Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781062 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Now for Mac! "Get in here!"
« Reply #3795 on: June 27, 2010, 12:43:05 pm »

Huh. First thing I do when I activate the DR is get an ammo pack to recharge the ringer. Everybody searches for you the first time around, but the second fake death you can escape wonderfully.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 27, 2010, 02:26:01 pm »

Huh. First thing I do when I activate the DR is get an ammo pack to recharge the ringer. Everybody searches for you the first time around, but the second fake death you can escape wonderfully.

Well, considering the two are usually right next to eachother...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 27, 2010, 04:04:15 pm »

What? The DR doesn't give any damage reduction. Only the first blow, the one that "kills" the spy is reduced by it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 27, 2010, 04:12:28 pm »

You mean something shouldn't die when I hit it six times after it's cloaked. This is a spy we're talking here, not a Heavy.

Six times.

If it's getting a medkit every time... yeah. Or do you mean one after another? If that's so, then how do you know you were hitting him?
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 27, 2010, 04:13:59 pm »

What? The DR doesn't give any damage reduction. Only the first blow, the one that "kills" the spy is reduced by it.
Uh, Sorry but you're wrong... DR reduces all incoming damage while active. You're nearly immortal while invisible.

Fun facts from the TF2 wiki:

The Spy will take only 10% damage from attacks while he is cloaked, including the initial triggering attack.

Using the Dead Ringer, It is possible to survive: a deadly fall (non-trigger), 16 stickies, taunt attacks, fully-charged headshots, backstabs, and the initial hit by a train or saw blade.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: June 27, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »

Uh, Sorry but you're wrong... DR reduces all incoming damage while active. You're nearly immortal while invisible.

Really? Very odd, in my experience a stray hit from a Heavy's minigun can kill you with the ringer out after it cloaks you. Strange. Are you sure that's not a typo?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 27, 2010, 04:17:57 pm »

Really? Very odd, in my experience a stray hit from a Heavy's minigun can kill you with the ringer out after it cloaks you. Strange. Are you sure that's not a typo?
Yeah, I know the initial blow won't kill you unless you only have a couple HP, otherwise you can take anything, but I don't use the DR because I never survive long enough to escape while cloaked. Some pyro always lights me on fire...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 27, 2010, 04:19:39 pm »

Yeah, I know the initial blow won't kill you unless you only have a couple HP, otherwise you can take anything, but I don't use the DR because I never survive long enough to escape while cloaked. Some pyro always lights me on fire...

Well yeah, the initial blow being harmless is the whole point, but after that initial hit...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: June 27, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »

Yep. I only use the DR while a spy and I survive against nearly everything.

If you want to test, have a friend with a pistol stand at point blank to you, shoot you with it so you can check the damage, it should be around ~20hp, and then turn your DR on and have him shoot non-stop. You take only 2hp damage from the pistol at point blank when the DR is active. You also take 0 to 1 hp of damage from the flamethrower after burn when it's active. And so on.

Again, DR reduces -ALL- damage while active. The after burn means nothing to a DR spy... until the cloak runs out, that is.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 27, 2010, 05:26:19 pm »

Also, everyone can see you, so they can just wait.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 27, 2010, 05:29:47 pm »

Also, everyone can see you, so they can just wait.
Only if you're on fire/bleeding or took some metal and bumped into someone.

If you bump into someone without taking metal after activating the DR you're fully invisible.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: June 27, 2010, 05:45:41 pm »

I was talking about being on fire o.o

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 28, 2010, 04:43:23 am »

The Spy will take only 10% damage from attacks while he is cloaked, including the initial triggering attack.

Using the Dead Ringer, It is possible to survive: a deadly fall (non-trigger), 16 stickies, taunt attacks, fully-charged headshots, backstabs, and the initial hit by a train or saw blade.
That explains why I have to burn them for 2 hours before they die... That's a bit... overpowered.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 28, 2010, 04:51:19 am »

That explains why I have to burn them for 2 hours before they die... That's a bit... overpowered.

Not really, since if they are on fire, you can follow them until they're forced to uncloak.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 28, 2010, 06:11:30 am »

Yeah but surprise surprise they run back towards their heavy friends waiting around the corner. I often lose them this way, making my spychecking less than efficient.

In other news, I've been playing the solly more, and switched back from the direct hit to the regular rocket launcher (took a bit of getting used to), and demo with normal stickies. Mostly because I hate sentryguns. I'm also using the pain train regularly, since I like winning more than getting more kills.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 774