Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, January 1st, 2009  (Read 11717 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, January 1st, 2009
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:40 am »

The Bay 12 Games Report, January 1st, 2009

Mission Status (Threetoe):

In a dark land the adventurer reaches to the sky to grasp the showering sustenance of generosity falling from the sun, the door to the heavens and eternal power that is the promise of your support.  All obstacles overthrown.  All adversaries slain.  The avatar defeats the monsters guarding the fortresses at the four corners of the world, and having conquered the entire horizon, turns his attention to the temple at the center of the universe.  Here your generosity in the form of a wise stranger hands the adventurer a sword made from your support, which he takes to slay the mighty dragon of doubt and fear.  A new year, a new age of promise and hope lies before us.

Programming Schedule (Toady One):

Nine weekend days, so I'll be doing Dwarf Fortress up through the 22nd in January.

More Countdown.  Finishing up with wounds and moving on into descriptions and poisons is the goal.  These are the last changes that fit roughly in the 'body' category -- then it's on to more underground features, entity positions and squad stuff.  I'll also be continuing on with the OpenGL/Linux updates as the tweaks getting that up to shape continue.

Fun with Numbers:

That was awesome.  Thanks for the Dwarfmas support pledges, and all of the other support this month.  Among other things, you all managed a pig statue for my mother's garden and an antique German-English medical dictionary for my father to play with.  This is my first full year without a regular income from a job, and it looks like I'll be able to keep it up for 2009.

December:  $5279.49
November:  $1305.10
October:   $1868.30
September: $1695.48
August:    $3101.50
July:      $5543.99
June:      $1531.09
May:       $1943.71
April:     $3757.64
March:     $1749.50
February:  $2844.93
January:   $1697.73

2008:     $32318.46
2007:     $19052.28

Those numbers are the amounts before taxes of course, which promises to be another adventure all on its own...

Releases:

• Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress (alpha, Windows/Mac/Linux - sort of!)
  • Liberal Crime Squad
  • WWI Medic
  • Kobold Quest (Windows/Mac)
  • Squiggles
  • Corin's Mystery Massacre
  • Kosovo Karnage
  • Genealogy Poker
  • Star Zoo
  • Primordial Souper Star
  • Mutant Lab Escape: Wog to Freedom
  • Blood Cave of Satan
  • Brown 2: Ready on the Firing Line
  • Asteroid Bowels Raider
  • Sub Games (5)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:49:39 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!