Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781549 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Yeah, at this point it might as well be a support class. They originally put him in the offensive classes for a reason.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Gee, I will take the pyro and kill any other class you pick any day easily and I'm not even a good pyro. The good pyro people I know didn't whine one bit and insta-kill everyone with the backburner.

Just standing still and firing your weapon doesn't make it any batter than the next one. Also the pyro takes fixed amount of damage from fire, afaik.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:28:53 am by Soulwynd »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Gee, I will take the pyro and kill any other class you pick any day easily

Not really.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Yes really. I haven't noticed not one bit of game play difference in the pyro, in fact, I like it even more due to the AB enhancements (Deja vu) . Come to the necrophix server when Scarlet or Malachi are playing pyros. You will be killed til you cry with whatever class you pick.

It takes precisely 1 second to kill an over charged heavy at point blank from behind (0.66 seconds for full health heavy) with the backburner. It's insta kill and they can maneuver so well they do it against every single class, including scout unless they run back like cowards (or smart people).

Edit: Another interesting information, The shotgun has always had a very similar average dps compared to the flamethrower at point blank. 141dps against 157dps. It's 123dps now.

Second interesting information. The damage past the point blank range remained exactly the same 101dps.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:11:44 am by Soulwynd »

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Yes really. I haven't noticed not one bit of game play difference in the pyro, in fact, I like it even more due to the AB enhancements (Deja vu) . Come to the necrophix server when Scarlet or Malachi are playing pyros. You will be killed til you cry with whatever class you pick.

It takes precisely 1 second to kill an over charged heavy at point blank from behind (0.66 seconds for full health heavy) with the backburner. It's insta kill and they can maneuver so well they do it against every single class, including scout unless they run back like cowards (or smart people).

Edit: Another interesting information, The shotgun has always had a very similar average dps compared to the flamethrower at point blank. 141dps against 157dps. It's 123dps now.

Second interesting information. The damage past the point blank range remained exactly the same 101dps.

Did you even WATCH the video Duke posted?
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

The video only proves that you should use the shotgun instead of the generic flamethrower in pyro vs pyro fights. Raw dps was never and never will be the most important issue in tf2 balance. In actual fight you don't just stand still and let the opponent shoot you.(unless you are a noob).

Axetinguisher still lets you deal out massive damage if you catch an opponent off guard and the pyros role on the frontlines now is to deflect soldier and demo spam. The only pyro these changes nerf is the w + mouse 1.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

and the pyros role on the frontlines now is to deflect soldier and demo spam.
That's exactly the point. A pyro's main role on the frontline should not be reflecting projectiles. It should be burning people. Like it's supposed to.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Old lame class offense class "The Pyro" has been replaced with new fun support class "The Compression Blaster!"

Have fun everybody!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

That's exactly what I hated in the old pyro. He could run straight into a team fight like a retard die instantly and score some kills just by setting everyone on fire. Apart from being really gay it gave skilled pyros a bad name.

If you don't want to use compression blast then just switch to the backburner. It now has the exact same stats as it used to and kills really fast if you can position yourself. I'll stick with the flamethrower and use the shotgun on other pyros thanks.

Discliamer: has anyone tried crafting crita cola + crita cola + batters helm.

If you can get crit helm that would be awesome :D .
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:55:10 am by Toady Two »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

That's exactly what I hated in the old pyro. He could run straight into a team fight like a retard die instantly and score some kills just by setting everyone on fire. Apart from being really gay it gave skilled pyros a bad name.

Really? Because either the pyro is running around a corner and ambushing the team in which case they are playing the class how it is intended, and you may as well complain that the engineer can build a level 3 sentry fight like a retard and still get kills when an enemy bumps into it, or else the enemy team is terrible because they allowed a pyro to run all the way up to them without say dealing the 175 damage needed to kill it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:21:29 am by Jreengus »
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

If you don't want to use compression blast then just switch to the backburner. It now has the exact same stats as it used to and kills really fast if you can position yourself. I'll stick with the flamethrower and use the shotgun on other pyros thanks.

Actually the backburner has 4% less damage and 40% less afterburn, not to mention how its special ability is pretty useless thanks to a small angle of crits and how the pyro has no movement/stealth abilities.

The changes haven't completely destroyed pyros abilities, but is definitely a nerf in most situations. I am now playing pyro like a combat engineer with the ability to airblast, rather than like a pyro. Sure it's nerfed W+M1 pyros, but that was never effective, at least not compared to W+M1 heavies or spamming demos/soldiers, and has damaged all other pyros as well.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

People, one last time. If you are trying to say the pyro deserved this 'skill requirement' shove a sock in your mouth other classes get away with the same or worse BS.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People, one last time. If you are trying to say the pyro deserved this 'skill requirement' shove a sock in your mouth other classes get away with the same or worse BS.

The soldier comes to mind. Grrrrrr random crockets.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Did you even WATCH the video Duke posted?
Yes and bullshit tests are bullshit. It takes the weapon completely out of context, specially since it works different from a shotgun and has no reload times. Plus pyro takes a fixed damage from fire (minimal, which is 1 or 2 per sprite, if I remember well.)

From a personal point of view, I've been killed way more by pyros after the update than before. The ones who aren't good with the AB are using the backburner and that thing does 150ish dps now not counting hits from behind.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 774