Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: National LCS  (Read 17454 times)

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 06:23:57 pm »

You can start by driving or taking the train to other regions of the USA.

Actually, it would make a lot more sense for Liberal Terrorists to travel via car.

After 9/11, all mass transit is observed, with air travel being impossible for anybody wanted.

But, if you just drive from one region to another, you can take all the guns you want, and might not run into a single cop the whole way.  Keeping to backroads, it probably take 20 hours of driving before you even see a Cop Car, and most drivers can easily avoid getting pulled over.  Of course, that would be modified by Police Regulations.  In an Arch-Conservative society, expect to get pulled over just for "lookin' funny".
Heck. Get a sleeper at the local freight yard and have him point you towards an empty hopper. Not a really fast or comfortable way to travel, but it is cheap and discreet.

As for small-plane theft, just grab one on at the local airport and ditch in some secluded gully like the Columbian coke smugglers used to do in the 1980's. Most small airports still have almost no security (a single manager with a shotgun, maybe), and most small planes don't have much in the way of anti-theft devises.

Of course, it should go without saying that trying to land on an unmarked runway would be difficult in good conditions and suicidal in bad conditions unless you're an experienced bush pilot.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:30:09 pm by Ciarog »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2009, 12:20:04 pm »

Haven't you read the LCS manual?

Resurrection is a Conservative notion! :D

Seriously, it would be fun to see the National LCS implemented, in any way.  So, it's not gonna bother me if the LCS steals a submarine to travel.

Still, here's three points on the issue of travelling via car vs. train vs. plane:

Trains: They're watched.  All of them.  But I can't say to what degree, as I haven't worked at a railyard.

Planes: Sorry, we don't live in the wonderful time of the 1980's any more, we live in 2009.  But, I suppose the best route would be to have the LCS charter a flight like the drug dealers.

Cars: When I posted that, it was based on 2008 cops sightings, when there were few police officers on the road.  These days, they're swarming the roads.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2009, 12:31:10 pm »

Washington DC in particular could have special locations and special actions associated with it.
pentagon!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2009, 03:34:14 pm »

Washington DC in particular could have special locations and special actions associated with it.
pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2009, 03:55:38 pm »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2009, 03:57:53 pm »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!
Dude. We were playing a game. We wanted to see how long somebody mentions the white house.

Anyway, Valve headquarters!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2009, 03:58:16 pm »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!
Though not *in* DC per say...
Arlington Cemetary!
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2009, 03:59:17 pm »

The Washington Monument!
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2009, 04:52:25 pm »

Haven't you read the LCS manual?

Resurrection is a Conservative notion! :D

Seriously, it would be fun to see the National LCS implemented, in any way.  So, it's not gonna bother me if the LCS steals a submarine to travel.

Still, here's three points on the issue of travelling via car vs. train vs. plane:

Trains: They're watched.  All of them.  But I can't say to what degree, as I haven't worked at a railyard.

Planes: Sorry, we don't live in the wonderful time of the 1980's any more, we live in 2009.  But, I suppose the best route would be to have the LCS charter a flight like the drug dealers.

Cars: When I posted that, it was based on 2008 cops sightings, when there were few police officers on the road.  These days, they're swarming the roads.
It has been awhile since I been to either a rail yard or a airport. Used to spend quite a bit of time at the latter as a teenager, and the most formidable security they had was a chain-link fence to keep coyotes and deer off the runway. There were nonethess several cases each year of a critter getting through the fence, but no plane impacts that I know of.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2009, 12:31:53 am »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!
Dude. We were playing a game. We wanted to see how long somebody mentions the white house.

Valve Headquarters is in Bellevue, Washington -- the State of Washington, as opposed to the city. That's where I live. Opposite end of the country. ;)

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2009, 01:13:02 am »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!

Valve Headquarters is in Bellevue, Washington -- the State of Washington, as opposed to the city. That's where I live. Opposite end of the country. ;)
Hmm...

If I ever do anything crazy like this, can I crash at your place?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2009, 02:21:00 am »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!

What? Damn. I need to check my facts.

Fine then. Bethesda softworks!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2009, 10:01:51 pm »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!

Hmm...

Wow, they have got to implement something like that article into the game!

A former cop rides across the USA arguing for the legalization of pot, and his horse wrote a memoir!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2009, 10:15:21 am »

pentagon!!
Capitol hill!
The White House!

Hmm...

Wow, they have got to implement something like that article into the game!

A former cop rides across the USA arguing for the legalization of pot, and his horse wrote a memoir!
The Roman Emperor CALIGVLA [Caligula] had his horse Canonized and put on the Senate.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2009, 07:51:51 pm »

The Roman Emperor CALIGVLA [Caligula] had his horse Canonized and put on the Senate.
For some reason, they had a man speak at my elementary school who's dog ran for president and wrote a book about it.

Can't beleive I still remember that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7