Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Writing Workshop!  (Read 18627 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Workshop!
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2009, 10:18:00 pm »

Hey, random bolts of inspiration are often the best kind. Now, outbreaks...zombies? Magic + zombies = chaotic fun.
Not necessarily Zombies. Though that would be interesting. Psycho Jelly, you should write a little more. Except with different kinds of outbreaks. Mysterious diseases, zombies, bees, or secret government conspiracies. A few different stories for the same beginning.

I have some more of my story done. Apparently the first chapter was perfect, so I'm optimistic.

Will Foley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2009, 10:21:50 pm »

Lol my bad mulch. I love the dancing kitten, by the way. It's addicting to watch.
And penguin, I like it so far, keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:37:53 pm by Will Foley »

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »

I didn't have zombies in mind. I will continue this, I may even write a full fledged story.

I hope that a callous and elitist wizard isn't too much of a stereotype.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Will Foley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2009, 11:02:44 pm »

It has been used, but I've never actually seen one be the MAIN character. Usually they're the nemesis or something. As for stereotypical...there really is no established stereotype for wizard, and if there was one, it died when Harry Potter was born.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:06 pm »

And then a new one was created from Harry Potter.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:38 pm »

And then it died again once they revealed Gandalf was gay.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:48 pm »

And then they just went back to copying mysterious wizards from the Lord of the Rings.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2009, 11:44:51 pm »

His small feat seemed to attract the attention of a rather gruff looking man with broad shoulders, heavy brown eyebrows, and a slightly brutish look about him.
  “De’ you jus’ make tha’ cup o’ tea from nowhere?” The gruff man looked somewhat puzzled, analyzing the cup.
  “Hello. My name is Dorran. And yours would be..?” I hope he doesn’t ask me-
  “By th’ fifth gate! How de’ yeh do that?” Dorran ground his teeth slightly in frustration. How would I explain this without being deemed heathen?
  “I’ve had  it with me earlier, did you not notice?”
  “As a ma’er of fact, I de’ not.”
  “I have business to attend to.” Annoyed, Dorran walked toward his cabin. He was somewhat appreciative of the fact he could afford one separate from the rest of the passengers.
Three days had passed before the captain had declared their arrival. The cloud cover had lifted, and the sun was shining brightly as Dorran left the confines of his cabin. The people were organized into lines, and ushered off of the boat by armed guards. They are quite concerned about security! It’s been so long since the outbreaks started. Dorran felt slightly guilty about leaving his wife here. Guilt was a feeling to which he was not accustomed. One of us had to remain, or we’d lose our holdings, and you just conjure up a house!
   As he left the boat, one of the guards placed both hands upon him, which startled Dorran. “You’re clear. Continue.”
   “That seemed unnecessary, why would people from the mainland carry the disease?”
   “Standard procedure, the cleaners say that no incoming vessels may be infected.”
   “The cleaners?”
   “You’re holding up the line sir, move along.”
Dorran continued onto the dock, it looked as though it hadn’t been used in quite some time, in contrast to the cities tendencies to trade with many different nations. The dock was vast, at least eighteen furlongs in length. The city looked as lively as ever, showing no sign of the alleged “scourge” that was said to have hit it.

Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2009, 12:02:50 am »

I'm liking it so far, Jelly. No real criticism yet.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:15 am »

Indeed. Continue please.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2009, 12:45:39 am »

Wow, that story is beginning to shape up nicely Jelly. I like the main character.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:38 am »

I like how he can just decide "Ya know what? I'm done fucking talking to you, go away", and they go away!

It is amazing.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2009, 12:53:37 am »

Another chapter in, this one took an ass load of time due to laziness and me going through it all and making minor changes/straightening the lines out.

Chapter Three, The Dangerous Shortcut and Newfound Friend.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2009, 09:36:56 pm »

Mulch love it but a one point you have "Caveat" instead of "Cavecat" thats all I saw.

Penguin I know where this is going and I can't wait! Between your writing skills and my violent childhood this will be awsome.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2009, 09:57:48 pm »

I have missed my second deadline in a row. I swear I'll do something THIS week.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12