Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774]

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 768520 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator
« Reply #11595 on: October 24, 2017, 07:56:18 pm »

Yeah, I just can't get into a game at all. I can still join community servers, but the Aus ones are all shit, they're either ad-heavy or are 24/7 hightower. Last time I tried I queued for 54 minutes, no game.

Come on Valve, I really, really want to play Jungle Inferno!
Did they ever deal with the roving band of australian hackers I kept hearing about?

Also, its kind of funny the Australian servers suck.  Maybe if they had fixed that Muselk wouldn't have moved on to Overwatch and given their competitor a bunch of free advertising...

The roving band of hackers are still at it, as far as I know. I haven't seen them in game, because I haven't been able to get in game.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: October 24, 2017, 08:09:10 pm »

I haven't played this game in a year, I don't understand how I'm more in tune with its problems than the devs are.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: October 24, 2017, 08:13:33 pm »

to be fair, iirc there is only like 8 devs who have to not just notice the problems, but code them, implement them and in some cases, convince valve it's worth the money to expand/get more servers

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: October 25, 2017, 01:05:40 am »

True.  I guess Valve is in the esports/Steam game now and I'm just disappointed they don't seem to be in the casual video game... game, any more.

Not that I'm complaining about the support they gave to TF2 considering its ridiculous lifespan, its just frustrating to see them move on before the community has.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: October 25, 2017, 12:44:36 pm »

I can imagine it's pretty hard to justify dedicating dev time to TF2 when you're just printing money through DOTA2 and Steam itself.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: October 25, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »

Just hire more people?  Lord knows there can't be a shortage of people wanting to work at Valve.  hire me please Valve, I love you

I see what you're saying.  Its just that I liked Valve for their casual FPSs (HL, TF2, L4D2, I suppose we could count the portal series).  That's not what they are any more.  Granted, I respect what they're doing with Steam and by pushing VR.  And I liked DOTA before that giant update that kinda messed it up.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: October 25, 2017, 01:40:15 pm »

I haven't been able to play TF2 in months due to my 'w' key having been completely destroyed, and coincidentally I got it repaired a day before the update. However, I hadn't had time to play until a group of my friends invited me: I still didn't have time to play, but no one ever invites me to anything so I had to.

If nothing else, the party system shipped with the update is a vast improvement over the previous iteration in my opinion. There are still a few kinks that are pretty annoying, but the relative level of improvement is huge.

You can turn contracts in and still complete the bonuses now. So there's no reason not to turn it in, get your Gas Passer, and then finish up the bonuses. It's not 'Turn it in and you're done' like it was before.
If this is true, you have my thanks.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: October 25, 2017, 02:00:43 pm »

Just hire more people?  Lord knows there can't be a shortage of people wanting to work at Valve.  hire me please Valve, I love you

I see what you're saying.  Its just that I liked Valve for their casual FPSs (HL, TF2, L4D2, I suppose we could count the portal series).  That's not what they are any more.  Granted, I respect what they're doing with Steam and by pushing VR.  And I liked DOTA before that giant update that kinda messed it up.

Valve's business model is more art studio than business.  They have a pool of people with talents and they're basically free to pursue whatever project actually interests them.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: March 29, 2018, 08:43:19 am »

Update to TF2. You'll notice a guy named Sketchek is mentioned, and that alone restores all my faith in the TF2 team. He was a guy that was a MAGICAL pyro player, but he died of cancer and seeing his name being honored makes me feel fuckin warm and tingly inside.

Maybe I'll actually boot up the game a play a little bit.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: March 29, 2018, 09:03:28 am »

Update to TF2. You'll notice a guy named Sketchek is mentioned, and that alone restores all my faith in the TF2 team. He was a guy that was a MAGICAL pyro player, but he died of cancer and seeing his name being honored makes me feel fuckin warm and tingly inside.

Maybe I'll actually boot up the game a play a little bit.

For real!? Aww, that's awesome. I loved watching Sketchek do his insane pyro tricks, and i was saddened when he announced he was terminal. Glad to see the TFTeam mention him.
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774]