Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777779 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Fear the medic I say.......BOO!!!
Don't you hate medic pairs going around ubering each other non-stop?

edit:Typo of doom.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:28:57 pm by Soulwynd »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Yes.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was pretty confused when it said hair.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was pretty confused when it said hair.
Yeah, when you type too fast your synaptic memory kicks in and weird crap comes out.

I was in a game once with 4 medics doing those pair up and it was before the scout update, so it was pretty hard to deal with, since only demos could get them to stop.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish that there weren't so many of the scout achievements that require you to use the Sandman.  I like double jumping!
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I wish that there weren't so many of the scout achievements that require you to use the Sandman.  I like double jumping!
I cheated for the scout ones and went to an achievement server. Only because I knew I'd do much better with the alternative gear. My doc/heavy/pyro ones are all legit.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I cheated for the scout ones and went to an achievement server. Only because I knew I'd do much better with the alternative gear. My doc/heavy/pyro ones are all legit.
You know what? I might just do that. I wanted to avoid the achievement servers at all costs, but the scout ones are never going to be achieved if I do that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Hmpf.  You'v got to earn those medals private!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

In what order do you get the pyro items?  So far I've only gotten the Flaregun.
Shoes...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Flaregun,backburner,axtinguisher.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Which sucks for me, because I find only the third one useful.
 Flaregun is good if you are skilled in firing in front of a moving target to compensate for a slow projectile or just a method of making a fire for the axetinguisher. Backburner is the staple of W + M1 pyros, and the compression blast is perfect for launching foes a little in the air to disorient them while the axe is taken out.
 Then there is the axe, which is about as fun as the flaregun is without the lack of raw damage output.

I'm actually intrigued with the unlocked minigun. From what I can tell, the slowdown effect is caused even at ranges far out of the practical range of the minigun. I'm going to have fun with that one, mainly just causing scouts hell for the hell of it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

The slowdown is annoying but the 25%? damage penalty hurts pretty bad.  You'll lose a LOT more fights, you won't scare people as much, people WILL get to cover faster even with the slowdown, and large groups will start killing you before you even take down one (instead of: after you take down the medic).

They are both interesting.  I still switch between them based on the map.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Which sucks for me, because I find only the third one useful.
 Flaregun is good if you are skilled in firing in front of a moving target to compensate for a slow projectile or just a method of making a fire for the axetinguisher. Backburner is the staple of W + M1 pyros, and the compression blast is perfect for launching foes a little in the air to disorient them while the axe is taken out.
 Then there is the axe, which is about as fun as the flaregun is without the lack of raw damage output.

I'm actually intrigued with the unlocked minigun. From what I can tell, the slowdown effect is caused even at ranges far out of the practical range of the minigun. I'm going to have fun with that one, mainly just causing scouts hell for the hell of it.
I find the flaregun to be awesome, but I'm pretty used to slow arcing projectiles because I like playing demo. The thing with the flaregun is that, despise it only doing burning damage (unless it's a crit shot), people run. Plus it's deadly for an already damaged target that's far away. I find it to be more useful than the shotgun, except when fighting other pyros. But the axe is the most useful of them all for the pyro, yeah, and I'm avoiding the backburner, I like the blast way too much against pesky ubered people. If you have full ammo, you can keep them from advancing til the uber is over.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I like using the compression blast in the final checkpoint of the map with the one main point and the four optional points.  You can knock people off of the platform and kill them.  It's hard though, they tend not to fall.
Shoes...

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile

It works better if you puff them with flames before using the air blast. When people catch fire, they move more erratically, which makes them less likely to resist the push in the right direction.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 774