Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should libraries be set up

Single Giant library workroom. Takes a bit of set-up but once done is done.
- 90 (40%)
Specific Library sections. Books are in the library and the menu is managable.
- 111 (49.3%)
Generic library sections with free floating books. Messy, but flexible.
- 19 (8.4%)
Other: Describe (keep in mind the limits of modding)
- 5 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 224

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]

Author Topic: Civilization Forge 3.0  (Read 219632 times)

dubem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge 3.0
« Reply #1410 on: May 10, 2015, 07:17:51 am »

So uhh, im kinda new to the forums and all that..i dunno why im pointing that out but anyways: i have a problem with this here mod, whenever i try to create a world it always crashes and starts creating the world all over again once it's almost done with the civs, is there any fix for this? im using DF 40.24 and followed the installation instructions, the description does say that it is compatible with 40.05 and everything past that point.
Thanks in advance

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 12, 2015, 12:38:55 pm »

Hmm. Can you post some of the errors you get in the error log?

Also, are you using ALL of the races in the mod (including the animalman races?) or just some of them? You're probably better off only including, say, 10 races at most. Otherwise the game can have trouble putting everything into a world.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

acekid2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 21, 2015, 04:49:57 am »

I'm just curious, is this mod still being updated? It's by far my favorite mod and I'd hate to see it slowly die out.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:47 am »

I'm just curious, is this mod still being updated? It's by far my favorite mod and I'd hate to see it slowly die out.

It's not being actively updated at the moment, but it's not dead. I'm planning on doing a major overhaul once the next version of DF gets released.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

HappyBivouac

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 29, 2015, 12:38:55 am »

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but is there any way to get civforge creature graphics for 40.24?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 29, 2015, 01:16:39 am »

Hmm. I haven't tried to do anything with graphics so I'm not sure. Has anyone else gotten them to work in a while?
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 21, 2015, 02:49:25 pm »

I have begun the process of converting the raws over to the new version of DF. Might take a bit, but I'll try to release some in-progress versions as I get stuff working.
Come play Mafia with us!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 21, 2015, 05:52:47 pm »

What are you going to do with the library system now that actual ones are in-game?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 21, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »

What are you going to do with the library system now that actual ones are in-game?

Probably keep it as is but pare it down a little. Still give you the option to train up dwarves using books, but I'll get rid of all of the social/fluff books that were there since better ones are in vanilla now. I also need to see how much I can make use of the new bookmaking stuff. I'd love to get rid of the junky book crate system if I can.
Come play Mafia with us!

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 27, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »

I'm giving this a love bump because IMO the only thing DF lacks is a variety of civs.

I used to play the hell out of the Dig Deeper mod back in the day but this is the second best as far as I know.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 27, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »

Yeah, sorry. Been caught up in a bunch of other stuff lately and haven't put as much work into this as I need to. Should have some more time in the next few weeks, though, so I'm planning on getting back into it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 28, 2016, 07:42:08 pm »

hey not sure if i mentioned yet (certainly not in the last year or two) but this was the first mod i ever played, fun fact

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 29, 2016, 03:40:10 am »

Is this at all compatible with 0.42.06? It looks quite interesting.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 29, 2016, 11:13:17 am »

Not really, no. I am planning on focusing on it this week, though, so hopefully I'll have at least a partial version up soon.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]