Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alarm  (Read 909 times)

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Alarm
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:39:00 pm »

This is a suggestion for adventure mode. I think that opposing guards should sound the alarm when they spot you, and all guards on that level and a bit under should hear the alert and all come towards you. This would be fun and make finding kobold sword masters or bosses much easier as they come to you instead. There would be a radius to how far that alarm sounds, and around each guard that hears it. Distant guards shout the alarm to more guards when they hear it.

Imagine the goblin piles and epic tales.

[ April 14, 2008: Message edited by: Richards ]

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:27:00 am »

Many tales would end with you turning into a pincushion though.
Don't human guards already do something like this? I could swear I've been spotted by like a shopkeeper in his shop, killed him, then as I leave guards and peasants run into the shop.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 04:49:00 am »

Well, after a guard trips the alarm, you can kill him quickly, and slip away to an isolated side passage and begin sneaking.  As the guards approach, pelt them from a distance with deadly clumps of dirt.

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

You're probably right on Align, and now that I think of it more you're correct about them already doing it, just not to the extent I spoke of. Thanks for the reply.

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Richards ]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 07:40:00 pm »

Implement it in caves as well, so we don't have to spend years searching for that bloody minotaur.