Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So eh... anybody write?  (Read 7961 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So eh... anybody write?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:24 am »

i tryed (not really good. but there is a person who likes it. it is a start i guess).

but i also have the plot for what i think is a good story. but i am not good enough for it yet. maybe in the future. i posted it in the evolution lite thread (it is linked to that game). it is sci-fi, but i odn't think i would overload the reader with informations about all kinds of technology. the main technology is the hyperspace drive, but i am not going to explain how it works, just because i don't know it. and the informations about it would be in the history part, when i speak about the past of that world since world war III to the time of the book. other techs are mostly like the ones we have now, just more advanced, or still new and as such they will be shortly explained. but hyperspace will be the only thing on the border between science and magic.

and probably i will never write it, but hoping that i'll get better at writing won't hurt.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 09:44:13 am »

I tried writing with that Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer thread. Some of it was tolerable. I've been thinking about writing again, except this time I'll have a plot in mind before beginning.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 10:27:05 am »

I'm working on a fantasy universe. The plan I'm currently using is to write short stories that create the history of the universe as I develop it, with most important historical figures "fleshed out", so to speak. And once I reach a point I think is fitting enough, I'll start writing the main story.

It'll probably be focused entirely on one planet, but there will be some "stray" planets. There won't be much in the way of technology; I don't want guns in it. They won't be common if I do include them.

It involves gods. Set pantheons of gods. But there will be some civilizations that worship false gods. And some that don't believe in any gods at all, of course.

I've been working on it since...this past October. I'm trying to include as much satire as I can in it.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 10:33:21 am »

I once wrote a 34 page "Novel" based off of a giant lobster living in a lake.

Sort of like Jaws, but with a HEUG lobster in it instead. I was called something like "Red Death" or whatever.

Hey, not bad for a middle-schooler!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 10:36:32 am »

Why was it called "Red Death"? Lobsters are blue.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 10:39:51 am »

Why was it called "Red Death"? Lobsters are blue.
I thought the idea of it being red would scare people more, and not everybody is aware of this.

Really, do you think of "Blue Death" when you recall images of lobsters?

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 11:00:04 am »

I have a terrible, terrible half-finished fan fiction about Oblivion.

Basically, I wake up in a prison cell as a Khajiit. I'm in the process of rewriting it so it's both internally consistent and as consistent as I want to make it with vanilla Oblivion. It's currently ~40,000 words, but I'm only about halfway though rewriting, and then I have to finish off the rest of the story.

I have a few notes jotted down on paper. Mostly about issues such as the struggle of transgenderism, stuff like that. Also, apparently important is "NEEDS CONFLICT" underlined several times.

Guess I was too Mary Sue-ish.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 11:01:58 am »

I have a terrible, terrible half-finished fan fiction about Oblivion.

Basically, I wake up in a prison cell as a Khajiit. I'm in the process of rewriting it so it's both internally consistent and as consistent as I want to make it with vanilla Oblivion. It's currently ~40,000 words, but I'm only about halfway though rewriting, and then I have to finish off the rest of the story.

I have a few notes jotted down on paper. Mostly about issues such as the struggle of transgenderism, stuff like that. Also, apparently important is "NEEDS CONFLICT" underlined several times.

Guess I was too Mary Sue-ish.
Eww.... fan-fic.

Seriously, did you see that one with Harry Potter and Draco and....
Uhg.  :P

Nevermind, just don't read it to me.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 11:17:36 am »

I've got a novel I'm working on right now, ~30,000 words currently, set in a sci-fantasy situation. The main setting is a world that was originally settled in the ice age, and has had no contact with Earth until the modern age. The driving conflict is between an elite group of lumani assassins and the protagonist's lumani love interest/heiress. At the end it'll be revealed that lumani are actually neanderthals, but their form was changed by the passage from Earth and the time in between, as they settled the highly mutable 'plane of infinites' that bridges the two worlds instead.

It sounds weirder than it is :P Unfortunately I can't show it to you, but I do have a plan for it, and hopefully it'll get published eventually.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 11:18:28 am »

I have a few notes jotted down on paper. Mostly about issues such as the struggle of transgenderism, stuff like that.
What kind of game is Oblivion?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 11:41:17 am »

A good game.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 12:34:39 pm »

I wrote a Disgaea Fanfiction that didn't start as a fanfiction, it started as a true-blue account of my progress through a self-imposed challenge. I just kept exaggerating and fancying it up until it was an all out fanfiction with characters and backgrounds and everyone had feelings and shit.

It was quite well received on the gameFAQ's forums.

I still have it for anyone that's curious, although it's incomplete.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 01:10:00 pm »

Oh... Ive written some mediocre short stories in spanish...  :P

If you want poems: Check out my sig.

the page has a really cool interface to easyly add writings and review them, and it works great in the spanish community www.loscuentos.net.  thestories.net just lacked advertising.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:14:57 pm by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 04:37:45 pm »

What happened to AlanL and Railick Stonemane, Legendary Storytellers?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 06:44:04 pm »

I'm taking a writing class this year, although it's mostly been essays up to this point. My teacher says I have a good, concise and rather sarcastic style, although it often could be greatly expanded upon.

I've a few ideas for writing stories though. Three universes, to be exact.
One is in a dungeon-punk style and is mostly just basic mechanics and a few historical ideas, since it's also the newest one. The second is a pretty fleshed-out fantasy world still lacking in history and finalization, and the third is a sci-fi verse that is based upon a federation of species that doesn't actually include humans, but rather encounters them. Both of the two old ones have gone through a lot of changes, but they have some interesting ideas. For example, imagine this:

A naga, that is, a creature with a serpent's lower body and a humanoid, six-armed upper body.
Now imagine the stereotypical Mexican. Not an actual Mexican, but rather the stereotype.
Now combine those two.

One of my favorites. I also have dwarves and elves and some inspiration from DF for that. The sci-fi world doesn't have anything so interesting.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4