Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What kind of epic can you imagine in the potential of the coming release?  (Read 7571 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of epic can you imagine in the potential of the coming release?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 03:48:17 pm »

No one has mentioned the epic bugs what we will find in the new version? Bah!  ...Because as we all know, even the bugs are entertaining in DF.  :D

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 03:56:59 pm »

Rains of blood in evil biomes.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 04:04:31 pm »

A long wall of fortifications in front of the fortress, with hatches set into the ground behind it, each with a weapon and armor rack.  When you put your squad on duty, they all come from wherever they were gathered, scramble up out of the hatches, don their individual suits of leather armor and grab their individual crossbows and take positions evenly spread behind the wall.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
  • You do the voodoo that you do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 05:20:39 pm »

He charges.

After cleaning up the body with a quick toss into the magma river, he tends to the terrified children and kittens of his legend.

No. That would be impossible, even in a hundred years, no matter how advanced DF is. Dwarves will still be dwarves, with matching wits. There's no way a dwarf, in the presence of a magma river, would pass up the chance to toss their enemy in the magma, then jump in to wrestle them. The scenario you have here is too undwarven.

Was not expecting that. I thought you were going to completely dispute everything I said. And then, no no, he'd "jump in." And that thought is awesome, assuming he's also fire-proof. He goes back into his office, puts his weapon up, changes his clothes, and checks on the children. ON FIRE.
The voodoo that I do in this case is run down children with a helicopter, swinging away at them with a gigantic ball menacing with spikes of magnetite.

"And you can get moose silk naturally or through a botched smelter reaction." - Kagus

"Dwarf Fortress: Using waterwheels to power your pumps to power the waterwheels." - kernel

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 05:51:45 pm »

A long wall of fortifications in front of the fortress, with hatches set into the ground behind it, each with a weapon and armor rack.  When you put your squad on duty, they all come from wherever they were gathered, scramble up out of the hatches, don their individual suits of leather armor and grab their individual crossbows and take positions evenly spread behind the wall.

Now that's change we can believe in.

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
  • You do the voodoo that you do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 05:58:48 pm »

Hail Urist McBama.
The voodoo that I do in this case is run down children with a helicopter, swinging away at them with a gigantic ball menacing with spikes of magnetite.

"And you can get moose silk naturally or through a botched smelter reaction." - Kagus

"Dwarf Fortress: Using waterwheels to power your pumps to power the waterwheels." - kernel

Mikko

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:23 pm »

Hail Urist McBama.

Fried chickens.

Genetics = Different skintones?
I need my Cog McBama.

Bujold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 07:38:25 pm »

The body... it's like chasming, only with fire...  Doesn't have to mean you're fighting close to it...

Yeah, I read that part, but I was too caught up in the "what a majestic fortress!" feeling to imagine said fortress not having magma channels running down its corridors.

Was not expecting that. I thought you were going to completely dispute everything I said. And then, no no, he'd "jump in." And that thought is awesome, assuming he's also fire-proof. He goes back into his office, puts his weapon up, changes his clothes, and checks on the children. ON FIRE.

Of course. Dwarves will still believe they're fireproof but they'll probably become polite enough to avoid bumping into every object possible while ablaze.

-Hey Urist, wanna go down to the hall to get a drink?
-Naw mate, can't do. I'm on fire. I wouldn't want to ruin the booze for everybody.
And then, when you arrive at your destination, the dwarves split up and destroy anything in thier path. Kinda like locusts, but bearded and drunk.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 07:50:27 pm »

Hail Urist McBama.

Fried chickens.
What does that have to do with Urist McBama?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Mikko

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 07:52:51 am »

Hail Urist McBama.

Fried chickens.

If you don't know I won't tell you. It was a stupid racist comment I regret.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 10:33:43 am »

Hail Urist McBama.

Fried chickens.

If you don't know I won't tell you. It was a stupid racist comment I regret.
+Fried Cat Tallows+
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 12:54:59 pm »

Endless blood puddles?

Flood the world... with BLOOD
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 01:12:33 pm »

Endless blood puddles?

Flood the world... with BLOOD
Typical.

Toady gives us flowing blood, and us DF players go ahead and murder every kitten in the world.
*Tsk, Tsk, Tsk*

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 01:17:58 pm »

Typical.

Toady gives us flowing blood, and us DF players go ahead and murder every kitten in the world.
*Tsk, Tsk, Tsk*

There won't be flowing blood.  Don't confuse the newbies.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 01:33:33 pm »

Typical.

*Tsk, Tsk, Tsk*

There won't be flowing blood.  Don't confuse the newbies.
I do believe I confused myself.
VIVA IGNORANCE!

*Goes off to play "Kolbold Town"*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5