Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777824 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Now for Mac! Free weekend on, too! "Get in here!"
« Reply #3690 on: June 12, 2010, 05:45:43 pm »

It may be a low priority assist, there are so many things that earn you assists it's not uncommon to not get one because someone else's assist trumped yours.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Cpt.Yorange

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: June 12, 2010, 06:23:30 pm »

I can answer this one a flaming arrow still registers ads the entity prijectile_arrow even when on fire so there is no way of adding the assist to it for the time being but i believe there is a fix on the way, also there is a little easter egg in the new tf2 loadout screen when you get a stat for the pyro it states why not try using HER to beat your record

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 12, 2010, 07:35:20 pm »

I can answer this one a flaming arrow still registers ads the entity prijectile_arrow even when on fire so there is no way of adding the assist to it for the time being but i believe there is a fix on the way, also there is a little easter egg in the new tf2 loadout screen when you get a stat for the pyro it states why not try using HER to beat your record
That was already mentioned, it actually randomly switches between him and her.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: June 13, 2010, 06:11:55 am »

Best class is soldier, next would be scout, and then demo.

I've gotten much better as soldier. I remember when it seemed so damn hard to airshot. Especially as a demo. But I seem to be better with airshots as a demo than a soldier, but worse with juggling...

Also yay I beat rj_rckteer_adv finally. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brg-9Fb3cfw)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3696 on: June 13, 2010, 06:26:42 am »

Well then. Bricks were shat. (This CAN be done In-Game)
I'm pretty sure that got changed a while ago, and since the video is over a year old it does fit. Still I could be wrong, but I won't believe until I see it in-game or in a recent video.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 13, 2010, 06:31:22 am »

Woot! TF2 on mah mac!

Graphically it looks better then the XBox version.

Its fine too. There is some issue with the sound lapsing during large games with a lot poeple on the screen at once.

I dont think I can go back to the neutered Xbox version.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 13, 2010, 07:17:19 am »

Hi. I was wondering who hosts the TF2 server. I just modified the TF2 theme song tonight, I was wondering if you'd like to use it as an end of round sound effect if that's possible, to play while one team tries to hide and the other team gets free kills before the next round.

If you'd like to use it for something else for the TF2 server, that is fine too.
This site is a youtube type site, but it will play audio files.
http://www.box.net/shared/oe74hjs791

Also, I'm not sure what copyright laws would be in regard to putting it up on the server... or even me posting it in public like this. If anyone knows whether or not I could get in trouble, please let me know in a PM to make sure I see it. I just did it for fun and not for money.

However, my thoughts are if you can't use it in Valve's own game after it's been significantly modified for free then that would be silly so I'd assume it's safe to use.

Also, there is one small gap of silence near the end that I'll fix tomorrow, I just missed a spot when I was fixing the other small gaps.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 07:19:07 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: June 13, 2010, 10:07:43 am »

I use the Novint Falcon to play and it's great as a demoknight. Reason being that the Falcon allows me to turn freely when charging with the targe. It's incredibly funny to charge at someone, watching him hide behind a corner only for me to do a sharp turn mid-charge and snap his head off. Then proceeding to hear the rage over mic or chat. Or doing U-turns at people who dodge me or zig-zagging towards a huntsman sniper who in other cases would have gotten an easy arrow headshot at a straight-charge demoman.

"what the hell was that angled charge"
"fuck you"
"goddamnit orkel"
"how did you do that"

It's awesome. It works with the 360 controller aswell. Valve patched the charge-turning on mouse, but they forgot to patch it on gamepads (360 controller) and Falcon players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHUoWUFMo_E
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 13, 2010, 10:52:08 am »

Hi. I was wondering who hosts the TF2 server. I just modified the TF2 theme song tonight, I was wondering if you'd like to use it as an end of round sound effect if that's possible, to play while one team tries to hide and the other team gets free kills before the next round.

If you'd like to use it for something else for the TF2 server, that is fine too.
This site is a youtube type site, but it will play audio files.
http://www.box.net/shared/oe74hjs791

Also, I'm not sure what copyright laws would be in regard to putting it up on the server... or even me posting it in public like this. If anyone knows whether or not I could get in trouble, please let me know in a PM to make sure I see it. I just did it for fun and not for money.

However, my thoughts are if you can't use it in Valve's own game after it's been significantly modified for free then that would be silly so I'd assume it's safe to use.

Also, there is one small gap of silence near the end that I'll fix tomorrow, I just missed a spot when I was fixing the other small gaps.

Nice work (rather wonky but still funny), but I doubt I'll be putting anything like this in. I've never really liked servers that have custom sound files playing at the beginning/middle/end or really anywhere, they annoy people who use mics to communicate and just get... really really repetitive.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:58 am »

Hah, I oughta show that to my friend.  He insists on playing with a gamepad (for reasons that astound me) and complains that valve needs to make Team Fortress 2 easier to compete with using a gamepad. 

If a gamepad user can do that, I just need to find some way to give him one of my eyelanders and targes and he might spend enough time not getting slaughtered to actually become legitimately competent.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: June 13, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »

I've wanted one of those novint falcon things since i first heard of them... Now I want one even more.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 13, 2010, 04:06:24 pm »

Well, that was strange. I joined the server as I noticed there was 22 people there. When I got in I noticed they were all strangers, not single familiar face in sight. Looks like the free weekenders are roaming wild on our server and are attracting other people to join too.

No matter though, the game was great and I felt mighty strong playing against the new guys. Our server might not have clan-server like competitiveness, but there's some really good players as regulars. It took a game without them to really see that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:08:42 pm by LASD »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: June 13, 2010, 06:54:43 pm »

Well, that was strange. I joined the server as I noticed there was 22 people there. When I got in I noticed they were all strangers, not single familiar face in sight. Looks like the free weekenders are roaming wild on our server and are attracting other people to join too.

No matter though, the game was great and I felt mighty strong playing against the new guys. Our server might not have clan-server like competitiveness, but there's some really good players as regulars. It took a game without them to really see that.

Yeah, thats one of our best exports on the server. We just have a very very good member base who play regulary. So we like all know each other, and chat. But when theres no-one you know on (which has been happening all weekend) then it becomes very awkward...
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 774