Finally... > Life Advice

Strange Malware

(1/6) > >>

Ioric Kittencuddler:
I've gotten this strange malware on my computer that keeps trying to get me to download a fake malware cleaning tool.

It's made a weird little red icon with a white X in my taskbar's running processes that keeps saying, "Your computer is infected!  It is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool."

And now it's replaced my desktop background with an image saying "Warning!" in flashing red and yellow, then "Dangerous Spyware" in white.  It's actually hard to read the warning since one of the things the malware program did was make all the text under my icons have a solid background.  ::)

It says something about being careful that you valueble information doesn't fall into "the third hands"...  ???

Cheeetar:
Does it do anything else? It sounds like a joke virus.

inaluct:
Shit, you should be worried. The Third Hands are a secretive group of hacker terrorists on steroids based in Ukraine. They were the ones responsible for that 2002 Moscow theater hostage crisis. They probably know where you live by now.

If I were you, I'd be very worried.

Ioric Kittencuddler:
I cleaned it with a real malware cleaning program. :P

Now I just have to worry about the little weird virus I got that disables on access scan for McAfee at start up.  Course for now all I have to do is enable it again, but it's still annoying.

Flashzom:
Usually the end process tab and Avast will take care of anything, it's like a one two punch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version