Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 218271 times)

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:11 am »

...I've learned that true motherly love involves tenderly puking into your baby's upturned face, because real parents NEVER set their kids down, even if the sun DOES cause uncontrollable nausea.

...I've realized that the concept of "acceptable losses" is a perfectly acceptable part of the construction industry, and all those hippies at OSHA whining about "safety procedures" and "workplace exposure to hazardous materials" just don't want the megaproject completed.

...I now understand that since there's a waterfall in my dining room, the death of my entire family in the recent flood is irrelevant.

...I know you can vote the bastards out, but it's better to just lock the doors in your Congressman's house and let him starve to death if you don't like the job he's doing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:12:27 am by Bromor Neckbeard »

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 01:29:40 am »

... I've learned that is okay to have a foreigner ( guy got left behind ) attack a baby in the central plaza, just as long as someone shoots the berserk dick from stealing the baby's barrel.

... I've also learned that nausea is a state of mind, and therefore, you can ignore the dead demon/visitor/friends/animal bodies that are hauled into the central plaza, and are left to rot, because I forget to designate a butchery.

... I think people aren't living to their potential, this include Stephen Hawkins, Albert Eistien ( The speed of light ISN'T FUCKING CONSTANT ) , famous impressionists ( blots of paint, and tendrils of metal, wow ) , Sarah ( can run the mile at 4 minutes ) , town drunk ( can get more drunk ) , our bodies ( 10% of all muscles are at work, and only 10% and below of the brain is at work ( below = in the zone ) ) , the US Gov't ( currently edging towards totalitarianism, it is in plain sight dumbasses, and are trying to get our gold and other valuable elements before the Dollar collapses, if it does ) ...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:36:31 am by Foa »

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 05:07:14 am »

...I have adopted the nickname "BarbedPlanks"
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Zander J

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 11:39:16 am »

...I call myself Rith Tongstattoo the Ill Savior of Rims.
Quote from: Toady One on January 21, 2012, 09:22:43 pm

Dwarves are still stupid.

Tsktac

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the fish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 11:48:22 am »

... Tsktac cancels tubing:carp.
... I dream in ascii (this is fun to remember ;D).
... I daydream about finding lifes raw files (Imagine humans with [speed:1] or [FLIER]).
... I wonder what dog tastes like (Not like a pet dog... those aren't butcherable).
... In national parks I wonder why the trees aren't named ragednickels the abbey of sunlight.
... When my freind talks about runescape I can't get past the unlimited iron rocks, the trees that grow back in like 2 minutes, the lack of flux, fishing without fear of carp, and how somehow I like dwarf fortress' graphics better ;D.
edit:spelling
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:50:18 am by Tsktac »

Jinkii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 01:21:50 pm »

...The horrific and sudden deaths of everyone i ever knew matters little if there is a well made table in my home.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 02:08:59 pm »

... I think people aren't living to their potential, this include Stephen Hawkins, Albert Eistien ( The speed of light ISN'T FUCKING CONSTANT ) , famous impressionists ( blots of paint, and tendrils of metal, wow ) , Sarah ( can run the mile at 4 minutes ) , town drunk ( can get more drunk ) , our bodies ( 10% of all muscles are at work, and only 10% and below of the brain is at work ( below = in the zone ) ) , the US Gov't ( currently edging towards totalitarianism, it is in plain sight dumbasses, and are trying to get our gold and other valuable elements before the Dollar collapses, if it does ) ...
Wow... calm down man. Do we have to give you the needle again?

anomaly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 02:34:40 pm »

... I've learned that is okay to have a foreigner ( guy got left behind ) attack a baby in the central plaza, just as long as someone shoots the berserk dick from stealing the baby's barrel.

... I've also learned that nausea is a state of mind, and therefore, you can ignore the dead demon/visitor/friends/animal bodies that are hauled into the central plaza, and are left to rot, because I forget to designate a butchery.

whatever 'potential' means.  here we are, playing dwarf fort...

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 03:17:29 pm »

You have made up a defensive plan for your town, that includes nessecary supplies, cost, and plans for underground mines, halls, bedrooms, ect.

You have every used the line HOLY GOD OF CARP, to show extreme fear...
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 04:26:57 pm »

I just killed my brother to make this really cool totem.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 04:59:49 pm »

I made bluepprints for magma and water traps for in my garden and proceeded to dig them out.
Since I can't fight goblins, elves or humans, I'll just collapse mountains.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 05:13:08 pm »

You have made up a defensive plan for your town, that includes nessecary supplies, cost, and plans for underground mines, halls, bedrooms, ect.

You have every used the line HOLY GOD OF CARP, to show extreme fear...
Oh god I'm so guilty.
I'm also mortally afraid of THIS symbol:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Emperor Iones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 06:41:07 pm »

I insist that Obsidian chairs can be made.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 06:56:15 pm »

I insist that Obsidian chairs can be made.
I insist chalk doors can be made.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 09:47:35 pm »

...I write "Fish" instead of "α".
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69