Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781623 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Now for Mac! "Get in here!"
« Reply #3810 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:10 am »

Now that I'm off school I thought play a bit more. I log on to steam, open team fortress, and whoa, major menu ui change. When did that happen?

Anyway, I also noticed the DFC server empty, has it been abandoned or am I just not logging on at the right time? Anyway, in-game name is Galumph, I'd love to play some games with you guys.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: June 28, 2010, 06:33:51 am »

Join the DFC group, usually one of the admins starts an event when he wants to play, and suddenly the server's full of people :)

The problem is nobody likes hanging around on an empty server waiting for others to join. Sometimes there's 1 person, then I join to get the number up, but then he's gone by the time I'm on the server.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: June 28, 2010, 06:37:45 am »

Oh, I see. I've joined the group, name's also Galumph over there.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: June 28, 2010, 08:58:54 am »

pretty unconventional :

if you taunt with the equlizer out and switch to another weapon right before the taunt starts ,the weapon Held won't be registered as the Equlizer and thus you can be healed while taunt-killing with the equlizer

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: June 28, 2010, 10:42:35 am »

All you people with your...

Ripe...

Glistening...

Inviting...

Backs Won't have to worry much right now, i'm trying out other classes, mostly Ninjaneering and Battlenging, So you neednt watch for me Up your ass as much!

(You should still watch though, Wrenches fit there too.)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:28 am »

Ninjaneering?

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: June 28, 2010, 11:06:09 am »

I've heard that somewhere before..
But I have no idea where it's from..

Oh yeah, Server's up. Anyone interested in a game?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: June 28, 2010, 11:13:36 am »

Ninjaneering?
I'm guessing he intends to place teleporters behind enemy lines, hidden away for attacks from the rear... though that's still backstabbing really.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: June 28, 2010, 11:18:28 am »

Ninjaneering?

Guerrilla engineering... most annoying when you find a level 1 sentry in the middle of where your trying to fight, pinging your ass as the engineer runs in from the other side while you're distracted with a shotgun to the face.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: June 28, 2010, 11:27:34 am »

What? The DR doesn't give any damage reduction. Only the first blow, the one that "kills" the spy is reduced by it.
Uh, Sorry but you're wrong... DR reduces all incoming damage while active. You're nearly immortal while invisible.

Fun facts from the TF2 wiki:

The Spy will take only 10% damage from attacks while he is cloaked, including the initial triggering attack.

Using the Dead Ringer, It is possible to survive: a deadly fall (non-trigger), 16 stickies, taunt attacks, fully-charged headshots, backstabs, and the initial hit by a train or saw blade.
That explains why I have to burn them for 2 hours before they die... That's a bit... overpowered.

Not really, since if they are on fire, you can follow them until they're forced to uncloak.
They only have 6 seconds of near-uber. If they take any metal in the mean time to recharge the cloak, the DR becomes a C&D effect, meaning your damage reduction is gone and you become visible if you bump on someone. The best thing for a pyro to do is to AB them into corners until they run out of cloak and then flame them up. If you're a back burner pyro just burn their back, the critical hit is high enough to inflict some nice damage even while they're cloaked.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: June 28, 2010, 12:42:18 pm »

I am ninjaneer, fear me!

Also, I'm really surprised that word caught on... I can't help but wonder if I was the person who came up with it...

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3821 on: June 28, 2010, 12:49:49 pm »

What? The DR doesn't give any damage reduction. Only the first blow, the one that "kills" the spy is reduced by it.
Uh, Sorry but you're wrong... DR reduces all incoming damage while active. You're nearly immortal while invisible.

Fun facts from the TF2 wiki:

The Spy will take only 10% damage from attacks while he is cloaked, including the initial triggering attack.

Using the Dead Ringer, It is possible to survive: a deadly fall (non-trigger), 16 stickies, taunt attacks, fully-charged headshots, backstabs, and the initial hit by a train or saw blade.
That explains why I have to burn them for 2 hours before they die... That's a bit... overpowered.

Not really, since if they are on fire, you can follow them until they're forced to uncloak.
They only have 6 seconds of near-uber. If they take any metal in the mean time to recharge the cloak, the DR becomes a C&D effect, meaning your damage reduction is gone and you become visible if you bump on someone. The best thing for a pyro to do is to AB them into corners until they run out of cloak and then flame them up. If you're a back burner pyro just burn their back, the critical hit is high enough to inflict some nice damage even while they're cloaked.

I never thought about airblasting C&Ded spies. Thats a great idea. I generally just case them down and burn burn burn them. Yours sounds like a better plan.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: June 28, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »

Now I know about that damage reduction, I'll do that as well...

I love my rockets vs pyros. One sends them flying up, and while they come down BAM there's the second. Rockets are like airblasts with damage.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: June 28, 2010, 02:00:27 pm »

I love my rockets vs pyros. One sends them flying up, and while they come down BAM there's the second. Rockets are like airblasts with damage.
You will start hating it when you find a good AB pyro. xD

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: June 28, 2010, 02:10:14 pm »

You will start hating it when you find a good AB pyro. xD
Then you miss your first shot intentionally, fake 'em out with the second and take 'em out with the third and fourth they didn't see coming.

Despite how skilled one can be at airblasting a good deal of it IS luck at close range. You pretty much have to predict when they will fire, which can be a problem on people with exceptionally bad reflexes or know how to throw off your timing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 774