Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should libraries be set up

Single Giant library workroom. Takes a bit of set-up but once done is done.
- 90 (40%)
Specific Library sections. Books are in the library and the menu is managable.
- 111 (49.3%)
Generic library sections with free floating books. Messy, but flexible.
- 19 (8.4%)
Other: Describe (keep in mind the limits of modding)
- 5 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 224

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95

Author Topic: Civilization Forge 3.0  (Read 220695 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge 2.80
« Reply #1380 on: August 12, 2014, 01:28:59 pm »

Progress has been a bit slow. I've been busy with other things and haven't had much of a chance to test stuff out lately. However, I do have all of the raw changes in place for the acceleration, so once that is tested we should be good to go there.

I'm giving myself a timeline to try and get at least an initial release out by this weekend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 12, 2014, 02:45:59 pm »

Glad to see it's going good with the mod man.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »

Well, unfortunately events have conspired against me. I lost some of my work to a crash, so I've had to redo that, and I've been busy dealing with other things and not able to play DF much lately to test the changes I've made.

Still, I'm determined to get more done and get a release out this week. May or may not have the leather changes in place, we'll see.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 19, 2014, 09:35:04 pm »

github bro

github

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 23, 2014, 07:58:43 am »

I could make you a v 40_09 that just brings in 40_09 changes. You'd have to update things like traits and whatnot but it would only take maybe 15 min w kdiff3 (I finally learned how to use it!) If that would help.

Here it is

by no way unofficial.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3gmry9vej1ly71a

Merge conflicts arose when both 40_09 and civforge tried to edit the same spots for some weapon damage types, such as item_weapon I believe.

I also pulled in some of your optional creatures in a raw\objects\primitive subfolder, but I believe those are simply add on files.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:22:09 am by thistleknot »

Grubsauce

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 24, 2014, 01:49:41 pm »

Very nice mod. Had a ton of fun playing adventure as a female dinosaur axeman. Though it didn't last long I had quite a lot of money and kills under my belt when dino peasant Ahosish Praisedboots struck me down, one of the 3 survivors a rampage I comitted in some peasant dino town.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 26, 2014, 05:07:30 pm »

I could make you a v 40_09 that just brings in 40_09 changes. You'd have to update things like traits and whatnot but it would only take maybe 15 min w kdiff3 (I finally learned how to use it!) If that would help.

Here it is

by no way unofficial.

Merge conflicts arose when both 40_09 and civforge tried to edit the same spots for some weapon damage types, such as item_weapon I believe.

I also pulled in some of your optional creatures in a raw\objects\primitive subfolder, but I believe those are simply add on files.

This keeps crashing at worldgen, errorlogs show that the creatures are all messed up, body segments were not connecting and there were issues with the language files

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 26, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

I'll be releasing a basic version of the mod tonight. Just need to finish a few really minor tweaks and make sure that 40.10 didn't mess any thing up.

Leather changes will be next on my list to finalize, but those need more testing.
Come play Mafia with us!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 26, 2014, 06:06:34 pm »

Here it is

by no way unofficial.

This keeps crashing at worldgen, errorlogs show that the creatures are all messed up, body segments were not connecting and there were issues with the language files

It was a blind merge, no errors were fixed. That was to b someone elses task if they wanted. I just threw it out as a freebie.

Glad to see an update coming soon :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge 3.0
« Reply #1389 on: August 26, 2014, 11:31:26 pm »

Civilization Forge 3.0 is up.

3.0 brings the mod up to compatibility with DF 0.40.5+, with a few tweaks here and there to accomodate a bunch of the changes in version. No fundamental changes, however.

There is a new optional set of Carnivore changes for Dyansauri and some primative races that you can use. They get Meat Plants to cultivate, and that keeps them from outright dying during world gen. However, they tend to be rare and often end up only on the outskirts of other races unless you have a high Savagery world.

Also, Golden Salve should work as a Soap now (in theory).

There are minor tweaks and such all over the place, and integration with the new crops and whatnot for most of the old Civ Forge plants. More work to be done...probably everywhere, but it seems pretty functional so far.

Come play Mafia with us!

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 27, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »

you should use obsidian's vanilla raws has the pre 40.05 raws lack of sheer and yield values which made them use stone template's means that without properly set values for the sheer and yield values means regardless of what you set max-edge to they won't be able to cut skin and will just be a club even if a edged weapon is made using them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 27, 2014, 11:15:53 pm »

Ah, good point. I'll get that fixed.
Come play Mafia with us!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1392 on: August 27, 2014, 11:16:09 pm »

Woah, hey, I should download this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:47 am »

Woah, hey, I should download this.

This is the exact same thing my brain says with every mod I see
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 28, 2014, 01:02:54 pm »

your front page link to dffd says 34.09+ compatible.  Kind of confusing :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:32:20 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95