Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 770128 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Who's the tough guy now? Huh, tough guy?"
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 10:21:48 pm »

The flare gun is terrible. Its a realy fun toy, but its completely useless in an actual game. Sure, you can annoy snipers at a distance, but, not having the shotgun messes my gameplay up so much that its realy not worth it.

I cant wait for the spy update, its my favorite class! I hope they give him a much more accurate revolver, while still having enough damage to actually kill shit.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 09:22:13 am »

Scouts... grrr...

I never liked fighting them. They kill me so many times its not funny. If a scout can take on like 3 guys at once an win easily, somethings wrong.

Im not too sure on the scout upgrades either. My only safety, the ubercharge, is gone! That and if an entire team scout rushes, they can continuously stun for an easy win! WHY GOD WHY?!?

Any tips for killing em? :)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 09:51:55 am »

The flare gun is great. Its great for pissing of snipers, and making medics run away. And the fact that it has such a short reload time makes it viable to use against everything, turrets for example. I've killed a many great people by spamming flare guns at them.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 09:59:51 am »

The flare gun is great. Its great for pissing of snipers, and making medics run away. And the fact that it has such a short reload time makes it viable to use against everything, turrets for example. I've killed a many great people by spamming flare guns at them.
Ah, I was about to meniton turrets, seeing as the flare gun fires in arcs, you can crouch a few metres from the edge of a roof and just spam it into submission as it completely ignores you.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 10:34:13 am »

Flare guns are awesome.

Let me tell you a small story. Imagine Gravelpit, we are defending, and annoying snipers are camping at their starting place near A.

I, annoyed by them constantly jumping around the corner to take potshots, shoot a flaregun shot in disgust. I quickly, without looking where the shot goes, turn around to kill off some annoying spy.

Suddenly, I see my name appear on the screen, next to a crit flare gun image and the name of the sniper. I feel joy.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 11:22:01 am »

Scouts... grrr...

I never liked fighting them. They kill me so many times its not funny. If a scout can take on like 3 guys at once an win easily, somethings wrong.

Im not too sure on the scout upgrades either. My only safety, the ubercharge, is gone! That and if an entire team scout rushes, they can continuously stun for an easy win! WHY GOD WHY?!?

TF2 has a rock-paper-scissors scheme, somewhat. Scouts are easier to kill if you're a heavy or a pyro. Demos are alright if you can set a trap first, but that goes for killing anything, sometimes you get lucky and throw a bomb on their face tho.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:50 am »

Also hitting a cloaked spy with the flare gun completely by accident is quite fun.  :)

----

Pyro's shotgun taunt has always been hilarious to me.  So is the Heavy's "POW!  Haha!"
I just got the 1st Heavy Milestone from Show Trial.  ;D

Playing the third stage of Dustbowl, me and the rest of the BLUs were taking a severe beating and REDs were pouring in our base from doors and windows. So I positioned myself in the end of the corridor that has a doorway on its side, turned around and started "POW!"'ing. On the third shot the best player of RED, a Soldier, decided to get through the doorway.

Needless to say, everyone, especially me and him, were very amused.

----

Also, do you have any devious tactics that you'd like to share?

I have one, when playing a slow class on defence, I play engineer on setup to upgrade the teleporters of other engis and usually around 15 seconds before the end of setup one of them fires up, I get to the front line as a Heavy right on time and the whole team benefits.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:39:47 am by LASD »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 02:28:42 pm »

My tactic is usually playing an attack engie. Pushing the sentry forward as much as possible. I build it right at their spawn in some maps.

You may think the sentry doesn't last long in those cases, but that doesn't matter if you get 2 or 3 kills with it. Just keep shoving it on their faces.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »

Scouts... grrr...

TF2 has a rock-paper-scissors scheme, somewhat. Scouts are easier to kill if you're a heavy or a pyro. Demos are alright if you can set a trap first, but that goes for killing anything, sometimes you get lucky and throw a bomb on their face tho.

A level 3 sentry is pretty much insta death for scouts too. Don't know about after the update, havn't played it yet.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 03:02:14 pm »

The text on the Friday update makes me think the Scout's scattergun replacement is a grappling hook.

Either that or an airfist that actually pushes you, unlike the Pyro's thing...  But GRAPPLING HOOK!  The Grappling Hook is to CTF like apple pie is to America!

I'm going to hate it!  But I'm going to love it too.

And it sounds like the energy drink is going to let scouts ignore (mostly?) bullets (only?) for a brief period, so they can go right past level 2 sentries...however I'm guessing they will not be able to ignore rockets...  Level 3 sentries will still kill them, but you'll need a heavy AND a soldier to guard your intel!

(Also very much amusement if you are a heavy unloading bullets on a hyper scout and not hitting him, so you go to your fists and knock his head off...)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 04:03:20 pm »

The achievements reveal that the Scattergun replacement is called Force-A-Nature and it's most likely a double shotgun with a terrifyingly powerful kick as one of the achievements is in fact getting yourself killed because of it:  ;D
Quote from: Valve
Fall Classic: Cause an environmental death or suicide using the Force-A-Nature's knockback
Oh wait, that's not really about you, or is it? Well, I guess it has knockback and a big kick to match. At last Newton's laws are respected when dealing with shotgun knockback in shooters!

Also, the Scout Monday update should be coming quite soon. I wonder if it's the new game mode (double payload?) hinted on the background of the Energy Drink update thingie?

(I promise I won't be gathering too much unnecessary information from the official TF2 forums anymore, the people are insane over there. If you don't believe me, go see the "Scout update is in fact the Spy update" conspiracies or the overwhelmingly common complaint threads about complaining. Or don't, it's really quite scary.)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 05:14:04 pm »

I wish the game had more diverse weapons for each class.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 05:15:40 pm »

I don't like the Steam fourms.   :(

WHAT TOONYMAN DON'T LIKE GO KABOOM!!!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »

Force-A-Nature?  Awesome!  The achievement descriptions weren't there a couple days ago, just the icons and names.

My money is on the airfist.  Or...

One achievement mentions BATTING SOMEONE 25 meters.  Another one mentions knocking someone's ball back at them.  Surely the Sandman could be used to reflect stuff like the Pyro's air blast...but could you use the Sandman to whack another player?  Maybe the Force-A-Nature is another bat, and you can have two bats at once!

But then, how would you move yourself with it :x Okay, maybe not
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:18 pm »

Maybe the Force-A-Nature is another bat, and you can have two bats at once!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 774