Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thieving scum stole another steel bolt.. no just the one.  (Read 2544 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Thieving scum stole another steel bolt.. no just the one.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 01:29:06 am »

I wish my kobolds did more of what you were talking about.  Thieves that come to my fortress almost always charge the entrance, walking past hundreds of items dropped by enemies.  A thieving race should pick the undefended portions of the map clean before getting into crossbow range.  Not only would this make interacting with the kobolds more fun--a factor that even a mature fort would have to account for--but would also help save your CPU from piles of dead goblin clothing.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 04:53:18 am »

Tell me about it, I wish i could ally with the kobolds. We could have a treaty, we allow their coming to our land and taking whatever they can from battlefields, and in return ... every year they give us one of those wonderful copper daggers I have heard so much about... Or better yet, a squad of kobolds can live within our domain and take anything they want from anywhere between the trade depot and the outside world, and in exchange they keep my traps clean...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 06:50:33 am »

I dunno, a single well made steel bolt has a pretty high dorfbux value. Think of the prices merchants sell them for. I imagine they are at least as expensive as one of those stupid -Felsite Mugs- they'd otherwise steal from your trade depot or stockpile.

I've had my legendary weaponsmiths tantrum and freak out because he psychically knew a monkey had stolen one of his mastercrafted iron bolts out in the boondocks away from the fortress.

I think some sort of value limitation is already applied because I've never seen a theif steal a fallen tree or some animal bones out on the perimeter.

Might explain why a couple hidden kobold thieves make the FPS plummet so badly. Maybe they're just thinking REALLY REALLY hard about what to steal.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 06:32:01 pm »

Yeah, I have no idea what the AI has those dudes doing.

I always get Macaques and Hoary Marmots that steal battlefeild debris, but Kolbolds always seem to path toward the weapon one of my Champions sparring in the barracks is holding.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:22:31 am »

To come anywhere near a fortress, a kobold has got to be suicidal.  They should grab the nearest thing that isn't bolted down and scram.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 11:25:53 am »

After sitting on this I agree and Disagree with the Topic Creator.

Your fortress simply shouldn't care if a Kobold steals a used arrow left in the middle of the woods.

However your Fortress should care if a sack full of diamonds in the center of the fortress is stollen no matter HOW long it is forbidden (or even dumped)
Pages: 1 [2]