Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 218287 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2009, 05:06:04 pm »

I am making a poem about dwarf fortress for a poetry project.

I shall call it.... the ballad of Tatlosgeshak (fishbait)
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2009, 05:23:44 pm »

I am making a poem about dwarf fortress for a poetry project.

I shall call it.... the ballad of Tatlosgeshak (fishbait)
Good luck with that, you'd probably need to use some non dwarf words because they don't have many important words needed for speech.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »

... I'm going to petition for the school boilers to be replaced with magma run machinery.

... Whenever I want to draw something I have a strange tendency to color all over the walls and floors.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2009, 06:11:21 pm »

- i engraved a picture of myself in my bedroom, engraving a picture on my wall.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2009, 07:39:48 pm »

I'm tempted to engrave a picture of him engraving a picture of himself engraving on his wall on my wall.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2009, 08:11:57 pm »

I'm tempted to engrave a picture of him engraving a picture of himself engraving on his wall on my wall.
And I will engrave him, engraving him, that's engraving him, who's engraving HIMSELF engraving a wall, on my wall, so that it is forever known that he engraved.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2009, 08:23:13 pm »

And I will engrave him, engraving him, that's engraving him, who's engraving HIMSELF engraving a wall, on my wall, so that it is forever known that he engraved.
Impressive, the most I've done is engrave a picture of a wall on my wall.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Playbahnosh

• Bay Watcher
  • The Peacemaker
    • View Profile
    • PC Dome
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »

I dream of making an emulator program to convince DF that an IBM blade server is really just one massive processor so I can build 16x16 area tile forts.

When you complete it, please pass me the code! I'll turn the university mainframe into a mega-fortress running monolith! :D
"We do it on the stove. It's nice to have hot sex for once...and fries"

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2009, 08:07:48 pm »

I dream of making an emulator program to convince DF that an IBM blade server is really just one massive processor so I can build 16x16 area tile forts.

When you complete it, please pass me the code! I'll turn the university mainframe into a mega-fortress running monolith! :D
Oh the horrors when Toady makes DF multithread. Oh the horrors...!
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2009, 10:39:40 pm »

Oh the horrors when Toady makes DF multithread. Oh the horrors...!

Hell would be sooo good!!!, i wonder if there is an emulator wich would make DF multi-coring possible.

A program wich let you open a program within himself ( this case DF )
The program monitor Df inside himself and share DF cpu access between both core, im not sure if somone understand what i try to explain but that would be awesome no?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DF get embeded in the program and the program access both core to make calculation and DF DONT get access to cpu
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Viroath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2009, 11:02:01 pm »

You are thinking of something like DOSBox, able to act as a unique system with mutable system resources.  So while the emulator could be multithreaded across different processors, all that power would be read as one processor within the emulator, so DF would run on that alone.

And I don't know if there is one like that now, but I think that someone might make one now...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2009, 02:03:44 am »

Dosbox is actualy the best example somone could throw in, and yep it perfectly describe what i tried to say :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2009, 01:06:59 pm »

But I repeat: Multicore DF. Oh the horrors. 1k population = Mordor style invasion...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2009, 01:55:52 pm »

See now, I think that "Mithril" is actually just "Adamantine", but just a different name.

Oh yes.

[...] if mithril isn't being enforced or is unenforceable, then I might just do it that way.  Does somebody have an email for the Tolkien estate?  I could just ask them which words they are claiming.

That said, I can change it to adamant/adamantine, which has way older roots.  For instance, "In Greek mythology, Cronus uses an adamantine sickle to castrate his father, the Titan Uranus."

JoystickHero

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:tileset]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2009, 02:17:17 pm »

...in my D&D games, dwarves are the ones who make tons of traps.

See now, I think that "Mithril" is actually just "Adamantine", but just a different name.
I prefer Mithril as Steel + Aluminum.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:19:33 pm by JoystickHero »
JoystickHero's Capital Tileset (Simple. Clean. 16x16)
Quote from: Moosey
Really?  You passed up an opportunity to say "Urist McNugget"?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 69