Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Are buildings hard coded?

(1/2) > >>

Corpsmaker:
I'm curious after looking through the RAW's as to wether or not buildings, and their productions are hardcoded? The reason I ask is that I'm looking at making another race, or atleast adapting one of the current races to be playable and want them to be able to produce bows at the bowyer, rather than xbows, and various other little bits like that.

I also presume skills are hardcoded, so my bow using race would need to have it tacked onto the xbow skill? How would that effect the weapon screen in military, does ordering them to take an xbow translate to them taking a bow and must the same be done for any changes like that (adding glaives as well as spears etc)?

Thanks for any help :)

profit:
Almost all are.

For some reason the smelter is not.

Warlord255:

--- Quote from: profit on February 16, 2009, 11:16:51 pm ---Almost all are.

For some reason the smelter is not.

--- End quote ---

The reaction raws allow one to add new reactions at the smelter.

Come next version, some other workshops - at the bare minimum, the Alchemist's Laboratory and Tanner's Shop - will be open for similar additions. I've heard rumors about other workshops, like millstones, but I'm waiting for confirmation on that.

Corpsmaker:
Ahh ok fair enough, I presume then any and all new items I make requre a smelter and the smelting skill to produce?

Warlord255:

--- Quote from: Corpsmaker on February 17, 2009, 12:08:48 am ---Ahh ok fair enough, I presume then any and all new items I make requre a smelter and the smelting skill to produce?

--- End quote ---

Correct. However, be forewarned that since the current reactions aren't crafting equations, they do not benefit in any way from skill/experience. So, no masterwork coal for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version