Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 215615 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2009, 11:13:39 pm »

... I assess the defensive abilities of any building or land that I see. I then think of what I can add other than magma to make it better.

... I've gained a lot of new mental habits, like when someone has a problem I think "Apply magma", when discussing the poor state of the U.S. government I think "Build a retractable bridge with magma under it under the whitehouse" then I worry about the Hammerer/FBI and don't ever say it. When I see a cat I estimate how many =cat bone bolts= and +cat biscuits+ I can get out of it. When I go fishing, I stand at least 10ft away from the water if there are gars/carp/sturgeons in there.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2009, 11:47:23 pm »

...goblins are a waste of space. As already stated, the only goblins I'm afriad of are the ones with crossbows.

...I learned that miners make the best militia...
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2009, 05:47:17 am »

I saw these pictures and immediately thought of Dwarf Fortress:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2009, 12:05:50 pm »

...I evaluate the siege defenses of any home I stay in.  Current one is the best, an apartment on top of a movie theater, with a locked gate at ground level as the only entrance.  The stairs/walkway leave a lot of room for firing opportunities and there are two possible backup cutoff points.  Now if I could just get the landlady to allow me to install that drawbridge and magma cannon, we'd be in good shape.
Your apartment has magma? Nice.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2009, 12:20:25 pm »

...I evaluate the siege defenses of any home I stay in.  Current one is the best, an apartment on top of a movie theater, with a locked gate at ground level as the only entrance.  The stairs/walkway leave a lot of room for firing opportunities and there are two possible backup cutoff points.  Now if I could just get the landlady to allow me to install that drawbridge and magma cannon, we'd be in good shape.
Your apartment has magma? Nice.

Yeah, gas is for fags. The homme of today uses magma!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2009, 05:57:50 pm »

Thanks to Legend of Zelda, I am now curious to see if I can turn the elves into a society of Links.

...Wait, I got the topic backwards.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »

...Animals are modable. But beware the skeletal ones...
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2009, 08:35:05 pm »

thx to dwarf fortress i have realized legolas is the only ass kicking elf i like. i mean seriously!!!!

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17:37 pm »

,,,, My girlfriend has to put with me referring to my gentiles as the "Pick Shrine the Altar of Whores".

When that name was generated, I took a screen shot it was so awesome.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2009, 10:10:51 pm »

^ Altar isn't in the Dwarven vocabulary. Unless you're using a custom wordpack.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2009, 06:31:01 am »

... I think people aren't living to their potential, this include Stephen Hawkins, Albert Eistien ( The speed of light ISN'T FUCKING CONSTANT )
Wow... calm down man. Do we have to give you the needle again?

I think i'll trust someone who can spell Einstein rather than this pillock. Like Einstein or Hawkings.  ;D

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2009, 06:46:53 am »

... I think people aren't living to their potential, this include Stephen Hawkins, Albert Eistien ( The speed of light ISN'T FUCKING CONSTANT )

I think i'll trust someone who can spell Einstein rather than this pillock. Like Einstein or Hawkings.  ;D

Plus, the speed of light in a vaccuum most certainly is constant.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2009, 08:20:18 am »

- I don't go near rivers or ponds without a crossbow
- I scream and run when I see elephants
- I carry a hammer so I can deliver Fair Justice on anyone who fails my mandates
- I randomly ignite trees and shrubs near human settlements
- I demand meetings with the Mayor for lack of work
- I worry about the lack of immigrants caused by poor government
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:22:45 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2009, 08:22:20 am »

Psst. It's "Hawking".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2009, 02:37:32 am »

Psst. It's "Hawking".

...I think that just might be the joke.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 69