Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Key Bindings?  (Read 1194 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Changing Key Bindings?
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:08:04 pm »

I've got a laptop, and it's the only computer I have access to.  The problem comes when I play LCS and try to use pg up and pg dw.  It doesn't work.  I have a pg up key, and a pg dw key, and both seem to work in word, firefox, and basically every other program.  But not for LCS; I hit them, and nothing happens.  I've also tried turning off numlock for my numpad (yes, my laptop has a numpad) and using 3 and 9, which should go with pg dw and pg up respectively.  This fails to work as well.  Is there any way I can change the key bindings to have another key perform the same function?

EDIT: That's what I get for not playing with the latest version.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:19:19 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Changing Key Bindings?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:51 pm »

There's a file in the directory LCS starts in that allows you to change the page up/page down keys to brackets or back, for precisely this reason -- page up and page down don't really work well for lots of people, including myself. In the later versions, you can actually pick a third keyset that is designed to be used with the AZERTY keyboard layout too.