Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 770798 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mecha Update! "All hail the maker!"
« Reply #9765 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:25 am »

Hehe, that remembers me of my first buy on TF2: A scottish resistance, I fuck you not.

E:
But cosa nostra cap is fucking awesome indeed. I have a trader friend that got me one for 1 ref.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: January 06, 2013, 09:27:49 am »

It deeply, deeply, thoroughly, and deeply frustrates me that I just enjoy watching TF2 players like STAR on youtube and he's just messing around and having fun. When I get on, however, I seem to only feel unending frustration and failure.
This is one thing I can help you with. Star records videos on servers separate from his regular ones. Those guys are quire clearly a tier below him, so he can pull off crazy stuff and make good videos. It's nice stuff, but don't feel bad about not wrecking as hard as he does. You could probably do the same on Valve servers.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: January 06, 2013, 09:29:01 am »

It deeply, deeply, thoroughly, and deeply frustrates me that I just enjoy watching TF2 players like STAR on youtube and he's just messing around and having fun. When I get on, however, I seem to only feel unending frustration and failure.
This is one thing I can help you with. Star records videos on servers separate from his regular ones. Those guys are quire clearly a tier below him, so he can pull off crazy stuff and make good videos. It's nice stuff, but don't feel bad about not wrecking as hard as he does. You could probably do the same on Valve servers.
This. YOU NEED PRACTICE!
Watch the videos I linked! Try to learn some tactics!
What is your favorite class? I bet we can give some tips.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: January 06, 2013, 09:38:35 am »

This. YOU NEED PRACTICE!
Watch the videos I linked! Try to learn some tactics!
What is your favorite class? I bet we can give some tips.

I did actually watch the videos you linked, they were very insightful.

I may have simply been getting frustrated over nothing, since I'm simply being too stubborn to want to actually communicate with a pub team.

Practice may be necessary to become a master Caberknight.

/jk

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: January 06, 2013, 10:01:09 am »

Try playing on the aerolite gaming servers, they usually have a few talky people on each team.
(They run a 24/7 dustbowl, 2fort, turbine and payload server. And a few other servers for other games. When I play I can usually be found on the turbine server because it's less terrible than the 2fort server)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: January 06, 2013, 10:50:21 am »

You'll have to educate a fool here. I'm not sure how to search for a specific servers beyond what the server search feature in the game has.

I'm sure it's simple enough, I just can't see it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:18 am »

It IS kind of hard.
Google aerolitegaming.
Go to their website.

Now look around until you find their server IPs. Open up your server browser (you can do that without TF2, again, look around a bit.) Go to the "favorites" tab. Right-click, and press the option that says something about finding servers at the adress you entered. Enter the IPs and they'll be added to favorites until you remove them.

This is a bit of a vague guide, but it should suffice if you try out a few things.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: January 06, 2013, 11:25:02 am »

http://backpack.tf/

I just checked that site and it rated my backpack to be worth 155$. Seriously, what the hell? I guess preordering L4D2 and Devil's Playhouse was a really good idea.

Also, vintage hats seem to be worth a bunch of keys and all the normal hats are just refined? What is the exhange ratio of keys to refined?

I guess I could get almost anything I want by trading off something old I don't really need.

Also, why does it list prices for items that are non-tradable? Like the Treasure Hat?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:08 am »

So. Favorite servers with relatively quick respawns? All my favorites went under and I'm not partial to sitting on my hands for twenty seconds every time I catch a stray crocket.
Aerolite gaming :P

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9774 on: January 06, 2013, 11:34:15 am »

Also, why does it list prices for items that are non-tradable? Like the Treasure Hat?

Because they can be traded using gift wrap.

What is the exhange ratio of keys to refined?

I believe it is around 3.22 refined per key at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:37:21 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #9775 on: January 06, 2013, 03:57:09 pm »

Keys inflated from about 2.33-2.66 Ref to this terrible price around Halloween due to the limited availability new effect unusuals and refused to deflate due to people going, "If I can sell for this much now, why can't I sell if for this much all the time!"

I suppose it's slowly deflating, bu dangit, it's too slow.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9776 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:49 pm »

I'm emptying my backpack. Anybody want anything?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ref = 3.22 keys. I'm selling the whole package for 55 keys, which is 10 keys less than a quick estimate of the value.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

What I bought was on sale for less than a key, I care very little for cosmetics.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: January 07, 2013, 01:01:44 am »

I'm emptying my backpack. Anybody want anything?

Are those values in Keys? Because if Strange Sticky Launcher, Name Tag, and Festive Buff Banner =< 1 key I'd gladly take those off your hands.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: January 07, 2013, 11:59:38 am »

I've been playing the hell out of Night at the Inventory, and I finally got all the items it can give me through my victories. They're not very valuable, but I'll treasure them because I worked to achieve them. I'm especially happy with my Iron Curtain, since it's the last one I got and the Heavy's competency and general luck skyrocketed when that thing was on the line.

Or maybe it was because I was using the BLU Team table felt, which I switched to just to taunt him, and while I don't have hard proof, I feel it was making him play more aggressively than usual.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 774