Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Human Fortress: How to get screw pumps?

(1/3) > >>

Gimmick Account:
As a fun experiment, I modded Humans to be playable in Fortress Mode and settled them in a coastal (saltwater) area, thinking I'd be able to create a drinkable reservoir by sending water through a screw pump. Too bad it turned out that humans couldn't build any trap components! At first I tried messing around with the raws, but apparently that doesn't work with active games, or maybe I'm just stupid.

My next plan was to order an enormous corkscrew from the next Dwarven caravan. That didn't work out either, since they didn't have any trap components for sale. They DID have a suspicious amount of supersized weapons, unfit for Dwarven handling but perfectly usable by Humans. I guess the game currently treats every 'Dwarven' civilization as 'your' civilization, since in unmodded games the two are indeed the same.

With my options exhausted, I turn to you. How do I obtain enourmous corkscrews for my pumping scheme? Is there a utility that can cheat them into existence? Anything??

Duke 2.0:

--- Code: --- [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW]
--- End code ---
In entity default?

If that doesn't work, then you would have to wait for traders to provide you with the required pumps. If that doesn't work, just make a reaction. I'm unsure how to do that exactly, but i remember it is possible to make reactions for every object to be made at no quality.

Gimmick Account:

--- Quote from: Duke 2.0 on February 14, 2009, 07:57:18 am ---
--- Code: --- [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW]
--- End code ---
In entity default?

If that doesn't work, then you would have to wait for traders to provide you with the required pumps. If that doesn't work, just make a reaction. I'm unsure how to do that exactly, but i remember it is possible to make reactions for every object to be made at no quality.

--- End quote ---

Uh, the first two options not working is pretty much what this thread is about.

I guess I could try the reaction method, but as raw file manipulation didn't seem to have any effect on my ongoing game, I don't have high hopes for that. Damn.

Flaede:
If I remember rightly, it is believed that the ENtity Raws are onbe of the things that cannot be changed effectively midgame. you can alter existing creatures/reactions but not entities.

woose1:
 :P
I bet you all that Yanlin will come. And when he does...
...Ohoho.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version