Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idea for Evil areas  (Read 1693 times)

Btwilley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Idea for Evil areas
« on: January 06, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

Since we already have zombies and such in the game I think it would be interestering to have dead animals/raiders come back to life if they are not properly disposed of.

There would be a time frame of course probally a season or two, but just think how interesteing it would be the first time that an army of evil undead goblins are able to attack and bypass part of your traps because you didnt remember to clean em up.

As far as propper disposal burial, butchering, and burning seems like good ways to dispose of bodies. And that would make the house of (the dead ones) have a fun job. They would arrive after your first siege and help purify remails.

ekkud Egenid was supposedly killed by one of those "elephant" things the commoners have started dreaming up. I swear he killed himself just to piss me off with their lame fantasy.
I do wonder how he managed to break his own back though.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Evil areas
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 04:22:00 pm »

This seems like it'd make more sense than random zombie animals wandering around.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »

Råsh. It's pronounced "oh", in case you were wondering.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

This used to be the case, I think.   There was a scripted undead uprising in some of the early versions, but it was taken out.   Something like this might make sense once Forces and such are in solid.

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

what about a necromancer coming around and attacking your fortress

...with all the dead lying around

of course he would just get attracted by many dead creatures

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

I think that it would be great if Undead Ruins created armies to attack you just like Goblins do.

Lostsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 12:28:00 am »

Same Necromancer idea. After undead army is inside your fort, necromancers just try find your graveyard. Lots of skeletons at ther.  :)

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 08:12:00 am »

Necromancer as a super creature! Yes, yes and yes! Well, perhaps bit more common than dragons or golems etc...

And speaking of which, it would be neat to have a class before the super creatures which are not as strong but are more common, but still have special abilities. Necromancers would be perfect in this category.