Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dwarven Gods.  (Read 1021 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
The Dwarven Gods.
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:45:31 am »

My brothers and sisters of the Toady church, I have remarked an ever increasing amount of blasphemy spoiling these fertile lands. Let us fight against the blasphemy and return to Toady's favor!

Toady is our ultimate idol. Toady is not a god, he has surpassed godhood long ago, he is everything. He bears the light and the sky just as he bears power over the dead and the living. He decides who lives and who dies, just as he decides when the sun may shine and when it shall rain. There is no free will, there are the thoughts Toady intends and wants us to have. This blasphemy is a test to us for our belief to Toady.
Toady's direct servants are Armok, God of Blood, and QuantumSawdust, God of Architecture. Armok's likings are slaughter, death, and blood. QuantumSawdust's likings is architecture, fortresses, and buildings.

Why I wrote that, I'll never know. It was some spontaneous urge.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Gods.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 02:35:38 pm »

Sawdust was the guy who made FlaredChannels, right? The uberfort with sheer walls of 8 thick 8 high consturcted walls, with water and magma available all through the fortress?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:44:33 pm »

Sawdust was the guy who made FlaredChannels, right? The uberfort with sheer walls of 8 thick 8 high consturcted walls, with water and magma available all through the fortress?

Whoa, I'd like a link of this Sawdust's fortress.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:09:13 pm »

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45:19 pm »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

That is among the most awe inspiring works of ASCII art I have seen.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:44:06 pm »

DANG! I would like a save file of that. Would be an epic place to go explore in Adventure mode.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:29:46 am by Keilden »
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.