Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [40d6] Dwarves shun their new elven king  (Read 47496 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: [40d6] Dwarves shun their new elven king
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 02:36:21 pm »

Cacame has came back!

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 03:00:44 pm »

Elven King you say?

Use DFHack to make the game recognize him as a member of your civ. Thanks to his glitched state, if you can get the game to recognize him as a member of your civ he'll be the perfect king; no mandates, no demands, no snooty posturing. He'll be almost as happy to meet with emissaries in the booze stockpile as in his throne room (IIRC he'll still have good/bad thoughts from the usual stuff), and will generally wander around and make himself... present. Kind of like a child.

There's also the matter that elves are naturally faster than dwarves by quite a bit. This is why Cacame was so unutterably badass. If you can get your Elfking to don some steel, addy, even iron, he will quickly become one of the most lethal beings in your fortress. Elves use wood weapons for a reason; they'd be overpowered if they didn't. If you're already using DFhack, you can toy with it to add him to your military and give him a uniform. Gold crown optional.

This is all gathered from 40.d, but most of it should hold true in 34.11, though elves may be somewhat less OP. Still, a steel maul wielding elf is fearsome.

E: What is this elf kings name? Can you copy a look at the legends screen for this guy?

Elves are still OP. I collected an addy battle axe with an adventurer elf, and so far there has been no being whole head could not be lopped off in a single hit.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 11:52:34 am »

Elven King you say?

Use DFHack to make the game recognize him as a member of your civ. Thanks to his glitched state, if you can get the game to recognize him as a member of your civ he'll be the perfect king; no mandates, no demands, no snooty posturing. He'll be almost as happy to meet with emissaries in the booze stockpile as in his throne room (IIRC he'll still have good/bad thoughts from the usual stuff), and will generally wander around and make himself... present. Kind of like a child.

There's also the matter that elves are naturally faster than dwarves by quite a bit. This is why Cacame was so unutterably badass. If you can get your Elfking to don some steel, addy, even iron, he will quickly become one of the most lethal beings in your fortress. Elves use wood weapons for a reason; they'd be overpowered if they didn't. If you're already using DFhack, you can toy with it to add him to your military and give him a uniform. Gold crown optional.

This is all gathered from 40.d, but most of it should hold true in 34.11, though elves may be somewhat less OP. Still, a steel maul wielding elf is fearsome.

E: What is this elf kings name? Can you copy a look at the legends screen for this guy?

Elves are still OP. I collected an addy battle axe with an adventurer elf, and so far there has been no being whole head could not be lopped off in a single hit.
Perhaps this is why we feel a natural inclination to slaughter them rather than sell them any Adamantine...
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:41 pm »

I saw dwarves shun... and knew it was the second coming of Cacame.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 05:30:51 am »

It is vital that we see the legends story of this elven king!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 08:19:09 am »

Will people ever stop necroimg old bug reports?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 10:39:27 am »

Until threads get locked past a certain age, and the Cacame article on the wiki, Reddit, 4chan, and videos of him on youtube, never. Let us hope those all never happen.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »

Hopefully its not in bad etiquette to sneak into this thread for a couple questions, since its the most recent thread in bug reports and I'm trying to report "officially".. I've got a 40.14 world where it rains goblin blood at the fort, but the only place it strikes any surface is in the treetops.. While I've given up hope on mastering Mantis, I did try to launch a search there for similar issues and didn't find any.. Then I figured, to redeem myself, that I wouldn't be able to fail DFFD, but that happened as well :D

How do you upload a save file?! I wanted to upload the 'save' folder (with the 'region' and 'current' files inside), but it keeps entering the file/s instead of uploading the whole folder.. Also, if anyone knows if this has been reported, that'd be just as helpful :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

Hopefully its not in bad etiquette to sneak into this thread for a couple questions, since its the most recent thread in bug reports and I'm trying to report "officially".. I've got a 40.14 world where it rains goblin blood at the fort, but the only place it strikes any surface is in the treetops.. While I've given up hope on mastering Mantis, I did try to launch a search there for similar issues and didn't find any.. Then I figured, to redeem myself, that I wouldn't be able to fail DFFD, but that happened as well :D

How do you upload a save file?! I wanted to upload the 'save' folder (with the 'region' and 'current' files inside), but it keeps entering the file/s instead of uploading the whole folder.. Also, if anyone knows if this has been reported, that'd be just as helpful :)
Bug reports now use the Mantis issue tracker, so these forums are really obsolete.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 [2]