Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Prison  (Read 3925 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Prison
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:06:16 am »

How about simulating prison? So far it's just a wait. That is boring. Prison has entertainment values. What if your founder gets assauled? will he assault back? Will he run to the COs? Will he enjoy being turned into a prison bitch? Will he drop the soap of purpose?

Or would he run the LCS from prison. He would smuggle his orders out. Smuggle supplies in.

Or even create a breakout in prison. By amassing all the liberal prisoners to reject their current reality and substitute a liberal one! Just a mean to an end...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:27:23 pm »

Will he enjoy being turned into a prison bitch? Will he drop the soap of purpose?

ahahahahahahahhahaha rape is funny.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:28:07 pm »

At the very least, I could see the liberals acting as sleepers at the prison, in that they should turn to public against the death sentence.

After all, who wants to kill that nice Mr. McLiberal?

Also, based on the message about "mental scarring", I always thought it would make sense if Liberals who went to prison risked getting wisdom.  They could even become CCS sleepers.  After all, if I can turn a CCS Vigilante into a sleeper in 60 days, why can't the CCS turn our guys given enough time?

Finally, rape isn't funny.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:36:52 pm »

60 days? What the hell have you been doing? Did you give him Conservative literature or something?

I agree that there should be a risk of gaining wisdom, but you should also potentially gain skills from your trip to prison. Knife, stealth, theft, business, street survival come to mind. It's well known that prisons tend to be the best educational facilities for criminals during Conservative rule (ie: Punitive rather than corrective)..

Rape isn't funny. But you can joke about it.

Five points to whoever gets the reference. May the Sun be with him.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:00:10 pm »

Even corrective prisons are great educators, if not as great. Lets face it, you have hundreds of criminals in jail for crimes ranging from fraud (business skill) to assault (weapons) to drugs (cooking street sense) to theft (security). Also, there isn't much to do, so you pretty much are either reading, pumping iron, or, if your really lucky, sex. So I could even see stat gains for str, int, and cha being semi reasonable during a long (+5 year) stay.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:52:09 am »

sex.

You don't have to be lucky... All you have to do is say yes.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:08:43 am »

sex.

You don't have to be lucky... All you have to do is say yes.

Look can we can the rape jokes? (and yes you can say yes and it still be Rape)

I do agree that the Prison does need an expansion over what actually goes on in there.

The issue with making prison another aspect of gameplay is the length in which people can be imprisoned for. Some people have been sent to jail for longer then the earth could survive for. playing 50 years of jail could get dull (Though I guess it could last until you are killed or escape)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:28:05 pm »

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Besides, a feature to skip to next event would be handy.

WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 12:43:32 pm »

I'm a little hazy on what a simulation of prison would look like. At the most simple level, it could be a message once you're out indicating a list of some random events that occurred, based on the character's abilities and time in prison, and mentioning any resultant changes to your character's juice, stats, and skills. Something more complicated could be a "Meanwhile, in prison..." minigame, where a screen occasionally comes up presenting a scenario, and giving options for how to respond to it. Examples could include prison gang formation, work duties, planning for escape attempts, writing a book in prison, responding to human rights abuses, things like that. Or is something even more complicated called for?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 12:59:50 pm »

Prison gang formation is useful! Just think, you control a prison gang that would be fighting other prisoners, therbey promoting Liberalism!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »

Maybe prisoners would be like sleepers?  You can set a general behavior.  Sometimes they can do stuff.  If they expose themselves too much, you lose the agent.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

S_Verner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 03:47:16 am »

I'm a little hazy on what a simulation of prison would look like.

Play Space Rangers 2.

COCKROACH RACES!

TATOOS!

POLICE BRUTALITY!

WRESTLING MATCHES!

PUMPING IRON!

GETTING SHANKED!

TEXT ADVENTURES AND ROGUELIKES COMBINE INTO ONE, IN SPACE RANGERS 2'S PRISON SEGMENTS!
Combat has been...  improved.

Oh God No!

Oh God YES

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 11:16:41 am »

Would you mind linking to this game?

Either where we can download it for free, or (ugh) a review on the game if it's not free.

S_Verner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 01:47:50 pm »

Would you mind linking to this game?

Either where we can download it for free, or (ugh) a review on the game if it's not free.

Most reviews I've read say "URR TURN BASE SPACE SIM BAD, ME SMASH", they don't really mention the text adventures.

Basically, on each day you had to balance activities in a way that didn't get you killed, while contending with the dice gods.
Combat has been...  improved.

Oh God No!

Oh God YES

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 06:07:37 am »

Gee, but I like turn based space sims...

DOWN  WITH REAL-TIME (except Dwarf Fortress, that can stay)!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4