed like a good deal, what with all the stuff we got.  Er.  And some of it went to the king.”
   “We never, EVER, trade away that much stuff, YA HEAR ME?!  NOT EVEN FOR THE KING!!”
   Libash was getting nervous.  Everyone knew that Ezum was capable of killing a dwarf with her bare hands.  She had done it before, when old Medtob went berserk because he couldn’t get any blocks. 
   She decided to run for it.  She ran into the dining hall without saying another word and hid under a table.  She heard the door slam as Ezum burst in, a murderous glare in her eye.

“Where’d she go?!” she demanded.
   After several dwarves looking around and shuffling their feet, there was a collective answer that sounded something like “idunnono.”
   "She could be in the food stockpiles," Barbarossa the glassmaker suggested, "you should check there."
   “I’ll have that stupid dwarf cleanin’ the jails if I see her again . . .” Ezum muttered as she walked out, a suspicious look on her face.
   "Thanks, Barbarossa,"  Libash said as she climbed out from under the table, "that was close."

We got a bunch of new animals from the caravan, but I'm not sure what the total for offerings is yet.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 03:11:48 pm »

20th Limestone
   Ingiz the craftsdwarf was outside, carrying a spool of fresh cave spider silk thread back into the fort, when she was ambushed by a band of five goblins; three wrestlers and two macegoblins.  She knew she should have been frightened, but all she could feel was rage.  A few years earlier, she could only standby and watch as her pet dog was killed by goblins.  This time though . . .

“I’LL KILL Y’ALL YE BASTARDS!!!” she shouted as she leapt at the nearest wrestler.  Before she could do any damage, however, a macegoblin hit her left arm from behind.  As she screamed in pain, the wrestler kicked her in her right shin.  None of her bones were broken, but she felt like the blood had been pounded right out of where she had been hit.

She let out a horrifying shriek as another macegoblin hit her in the left knee, badly mangling her left leg.  She then passed out and fell down from pain.  The goblins continued to beat her, relentlessly . . .

Another blow from a macegoblin sent her flying.  The goblin chased after her beaten body, even after it landed limply on the ground several paces away from where it had started.  She was still.  The goblins moved towards the entrance, their eyes glazed over, as though they were in a trance.

Zasit Galleywindy came out of the fort.  He had heard the screaming of Ingiz.  Upon seeing him, the goblins shouted in near perfect harmony, “Morul Bellstired must die!  For the Dark ones!”  Zasit immediately proceeded to chuck one of the wrestlers into the lead macegoblin.  It ducked and jumped aside as the goblin flew by and Zasit ran past.  It sprained it foot in the process.

As the goblin wrestler hit the ground, it fell still.  Zasit turned towards the other mace goblin.  He punched the wretched thing twice, hitting it in the upper body but missing the second time.  A third punch to the stomach made it lose its lunch.  Another wrestler attempted to jump on him, but Zasit simply grabbed it by the fingers of its right hand and flung it to the ground.  Its fingers cracked sickeningly.

Zasit then punched the macegoblin a fourth time, breaking its nose and neck and knocking it unconscious.  He then proceeded to break its right leg.  Next went its arm, and then its skull.  It was having trouble breathing.  Zasit finally threw it over the edge of the cliff.

Next, Zasit grabbed the wrestler that had jumped him and hit the final wrestler with it.  Both were knocked unconscious, yet Zasit knew he needed to finish the job before they could wake up again.  He bashed them together again and again until the one he was using as a club died.  He proceeded to grind the last wrestler into a pulp, not noticing the last macegoblin slinking away . . .

. . . Not knowing where it was or why it was there.  All it knew was that it had seen some of its fellows being bashed together by a mad dwarf.  It wanted to get the hell out of there before Zasit decided to throw a corpse at it . . .

As the rest of Zasit’s squad showed up, he noticed the lifeless body of Ingiz.
   “Damn.  We were too late.” he said.  Just who were these “dark ones” that the goblins were fighting for? he thought to himself.
   "I better tell Ezum about this . . ."

Edit:  There was another ambush after this, uncovered by Zasit's squad.  Sheena killed a goblin axeman.  She seems to be trying to reject the spear, too.  I have to keep un-forbidding it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:23:05 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 03:57:16 pm »

20th Limestone
~

Edit:  There was another ambush after this, uncovered by Zasit's squad.  Sheena killed a goblin axeman.  She seems to be trying to reject the spear, too.  I have to keep un-forbidding it.

She just wants a full suit of plastic artifact gear. :D and it trying to tell you without ya know, telling you. :) like women do. *hides*
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 04:14:56 pm »

Maybe.  Personally, I'd want steel at the least, if I was her.  Plastic is good as a craft metal, but fairly poor as a weapon or armor material.  She does seem pretty crazy so far, though.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 10:15:25 pm »

24th Sandstone, 106
   As Sheena was walking to the booze stockpile after a tough sparring session with Zasit, a hairy blur zoomed by, shrieking “He he he heeeeeee!”  Sheena fallowed it to the workshops.  It hopped into a craftdwarf’s shop.

The blur turned out to be Asob Relicraced, the farmer.  “What’s with the Ussal Crab bones, Asob?” Sheena asked.
   “I just had a really great idea for something!” he declared with a grin almost wide enough to cut off his head.  “Just wait and see!”
   Sheena backed away slowly.  “Sure, sure, I’ll just, er, be sparring if you need me, alright?” she said as she went up the stairs to fetch Zasit. 

Sheena found Zasit coming down the stairs toward the dining hall.  “Zasit, we’ve got a fey in the craft sector.  Situation blue at the moment.  Can I poke it?” 
   Zasit merely nodded at this strange message as though he understood it, but quickly corrected himself; "No, don't go pokin' him.  Go gather up the rest of the squad and meet me there.” he said, running down the stairs.

By the time they had all arrived, Asob was already at work, having gathered three Ussal Crab bones, one log each of acacia and palm, a stack each of dog leather and cave crocodile leather, a cave lobster shell, and a handful of clear plastic.

“Oh hi guys!”  Asob said excitedly, “sorry, but you’ll have to wait to see what it is.  I’ll let you know when I’m done though!”
   “Alright men, stand down,” Zasit whispered to the others as they relaxed. “Sure thing, Asob,” he said aloud, “I’ll be off meetin’ with Ezum.  I’ve got some important information for her . . .”

Woohoo!  Finally a mood that isn't possessed!  Too bad it's probably gonna be another useless craft item.  Definitely made of ussal crab bone, though, so it should be fairly valuable.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 11:13:25 pm »

How's Fireheart doing, still injured?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 11:14:59 pm »

Yep, 'fraid so.  He's had a yellow wound for two seasons; I'm guessing if it's not healed by winter then it should be healed by spring.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 12:05:15 pm »

4th Timber, 106
   Milly was walking towards the workshops.  She had heard that a fey dwarf had actually managed to pull together everything he needed.  She wanted to see such a dwarf at work.  As she walked towards the craftdwarf shops, a figure jumped in front of her.

“Hey Milly!”  Asob shouted, “Check out this bracelet I made!  I call it Muzishdolush Solon Otam,’ or Martyredborn the Flag of Noses.  It’s made of Ussal Crab bone!” He shoved it in front of her face.

“But, but, it’s all unsymetrical,” Milly said, twitching, “you’ve got that picture there and then all those spikes, there’s no pattern, and, and-”
   “It’s not done yet,” Asob said quickly, just as Milly’s twitching spread to her neck, “It’ll be awhile.  Just go and have a nice keg ale while ye wait, okay?”
   “Okay,” Milly said as her face melted into the serene smile of a madman thinking of booze, “I can’t wait to see it finished!”

As she walked towards the stairs Asob looked at his creation and sighed.  “Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.” he said, fiddling with the spikes to make it look ordered.  After a few minutes he decided it was safe to go and stuff it in a bin with the other crafts.

I have to admit the way Milly just responded is kind of how I look at things I make.  Maybe not in such a mad way, but some details just seem to need some kind of order.  I'm OCD myself, but it's really not very serious.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 01:41:34 pm »

15th Timber
   Ezum grinned as she walked up the stairs to the base of the tower.  Erok the Skakdi swordsman has recently been a great deal of trouble.  One farmer bringing him food had been clawed in the face.  So, what with the tower being functional, Ezum decided it was time take care of him for good.  Erok was already in the dump chamber.  All that had to be done was to pull the lever.

The lever was pulled.

Ezum’s grin widened as the body hit the ground.  She was mildly disappointed.  She knew Skakdi were tough, but she had still expected more of an explosion.  But still, any Skakdi that might be scouting the are would know what happened to Erok Ongostezad.  Ezum planned to have the remains dumped in the entrance for all to see.  Everyone would know the power of the Axe of Authority.  Everyone.

yeah, Skakdi have a high [DAMBLOCK] so they don't get blown to bits quite so much.  So what do y'all think of the tower, as it is so far?
Just so I remember

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 12:08:16 am »

[spellingnerd]The term is asymmetrical, not unsymmetrical.[/spellingnerd]

That fits what I expected of Milly.  I'm incredibly OCD myself (I've actually abandoned 11 fortresses so far simply due to making some design mistake that messes up the symmetry).  Essentially everything I make has to be PERFECT, otherwise I destroy and rebuild.

The tower looks pretty good.  I always like to build suicide pits or death towers, although I like to make them down the center of my fortress so that suicidal dwarves or falling enemies add a new blood splatter to any dwarves using the main staircase.

Does the tower have ridges along the sides to catch flying limbs and such, or does everything just spray across the bottom?  I need to watch the video again.

EDIT:  Also, do you have a shot of the magma moat jutting out of the cliffside?  I remember seeing it mentioned in a different thread, and my curiosity was piqued.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 06:14:09 pm »

Thanks.  And yes, the entire magma moat was constructed.  There's a screenshot on the second post, first page.  At some point I'm going to try and get things set up so I can put the map on the DFMA.  But this week I will need to do research for a debate against capital punishment, so we'll just have to see how that goes (the research, not the debate).
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 09:58:16 pm »

Huzzah!  All I had to do was download the map compressor!  Looks like I already had the other stuff on this computer.  So anyway, here's the map:

Check it out  ;D
Just so I remember

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 10:27:20 pm »

All these huge maps. :( My little forts all seem so puny.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:58 pm »

Don't worry about it, man.  You probably have much better FPS than any of us big-settlers. 

The other day Libash Tobat went down to 6 FPS.  Don't have a clue why.  ???
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:45 pm »

14th Moonstone, Early Winter, 106
   “Ambush!” cried Eshtan the metalsmith as Skakdi warriors sprang out of hiding onto the skyway.  She could see four swordsmen a few paces behind the wrestler that had appeared next to her.  Fear overtook her common sense.  She ran away from the fort’s entrance, heading for the hills.  Right into the swordsmen.

She flailed at one of the swordsmen as it charged at her.  It attempted to dodge the blow, but failed to watch its step.  It jumped right over the edge of the sky way, down four stories.  It died the moment it hit the ground.

Etash continued to run forward, dodging blows from the swordsmen as she went.  One finally managed to land a hit on her as she was passing along the very edge of the skyway.  She was knocked off, falling three stories.  She would have survived, were it not for her wounds.

“No!” Milly screamed, as she had been on her way to the forts entrance after spotting the Skakdi.  The ambush squad turned towards her.

“Kill . . .” they hissed, moving towards her, a glossy look to their eyes.  They caught up to her, the wrestler injuring her lower body with a kick.  She attempted to fight back with a punch, only to have the wretched thing catch her blow and break her right arm.

“Help!”  She cried desperately, knowing she was too far for it to come in time, but hoping against hope that it would.  She recieved a blow to the neck from a swordsman, and then had her gut slammed by the flat of another’s blade.  She felt sick, she was stunned, and as in extreme pain.  A final blow from the wrestler sent her flying backwards.  Before passing out, she noticed she was having trouble breathing.  Now unaware of her surroundings, she was decapitated from a horizontal slice from a swordsman . . .

Arriving at the entrance, Zasit and his corporal, Astesh, engaged the Skakdi.  The battle started well enough.  Several blows failed to connect to either dwarf.  Astesh became careless.  He had always been cockey.  He dodged, not noticing the absence of a floor.

“Look out Astesh!” cried Zasit.  Astesh flailed for the edge in vain, only to miss, falling eleven stories down onto the lower slopes of the mountain.  “Damn it!”  Zasit lashed out against his current foe in anger, grabbing the skakdi swordsman’s upper and lower bodies in either hand, and bringing his knee into its stomach, knocking it unconscious.

The rest of the squad arrived, immediately swarming the swordsman that Astesh had tried so hard to dodge.

“Where’s Astesh?” Sheen yelled, unable to reach any oponents.
   “Skydivin’, unfortunately.”

The swarmed swordsman soon fell unconscious, dropping his sword, but they wanted revenge.  They continued to beat it.  After killing it, they swarmed the final swordsman.  Zasit was still busy with his skakdi.

Then Morul’s squad arrived, raining bolts, quickly dispatching the two remaining, unconscious skakdi.  As the final bolt struck down Zasit’s skakdi, he noticed the glazed look in its eye . . . the same look that the goblins from autumn had.

Sheena looked over the edge of the skyway.  “Captain, you’re not going to believe this.”
   “What is it?”  Morul asked.  She had recently been promoted to Captain of the Guard, a position that had been vacant for quite some time.
   “It’s Astesh, sir . . . he’s floating.” Sheena said simply.  They all looked over the edge to see Astesh frozen, crackling blue swirls floating around him.  “He’s got a prick on his forhead . . .”
   “By Rafum’s lucky rabbit’s foot . . . What manner of magic is this?” Zasit said.
   “I’m not sure,” Morul said slowly, “but we better tell Ezum about this.  She’ll probably find out on her own anyway.  There should be some way to get him back, if we look through enough books.” she concluded, to the groans of all present.

Well that didn't go well.  I really need to make some sort of rail for the skyway.  Sorry about your dwarf, Mook.
What happened with Astesh is this; He fell off, and I saved when he had only fallen one z-level.  So now he's frozen.  I have an idea on how to get him out.

Is it just me or am I using a lot of ellipses?
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13