Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Convert Police Officers to Liberal Side  (Read 2482 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Convert Police Officers to Liberal Side
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 06:18:59 am »

I'm pretty sure it's equaly hard to seduce them if you are a freshly made character.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 08:55:12 am »

I'm pretty sure it's equally hard to seduce them if you are a freshly made character.

It might take a few tries, but I think it's possible if you have decent heart/charisma.  Plus it's faster and less dangerous then torture.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:29 pm »

1 guns will not stop evey one from esapeing a kidnapping just most of them.
2 lean to brainwash weaker cons first note that you shoud ask them out to see what there stats and skills are then kidnap them.

the hard part is geting a sleeper or some one with good stats.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 01:48:54 pm »

Flipping weaker cons is also important to:
1) train your interrogator
2) get maps of various locations

I aim to be able to flip janitors and the like in a day or two before I go after the scary guys.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »

Yea I brained washed 1-2 police officers after my interrogator leveled up. They are quit useful, as they keep leaking me police documents. I also have an agent who also leaks CIA documents to me. Can such sleepers tip you off before a raid?
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 03:35:21 pm »

Yea I brained washed 1-2 police officers after my interrogator leveled up. They are quit useful, as they keep leaking me police documents. I also have an agent who also leaks CIA documents to me. Can such sleepers tip you off before a raid?

Yeah, once you get enough, I think you are notified without fail.  And I don't believe the position matters.  10 janitors in the Intelligence HQ work as well as 10 agents.

Maybe that should be changed so there's a mix?  You need high ranking people to get the intelligence, but you need low ranking people to pass the intelligence on and finally an active LCS member to get the info.  An intel "chain" if you will.  Add an espionage skill, the higher that is for the "handler", the more complex the chain is (No skill and you meet in public and don't cover it well.  High skill is a robust set of identification protocols and deaddrops, plus the handler knows how to sniff trouble.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:38:50 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 [2]