Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 60226 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Night 3)
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2009, 04:38:23 pm »

Wait, no it wouldn't! Child checks STATEMENTS, not PEOPLE!

How could he be dead!?
A person makes a statement. Simple as that.
Interpreting truth of a statement shouldn't be grounds for the Hammerer backlash, though; he targets the statement, not the actual person.
I can see what you mean, but the Child's ability relies on social skills. And the hammerer is really edgy. This is kind of a test round.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2009, 05:18:15 pm »

>:(
Eh?
Eh!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2009, 05:25:57 pm »

Yeah... I agree that the child checking the hammerer shouldn't result in the hammerer killing the child. But it's a bit late to change it anyway, as now both the dwarves and elves know that he's the child.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:15 pm »

Pity he wasn't part of the Grov collective. Although I doubt Grov could tell if someone was lying.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2009, 06:09:46 pm »

A scream echoes down a nearby tunnel. The body of a Child, qwertyuiopas, is found, with his head hammered to pulp!

Ooops.  Well kids, this is why you don't mess with the hammerer.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2009, 07:24:20 pm »

Yeah... I agree that the child checking the hammerer shouldn't result in the hammerer killing the child. But it's a bit late to change it anyway, as now both the dwarves and elves know that he's the child.
No Dwarf nor Elf is immune to the Hammerer. Except the Druid, but that is all that he is immune to.

The Child's ability is the same as any other ability. The Child can gather information based on a player's actions. These actions are speaking instead of targets, roles or race. I suppose I should've made that a bit clearer, since there is a lot of confusion... Well, I'll need to fix a couple of things in the info page.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:59 am »

Another day begins and another dwarf is found dead. The body of penguinofhonor, Lover and Hunter, is found. His thraot is filled with dirt.

It is now Day 4.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 4)
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:15 am »

Okay, did anyone get any information on this one?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:43 am »

I know that I got killed by an elf. That's all. And we already know that, so I'm no help.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2009, 12:43:57 am »

Well, penguin hasn't talked that much, so he could just be an easy kill. He also stated that Martians wasn't an elf, and voted for a1s.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2009, 01:31:07 am »

Well, that sucks. Anyone have any theories? I've been reading through, but I'm not seeing anything obvious. Of course, I'm also dead tired, so I may see something tomorrow morning when I'm actually awake.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2009, 05:41:47 am »

1. A_Fey_Dwarf
2. Pandarsenic
3. Karlito
5. inaluct
6. NUKE9.13
7. Zaithemaster
10. Cheeetar
11. Shades
12. Martian
14. Mephansteras

As far as I can tell these are the players still alive, a some of them haven't said much which worries me and there are only three other than me that I trust to be dwarfs right now. But I'm assuming there is only one or two elves left so we have a few days to get it right.

If anyone has any leads it's a good time to come forward with them though.

My suspicions are mostly on Nuke right now but only because he's not posted since night one so might be laying low, and that to me isn't enough of a reason to vote for him.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2009, 05:44:55 am »

Nuke, Mephansteras, Zaithemaster. I'm saying this off the top of my head, but those are the suspicions I have at the moment.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2009, 05:58:31 pm »

That's funny, Mephansteras is also someone I suspect.  He didn't take the pledge of dwarfiness, and everyone else who didn't take the pledge either was an elf or was killed by elves.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2009, 06:48:16 pm »

Well, I'm definitely not an elf. I didn't take the pledge because things started to get pretty weird with Org around that time, and jumping on the bandwagon at that point seemed counterproductive.

Might as well expose who I am, since my power isn't one the elves are going to care about that much and it's provable.

I'm the Duke. I can stop anyone from being hung (other than myself). The person with the next greatest number of votes will be hung instead.

I'm perfectly happy to prove this, if people wish me to spare someone. Obviously, you shouldn't pick someone that you DON'T suspect at all for this test, since there is always the possibility that I'm an elf and lying and you don't want to risk a known dwarf for that.

If I'm telling the truth, you'll have narrowed the suspect list by two (myself and whomever is dead). If I'm lying, you'll have a guaranteed elf death the next day.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43