Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69

Author Topic: Because of Dwarf Fortress...  (Read 215605 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Because of Dwarf Fortress...
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2009, 08:38:46 pm »

...doesn't get racism. I mean come on they just have a different profession.
Precisely, and who has a higher mortality rate in your fortresses, cheese-makers or insert-job-here?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2009, 08:43:44 pm »

Precisely, and who has a higher mortality rate in your fortresses, cheese-makers or insert-job-here?
Cheese makers have almost zero mortality rate in my fortresses; by the time they die they're wrestlers, swordsdwarves or similar.

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2009, 10:50:58 pm »

... I bought a new laptop.  With a NUMBER PAD!!
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2009, 02:24:48 am »

Cheese makers have almost zero mortality rate in my fortresses; by the time they die they're wrestlers, swordsdwarves or similar.

Exactly, it's the soap makers who die the most.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2009, 02:46:12 am »

Nah, same thing happens to them, except on the rare occasions when i decide to build a road out of soap.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2009, 08:34:05 am »

Nah, same thing happens to them, except on the rare occasions when i decide to build a road out of soap.
So not only are you racist against... whatever color cheese/soap makers are, you draft them!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Kietharr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2009, 09:58:57 am »

... I now procrastinate by reading geology articles on Wikipedia. And find them interesting.

I have done this too. I want to make a house out of microline IRL.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:47 pm »

Today, in my Astronomy class, the teacher was showing a History Channel thing about extraterrestrial colonization. The video started talking about the hostile conditions of Jupiter's moon Io, and how it has like 430 active volcanoes. I was thinking that aside from the temperature and poisonous atmosphere, it would be a really nice place to embark, especially with the (solid?) iron core.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2009, 06:11:56 pm »

So not only are you racist against... whatever color cheese/soap makers are, you draft them!
It isn't rasism, it rascism if you put a race down, not a proffession, it's just that cheese makers don't do jack shit.

it turns out the fish you should be afraid of in real life is the hell fiends of South America, are the cat fish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

Thank you for your kind support.
Our Manifesto begins like carp; we generally drag people into rivers and drown them and so on, once the dwarfs have crossbows though we unlease our secret weapon.
Taking up the second part of our name to heart we impliment the =catfishsplosion=, that's right, after killing your dwarves we go for the fps...
You are of many kinds in the South American rivers.
There are those tiny catfish that have been known to eat human inside out ( only leaving bullet sized holes in the skin ) .And then there are the giant catfish, that can in any proportion swallow teenagers whole, and succumb to weeks on satiation.
There are many kinds of catfish, but most of the ones that can kill you, can also keep you in the water, or drag you into the water.

... I find "regular", "mainstream" or "big budgets" games to be awfully uninspiring, poor and lazy.

... I played my first ASCII game.

... I'm trying to get a CC or Paypal account so I can donate.

... I'm actually working on a full-blown mod for a game, a first-time-occurance.

... I developped an interest in Geology.

... I sigh aloud when confronted with my poor beard-growing-skills.

... I'm trying to get a CC or Paypal account so I can donate.

... I'm actually working on a full-blown mod for a game, a first-time-occurance.
I think in term of z-level rather than floor or storey. Don't laugh, this is real.
Same here

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:16:26 pm by Foa »

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »

Because of this topic, I am now afraid of catfish.

Because of Dwarf Fortress, I learned that there's a lot of kinds of metal that are not good for making swords out of. Like lead.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

-Whenever i see violence i think "what would a dwarf do?"
-dwarfly is way manlier than manly
-fluffy wambler's manage to get inside my fridge by distracting me with there furryness
-cant leave a hole without throwing up
-I beat up elf's and then burn all there wooden objects in front of them
-Realized i can take out anything with one shot to the head with a wooden arrow (even a Buffed Dragon)
-Seige is another word for "interruption
-i dream of playing as a dwarf in some of my forts
-water can ruin your intire day
- everytime someone has a problem i tell them "when in doubt, Magma"
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2009, 09:42:43 am »

-Realized i can take out anything with one shot to the head with a wooden arrow (even a Buffed Dragon)
Well lets see how you like an arrow sticking out of your brain, dragon or not!

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2009, 10:38:28 am »

Well lets see how you like an arrow sticking out of your brain, dragon or not!
And out of your both eyes and ears!
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2009, 04:58:46 pm »

"when in doubt, Magma"

I'm sigging this. Now.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2009, 03:51:04 pm »

huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69