Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 60794 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 1 is Over!) [Sign Up Now!]
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2009, 11:22:41 pm »

How about an Engraver? He can inspect one person a night, and the result is automatically posted in the Beginning of Day post?

There would be a lot of risk, because if you accidentally made an engraving of let's say, the Child, the elves would be all over it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2009, 11:40:28 pm »

Hmm... that's a pretty good idea, because it's fair to both sides. Except that then the Elves lose more from that because the Guard knows who to protect and the Surgeon will be all over that.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2009, 11:45:49 pm »

Well, once the Engraver engraves more than a few people, someone will invariably be left uncovered.

Someone who everybody can now trust.

And then the pointy ears will make their move.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2009, 11:48:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure the Child and the Sheriff had a good tag team in the last game. They'll probably do the same in most games, so I think giving them more uncovering abilities might be a little harder for the Elves. Unless there's more players, but there's still only 16.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2009, 11:56:40 pm »

How about a new protector role? The mechanic can build a trap outside of any dwarfs/elves room for the night to protect that player.  If any night actions are taken out on that dwarf then the trap will kill him/her. This will kill both elves trying to attack the player and other dwarves trying to inspect or guard that player.
An alternative way that you could make it work is as a night killing type roll. The mechanic can build a trap outside of a players bedroom  to kill that player if he/she leaves the room (makes a night action). A stunted hammerer type roll if you will.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2009, 11:59:12 pm »

How about a new protector role? The mechanic can build a trap outside of any dwarfs/elves room for the night to protect that player.  If any night actions are taken out on that dwarf then the trap will kill him/her. This will kill both elves trying to attack the player and other dwarves trying to inspect or guard that player.
An alternative way that you could make it work is as a night killing type roll. The mechanic can build a trap outside of a players bedroom  to kill that player if he/she leaves the room (makes a night action). A stunted hammerer type roll if you will.
I like. 'Mechanic' shall be added.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2009, 01:16:46 am »

Mechanic: Maybe just a roleblocker? As the second one is, he's like a super-vigilante - one who'll never kill an ordinary innocent.

Also, the big deal last game was that someone realized the Child could be used as an extra Sheriff. We established our mutual innocence early and developed a powerful core group of confirmed innocents and the elves were basically screwed from there out.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2009, 01:19:53 am »

Okay, roleblock it shall be. I did forget that it wouldn't kill a normal innocent.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2009, 03:23:00 am »

Also, the big deal last game was that someone realized the Child could be used as an extra Sheriff. We established our mutual innocence early and developed a powerful core group of confirmed innocents and the elves were basically screwed from there out.

That would have been mute if you didn't get protected in the first round :) but good work to the town, you didn't get a lynch wrong, even if the traitor lynch was accidental.

Can I suggest you don't allow private messages though (other than things like mafia, masons and lovers), it's much harder for the elves when they don't know who trusts who. And it would means that any sheriff/child like combo would have to risk the elves knowing who you are.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2009, 03:32:18 am »

I agree, PMs should be restricted.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2009, 03:57:04 am »

Who was the traitor, anway? I remember our first kill was on Org, when he drew attention to himself by accusing me and I investigated him....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2009, 04:03:02 am »

I'll sign up for round two

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2009, 04:15:16 am »

Who was the traitor, anway? I remember our first kill was on Org, when he drew attention to himself by accusing me and I investigated him....

Zaithemaster was the traitor, the Duke was meant to protect him :(

Who was the doctor btw, it always bugged me that you were protected Pandarsenic and so I basically couldn't bump you off.

Can I also request dead players don't make comments with game related info :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2009, 04:21:26 am »

Martian was the surgeon.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2009, 09:40:52 am »

The funny thing is that Shades was being protected by the Surgeon from Night 2 to Night 5.

And yes, Zaithemaster was the Traitor, but I thought I'd make Traitor and Woodcrafter (NUKE9.13) secret roles not shown on death, but maybe I'll fix that for next game, since Druids convert on death.

And when inaluct and Org were arguing on Day 2? That was the Friendly Guard arguing with the Grudged Elf. I thought it was very fitting.

EDIT: Also, no PMs you think, except those with an ability to talk through PMs?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:45:36 am by webadict »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43